The Emperor's New Wardrobe - PROGRESSION BUGGED

My friend was trying to get some achievement points for him to reach his next big milestone, so he decided to try and get his next tier of The Emperor's New Wardrobe for the Soulbound Cultural Armor achievement. He bought three pieces he did not have yet to get him to the 72 milestone so he could start Tier 5, however he bought the pieces and was still on 69 out of 72. I decided to see if it was maybe just that he had already bought the items he was getting and he said it wasn't, so I decided to check my achievement to see what I was at and buy some pieces to see if my progress moved. I was also on 69 out of 72 and I bought 3 pieces I didn't have to see if it would budge. It did not, I too was stuck at 69/72 even though my account clearly stated I had unlocked 3 new skins.The progression seems to be bugged on this achievement, which is a shame because it holds a title along with 50 achievement points in total and a mastery point which some people are still hunting particularly hard for.

You must purchase 1 Head, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, Gloves, Shoes (and only one) from each tier for each race. If you, for instance, already have a Heavy Helm in Tier 2, and purchase a Light Helm in Tier 2 (that you never purchased before), it will not advance the Achievement.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fashion#Notes

Good luck.

Oh, but like the achievement itself does not state that. It says unique pieces of cultural armor which should count as every skin that you get?I mean I get that it tells you on the wiki but I feel like that is something the achievement should specify, maybe in a check list like some other achievement.

• 8 months later...

I think I found the issue. If the armor that you buy is NOT equip-able by your character, it doesn't count towards the achievement, even though the items are soul-bound on acquire. At least, that's what happened to me. With my human thief I bought the level 60 medium gloves and boots, which brought me from 33 to 35. I then bought the light armor gloves and boots and noticed I was still at 35. Just to be sure, I bought the heavy boots, and sure enough I'm still at 35. I bought the medium shoulders and got up to 36.

Each purchase unlocked a skin, so I know I didn't buy them previously (all skins were locked before). Even if I were to repurchase them with characters of the correct armor class, this makes it difficult to figure out which pieces still need to be repurchased because the skins would be unlocked.

@Moff.6235 said:I think I found the issue. If the armor that you buy is NOT equip-able by your character, it doesn't count towards the achievement, even though the items are soul-bound on acquire. At least, that's what happened to me. With my human thief I bought the level 60 medium gloves and boots, which brought me from 33 to 35. I then bought the light armor gloves and boots and noticed I was still at 35. Just to be sure, I bought the heavy boots, and sure enough I'm still at 35. I bought the medium shoulders and got up to 36.

Each purchase unlocked a skin, so I know I didn't buy them previously (all skins were locked before). Even if I were to repurchase them with characters of the correct armor class, this makes it difficult to figure out which pieces still need to be repurchased because the skins would be unlocked.

No, it doesn't matter if you can equip the armor. What matters is the Tier and Race and Armor piece. Armor weights don't matter. You bought T2 gloves and boots (Medium), then bought more T2 gloves and boots (Light), and then bought even more T2 gloves and boots (Heavy). You only need 1 T2 Helm, Chest, Gloves, Pants, Boots and Shoulders for each Race.

In total, you need 1 T1 Helm, Gloves, Shoulders, Chest, Pants and Boots for each Race; 1 T2 Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Pants and Boots for each Race; and 1 T3 Helm, Gloves, Shoulders, Chest, Pants and Boots for each Race.

Thus, six armor pieces from each Tier (T1, T2, T3 ) for each Race (18 pieces per Race [90 pieces in all]).

Good luck.

Archived