Reneg as support, PVE? Is it a good option?

lagrimabendita.8763

Hello there,

Finally I have tested all the Support/Healer char in PVE and I am between Rev-Reneg and other which is very nerf right now LOL

So I wonder if someone have the opporutnity to try this class in depth as support and could give me their feedback?Also is just me or is very hard to support your team with the table and the same time move your char and attack with it?Which weapon are you using when you are supporting? Staff and?? I have been thinking to use Bow or Hammer because I found very hard to support and see where is my team in melee position, what do you think?

Thanks.

I've run the healer myself in high level fractals.

The healing renegade is pretty powerful, on one condition: your teammates are aware that they should stick to the tablet. This is the biggest weakness of the healing rev, because really n00bish teammates will scatter, and some will actively run away from the tablet thinking it is an enemy attack. Since the renegade is based around area control, it is really hard to carry a bad group that won't stick to one area. You'll end up chasing around a wanderer with a tablet, getting very little healing/support done overall.

But if you do have a half decent group, then healing rev is excellent. For weapons, I use Sword/Sword + Staff. This is a holdover from my healing herald days, where I used Sword/Shield + Staff. The reasons for the swords are simple: they do more damage, and they stack vulnerability. Since nearly all of the healing rev's abilities come from its utilities, you are free to lay down a surprising amount of DPS for a healing build. The orbs from the staff auto are hard for teammates to utilize, so the staff is used mostly for the condi cleanse and the crowd control.

As time goes on, you'll get used to moving around the tablet. Don't shy away from legend swapping, though. Kalla has group heals on it's heal skill and elite, and they occupy a larger area than the tablet. Soulcleave is a good DPS buff, and it heals your teammates for 600+ each time they hit an enemy.

Overall, the rev is a really good healer. The alacrity is good, the heals are powerful and bursty, the DPS is surprisingly high for a healing build, the CC is one of the best in the game, the vulnerability is good, the condition cleanse is good, the projectile destruction is good, and the ancillary buffs from Assassin's Presence and Soul Cleave are also pretty good. The only weakness of the build is that the heals are relatively immobile.

Revenant's actually have the highest healing output of all the healing classes and the anti projectile bubble can just easy-mode break a couple of the encounters (sloth, cairn)... It's just that they don't provide the offensive support of a druid, so unless that changes they'll never be meta. Groups will always gravitate toward support roles that are more offensive simply because the more experienced the group is, the less important healing becomes. With the exception of Assassin's Presence and Alacrity, all of your support is extremely defensive; huge outgoing heals, pulsing protection, RotGD, and Projectile Destruction are all things that you don't really need once you're in a group where people actually know what they're doing and/or your chrono's are experienced enough to distort. And while AP does give 15% critical damage to your sub, it doesn't hold a candle to a druid bringing GotL, Empowerment, Spotter, and Double Spirits.

If you're really bent on making it work, I'd say you go sword/axe and staff... The reason I say sword/axe instead of just pure camping staff for healing orbs is because there's not really enough incoming damage that you'd need healing beyond your tablet and with tempests becoming less and less common to weavers, a lot of groups are actually lacking in vulnerability stacking--sword helps a lot with this. And axe is self explanatory for cc. I'd also invest in a hammer with a superior sigil of water on it for the (non deimos) fights when you're the kiter (cairn/sab), because if you're really going to try and play healing rev you might as well go all the way.

I've been messing around with Kalla & Ventari legends with Salvation + Corruption. With full vipers armour, Marshal shortbow and mostly healing/condition stats jewellery. It's been fun to go around healing people on Bounties and World bosses like bloodstone fen where people's health slowly wither away.

Been playing it in PvE living world and noone knows what it does. sometimes people evade away from it. Its good placing it in melee range and heal people standing in aoe/cleave

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:My problem is I don't know how to support my team with the table and use its skills and at the same time use my skill weapon and follow the mobs. Any tips???

I need a 3Rd hand

I mean... If you're doing Open World Bounty/Boss trains or something, don't worry about keeping your tablet on people and using your big burst skills on them since it's almost impossible to coordinate that with those types of people... I'd just keep spamming Ventari's Will every 3 seconds and try to move it in a way where it passes through as many people as possible. And when the boss's breakbar comes up, move it on top of him and use the elite. I guess if the target has "Exploited" you could just keep it right on the boss the whole time to heal those people with Natural Harmony--since they're the only ones doing damage anyways. When your tablet's out, you don't really have to worry about using any of your weapon skills except auto attacking and jumping in on break bars, so I'm not super sure what you mean about doing both at once. Trying to support with your tablet while doing full dps rotations (outside of auto attacking) is counterproductive to your energy maintenance and you likely won't have enough to do both... If you want to do both roles, you'd be better off just having a dps legend that you dps from and ventari to swap into to support.

If you're talking about in a raid or fractal, everyone should be stacked and easy to heal? If they're running around like maniacs in a raid, you're not really on a path to success anyways.

@narcx.3570 said:

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:My problem is I don't know how to support my team with the table and use its skills and at the same time use my skill weapon and follow the mobs. Any tips???

I need a 3Rd hand

I mean... If you're doing Open World Bounty/Boss trains or something, don't worry about keeping your tablet on people and using your big burst skills on them since it's almost impossible to coordinate that with those types of people... I'd just keep spamming Ventari's Will every 3 seconds and try to move it in a way where it passes through as many people as possible. And when the boss's breakbar comes up, move it on top of him and use the elite. I guess if the target has "Exploited" you could just keep it right on the boss the whole time to heal those people with Natural Harmony--since they're the only ones doing damage anyways. When your tablet's out, you don't really have to worry about using any of your weapon skills except auto attacking and jumping in on break bars, so I'm not super sure what you mean about doing both at once. Trying to support with your tablet while doing full dps rotations (outside of auto attacking) is counterproductive to your energy maintenance and you likely won't have enough to do both... If you want to do both roles, you'd be better off just having a dps legend that you dps from and ventari to swap into to support.

If you're talking about in a raid or fractal, everyone should be stacked and easy to heal? If they're running around like maniacs in a raid, you're not really on a path to success anyways.

OMG but that make our job sooooo boring.. just use the table skills and auto atack.. mmm :(

The important thing to know is that the rev heals in bursts. You don't have to throw out a bunch of heals constantly. Only when they are needed. So, just use some smart energy management tactics. In a short fight, keep energy above 20 in case you need to heal, and in a long, hard fight you'll want to keep energy above 40, so you can use consecutive heals if needed. Once your reach those thresholds, you can use energy as you see fit, so long as you heal when needed and stick to auto attacks while building up energy. That's all for fractals and raids.

The fact is, you can't blow all of your energy on heals and also blow all your energy on complicated DPS rotations. it is one or the other. As for the open world, my advice is to not bother chasing around players. I would just run power herald, since few fights really need a healer there. But, if you need a healer, the best way to do it is to put the tablet on top of roughly where the mobs and players are going to collide, and just keep it there.

Archived