Renegade Rotation

Joxer.6024

Ok, most of us have watched Fennec's vid and post on the Renegade (condi) rotations but what I am wondering, as I have heard a few mention them, is what other skills are folks using?I have heard people talk of putting down Soulcleave but isn't that just a huge dps loss as your energy goes to zero really fast with him up? In theory it seems like a good thing as its lifesteal and extra dps for people in range but is the life gain worth it, and needed? I have on occasion popped the heal down for some "oh *hit" moments but when trying out the elite it just wasn't worth it, to me. Razorclaw feels like more of a gain overall and a boost to all in range as well, just no life steal. And what about Icerazor (minus the ice,lol)?? In open world its fun to put him down but have yet to try in a raid. Again, worth it?Just wondering if other options are being used and if so are they any good. Always looking to make my dps and toon better and improve, that's all. ;)

Soulcleave is one of those elites that you only use when you need the extra healing from the lifesteal. It can be stacked with breakrazor for some burst healing, since breakrazor only costs 10 energy. Basically, if you're already in kalla and things are going south, stack soulcleave+breakrazor and go ham until low on energy, then swap out. Since it's an upkeep skill, you can also "flash" it to trigger diabolic inferno. Still not worth using in raid scenarios in my opinion.Icerazor doesn't chill (it should) but it does trigger your rampant vex trait, so it can apply a few stacks of torment. Still largely not worth using over razorclaw/darkrazor.

Mallyx = Embrace the Darkness + 3 Searing Fissures + 1 Echoing Eruption (Unyielding Anguish if doing mechanics caused me to have excess energy from a delayed swap.)Kalla = Razorclaw + Citadel Bombardment + 3 Searing Fissures + Echoing Eruption + Temporal Rift (Icerazor or 2nd Echoing if mechanics.)

This is pretty much what I stick too... In theory you can drop a 2nd Razorclaw instead of Icerazor if your Kalla swap got delayed by 5 seconds... Which might happen on like Slothasar waiting for a slow break in a pug or if you had to take a longer way to your cleansing well on matt cuz of bad corruption drops or whatever, but then it won't be ready again until mid way through your next Kalla rotation and everything gets a little messy, so I usually just drop Icerazor and/or an extra Echoing Eruption.

I would say Soulcleave is never worth using because it not only drains your energy but stops it from regening... Even if your group's in an "oh kitten" moment, you're probably just better off dropping Breakrazor. Well, I take that back, Soulcleave is probably worth using if you somehow got into a raid as a Power Renegade, but if you're condi, it's never the right choice. Even trying to flash it at the start of your Kalla rotation for Diabolic Inferno is going to cost you .75 seconds in cast time and 15 energy (10 to activate and 1 second of not regaining energy) for only two 4 sec burns--which means you're going to either have to skip Temporal Rift (three 8 second torments and confusions) or delay switching back to Mallyx for 3 seconds--either way, not worth it.

Archived