There's a way to remove the loot table oingoing on the right?

Shirlias.8104

Hi guys,

The one which appears when you loot, open bags, salvage.

Sometimes ( like halloween bags ) it makes the client running slower till it froze for 10/15 sec cause he still have to memorize the loot he must show you.And, honestly, it's senseless ( and having to relog cause of the low fps is not quite a thing if you are waiting for meta, if you are in wvw, in a "stack" map like silverwaste and so on ).

Btw i checked and i couldn't find it, but maybe i am the one who missed the option.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Sometimes when I open a couple thousand ToT bags it will make my client go not responding for a short bit. But I've never had it crash me. It does seem like something people should have the option to toggle off.

I didn't have any crash too ( the log out is to "reset" and make the game run smoothly ), but for salvaging or opening i pass from 2 sec to 15/20 sec, the the game lose some fps ( i can still play though it's not the best thing ).

I believe what the OP is getting at is that the open all function currently has some issues on mid-low end machines where it causes them to come to a crawl as it processes all the options and items. I think the major part of this is the constant checks for end-of-inventory but i'm not sure there's a way for anet to fix it/streamline the processing overhead.

@TexZero.7910 said:I believe what the OP is getting at is that the open all function currently has some issues on mid-low end machines where it causes them to come to a crawl as it processes all the options and items. I think the major part of this is the constant checks for end-of-inventory but i'm not sure there's a way for anet to fix it/streamline the processing overhead.

It's not.I got a decent computer and when I click use all on 250 ToT bags and then right after that I probably open another 250the game starts scream at me that I'm doing way too much as it's loading a billion things into my inventory and the right side of the screen scrolling down.

After opening it somewhat gets back to normal, but the scrolling goes on for about... 10 minutes? I mean it's bad.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:I believe what the OP is getting at is that the open all function currently has some issues on mid-low end machines where it causes them to come to a crawl as it processes all the options and items. I think the major part of this is the constant checks for end-of-inventory but i'm not sure there's a way for anet to fix it/streamline the processing overhead.

It's not.I got a decent computer and when I click use all on 250 ToT bags and then right after that I probably open another 250the game starts scream at me that I'm doing way too much as it's loading a billion things into my inventory and the right side of the screen scrolling down.

After opening it somewhat gets back to normal, but the scrolling goes on for about... 10 minutes? I mean it's bad.You'll have to forgive me for not taking your word of a decent computer at face value. If there was some specs to compare against i'd be more likely to believe it, but from my understanding of what's actually going on during the open/use all function it's definitely an issue of it bogging down processing, the issue of how severe it is changes variably by machine and settings.

@Aki Ross.9827 said:I'm experiencing the same issue when opening (use all) a few stacks of these bags and I won't consider my rig a low-mid-end computer.Specs: i7-6700k@4,4 (running on MSI Z270 mainboard) - 16GB RAM - ASUS 780ti OC - 1TB Samsung SSD

It's pretty much what most people would consider mid tier. Not being rude, but your system is dated. You're also bottle-necked by your GPU. That's okay though as the primary fault of GW2 is it being CPU intensive, what i'd be more interesting in knowing is what your machines processor looks like while doing said action. My hunch is its spiking pretty hard.

@Aki Ross.9827 said:I'm experiencing the same issue when opening (use all) a few stacks of these bags and I won't consider my rig a low-mid-end computer.Specs: i7-6700k@4,4 (running on MSI Z270 mainboard) - 16GB RAM - ASUS 780ti OC - 1TB Samsung SSD

I am talking about 7+ stacks but also related salvage, which add you the a similar drop.

as someone who opens alot of bags, salvages stacks of items etc, I would love to have this option as well.

If you experience problems like this, make sure that you dont have other UI open that also displays your bag contents, like guild or account bank, TP sell window, vendor sales window, mystic forge, crafting ui etc. Not a fix-all for all machines but those extra open ui will slow you down additionally.

It also might help to either hide your chat or disable the incoming loot channel but I havent tested that myself yet.

@Gator.5729 said:There is an easy fix (work around) for it. I see the slow down alot when opening large quantities of ToT bags and similar items. Once the last bag is opened waypoint and it cancels the scrolling items on the side of the screen. Works for me every time.

only works, if the waypoint is more than 5000 units away from your current location to trigger the loading screen

Archived