A block feature on the forums?

It wasn't possible on the old one, could be possible on the new but the question is what benefit does it give to anyone but a select few? I would gladly never see several peoples posts but how does this benefit the forums as a whole, and frankly who cares that I personally dislike several posting styles?

@Yargesh.4965 said:It wasn't possible on the old one, could be possible on the new but the question is what benefit does it give to anyone but a select few? I would gladly never see several peoples posts but how does this benefit the forums as a whole, and frankly who cares that I personally dislike several posting styles?

It's helpful for the same reason a ban tool is. Sometimes it's better to give the user the option to never put themselves in a bad situation rather than rely on the mods to correct after the fact. (Note this isn't mod hate, just saying it helps people help themselves).

It also makes it easier for people to weed out things they wouldn't comment on so they can focus on discussions they want to be involved in.Like is someone is making a near-duplicate forum thread about one topic every day, some people would prefer to just block the person so they don't have to see the same thread repeated every day.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Yargesh.4965 said:It wasn't possible on the old one, could be possible on the new but the question is what benefit does it give to anyone but a select few? I would gladly never see several peoples posts but how does this benefit the forums as a whole, and frankly who cares that I personally dislike several posting styles?

It's helpful for the same reason a ban tool is. Sometimes it's better to give the user the option to never put themselves in a bad situation rather than rely on the mods to correct after the fact. (Note this isn't mod hate, just saying it helps people help themselves).

So a self control option without having self control?

@Yargesh.4965 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

So a self control option without having self control?

Somewhat. It's not a black and white scenario. People all have varying levels of patience so giving them a tool to filter out things is always appreciated.

I never care who has or hasn't ever blocked me mostly because they (people) don't matter, but it would be nice to block those "bring back LS1's". Every week or so you get a new thread about it and it's been going on for years. Folx should just content themselves with the vid ;).

@Tasida.4085 said:I never care who has or hasn't ever blocked me mostly because they (people) don't matter, but it would be nice to block those "bring back LS1's". Every week or so you get a new thread about it and it's been going on for years. Folx should just content themselves with the vid ;).

Adding a block feature for specific thread titles would be fun, although not easily (if at all) implemented ;)

Archived