Change burst of agility trait (PvP)

Elxdark.9702

This trait is nowhere viable as thrill of the crime because its long cd.Reduce its cd as you did with haste and maybe it will be usable in more situations and against different builds/comps.At the moment thrill of the crime is a must pick because despite being a good trait already you don't really have any more options than that.

Look at haste, nobody ever used it after d/d power spike meta but now it's a 30s cd which is optimal and could be usable in more situations.

@babazhook.6805 said:I use burst of agility in my own builds (two) and find it fine. I prefer to TOTC because said builds already have ample might/fury swiftness access. Further to that of using DE at range the app of TOTC stuff to allies is less.

Burst of agility can lower cooldown with trickster.

I use it when I use trickery also but I still think the cool down could be lowered some. Feels like an every other fight option where other options can be twice a fight.

@babazhook.6805 said:I use burst of agility in my own builds (two) and find it fine. I prefer to TOTC because said builds already have ample might/fury swiftness access. Further to that of using DE at range the app of TOTC stuff to allies is less.

Again I can't take any word from you seriously because you don't even play PvP, the title said PvP and you have clearly stated that you play WvW.

Burst of agility can lower cooldown with trickster.This prove that you don't have any knowlegde of the meta in pvp, no one will ever take this trait over bountiful theft.

Also you're saying a 60s cd 7s quickness is better than a 20s cd fury might and swiftness 10s uptime? with what build or in what situation that would help you in PvP?

@kash.9213 said:

I use it when I use trickery also but I still think the cool down could be lowered some. Feels like an every other fight option where other options can be twice a fight.

The quickness on opening does more for you then TOTC in my opinion especially since thief tends to be abl to engage an enemy first. Yes there that long cooldown but the first burst of quickness in a number of builds will really lay the hurt on early in a fight.It much better for an opening quick burst.

If specced for other fury sources < I prefer quickness even at 6 seconds over one more stack of might or swiftness that i already got.

If you no other sources of swiftness or FURY and have to rely on TOTC for the same then that preferable. I do think IMPROV should reset BOA but I do not think lowering BOA quickness ICD is needed. If they do this they would lower the duration which is not necessarily better.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

Again I can't take any word from you seriously because you don't even play PvP, the title said
PvP
and you have clearly stated that you play WvW.

Burst of agility can lower cooldown with trickster.This prove that you don't have any knowlegde of the meta in pvp, no one will ever take this trait over bountiful theft.

Also you're saying a 60s cd 7s quickness is better than a 20s cd fury might and swiftness 10s uptime? with what build or in what situation that would help you in PvP?

Then dont take it. I am saying if you already have a source of Fury and swiftness then TOTC is not needed. it does not matter if PVP or not. There a reason something like sigil of rage on such a high cooldown and that because of what quickness can do.

if you have UC traited just as example you have all the swiftness you need. The might does nothing. Any s/x build using Acro has more then enough swiftness.All you talk about is fury and as i said if you hav another fury source (or a high crit rate) the fury redundant. Something does not become "unviable' just because the meta build demanded by a prefferred game mode can not use it. D/p is still the preffered weapon in PvP for thief. it hardly follows that all the traits it does not use are no longer viable.

By your own words you claimed "no one will take Trickster over BT in PvP". That hardly means it not viable. It just shows how important boon theft is to a given build.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

Again I can't take any word from you seriously because you don't even play PvP, the title said
PvP

Then dont take it. I am saying if you already have a source of Fury and swiftness then TOTC is not needed. it does not matter if PVP or not. There a reason something like sigil of rage on such a high cooldown and that because of what quickness can do.

if you have UC traited just as example you have all the swiftness you need. The might does nothing. Any s/x build using Acro has more then enough swiftness.All you talk about is fury and as i said if you hav another fury source (or a high crit rate) the fury redundant. Something does not become "unviable' just because the meta build demanded by a prefferred game mode can not use it. D/p is still the preffered weapon in PvP for thief. it hardly follows that all the traits it does not use are no longer viable.

By your own words you claimed "no one will take Trickster over BT in PvP". That hardly means it not viable. It just shows how important boon theft is to a given build.

It's not viable because bountiful theft is much better.

I agree that if you have enough fury uptime thrill of the crime may be redundant but still it's much better than a 60s cd that gives you 6s quickness ( I said 7s which was wrong)

sigil of rage is a 3s quickness on a 30s cd, well haste is now a 30s cd with 6s quickness so why don't they do the same with burst of agility? it's a passive trait that only procs when you hit from behind and it's already annoying when it randomly procs and you need to wait another 60s.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

PvP

It's not viable because bountiful theft is much better.

I agree that if you have enough fury uptime thrill of the crime may be redundant but still it's much better than a 60s cd that gives you 6s quickness ( I said 7s which was wrong)

sigil of rage is a 3s quickness on a 30s cd, well haste is now a 30s cd with 6s quickness so why don't they do the same with burst of agility? it's a passive trait that only procs when you hit from behind and it's already annoying when it randomly procs and you need to wait another 60s.

In 6 seconds with quickness running I can down a whole lot of peoeple with one chain of weapon attacks. d/p 6 seconds quickness can wreck people. Try it on staff with vault and the weapon AA. It is a significant boost to burst damage. By the way you do not have to attack from behind. You can attack from the sides as well and it will kick in.

To BT being much better. It depends on the build and other sources of boon theft you might have. As example if in dual pistols or in Rifle I would much prefer RFI as those are INI hogs. RFI with Trickster gets you even more INI. if you take HASTE you now have two tricks on lower cooldown. Why would I take BT in such a build? Put on Withdraw and now i have a lower ICD on my heal and each of those cleanses an extra condition and added to that my BOA is on a lower Cooldown. Obviously if I am going to trait only one trick I would want BT but if you have 2 or three trickster well worth it. You do not take staff mastery if you do not take staff and you do not take trickster if you take no tricks.

When using BOA (which is called lesser haste because it HAS that longer cooldown) I just try and ensure my first attack from the flank or side. I will get the quickness. After that if it kicks in it kicks in. I am not too worried about it as that initital burst often gives time for a down.

Implications of lowering BOA cooldown to the same as that of Haste? On a 24 second cycle you can easily have 12 seconds quickness . With the ability to get other sources and or extend boon duration that just too much. Now they can certainly lower the ICD to half of what it is and then give a shorter duration but I already alluded to that. It would be worse IMO for thief as you would rarely get those full seconds use out of it. I prefer 6 seconds every 60 over 3 seconds every 30 as when an opponent in trouble he will have ways to stave off 3 seconds of faster incoming damage whereas were it 6 seconds of the same he will run out of opions a lot quicker. if some warrior blocks me with shield for three seconds my quickness does nothing at 3 and If i have to wait for the next iteration of quickness his block will be ready again as well.

idk i'd rather have 3s quickness on 30s but yea some people may not like it.

I still feel this trait is kind of useless and even with good fury uptime most of the time it goes to waste because you can't control it and 30s cd is much easier to remember than 60s cd.

Don't cut the cd to 30s like haste but at least between 40-48 , 60s is too much imo.

@Karma Crimzin.5079 said:With the trickster trait it drops down to 48 seconds. I use it all the time in PvP along side haste. At first I was running around testing it out and found ive been having some pretty good success with it, but some people don't like the trait to each their own.

The problem with trickster is that you have to give up bountiful theft which is almost mandatory in pvp, without it you can't interrupt resses you can't bypass aegis and you don't get vigor all of that for a bit shorter cd and 1 condi cleanse.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Karma Crimzin.5079 said:With the trickster trait it drops down to 48 seconds. I use it all the time in PvP along side haste. At first I was running around testing it out and found ive been having some pretty good success with it, but some people don't like the trait to each their own.

The problem with trickster is that you have to give up bountiful theft which is almost mandatory in pvp, without it you can't interrupt resses you can't bypass aegis and you don't get vigor all of that for a bit shorter cd and 1 condi cleanse.

This depends on your build. Again just because everyone in PvP plays the same builds, it hardly means a given skill does not have value. SOH , Headshot, S/x builds, Rending shade builds , all have alternate ways of stealing boons. That these may not be popular in PvP does not justify adding to traits just to make said trait suit a given build template. That is a recipe for less diversity , not more.

S/d as example has no interrupts inherent in the set. It not going to be all that good at interrupting rezzes in any case. This does not mean that interrupts must then be added. By the same token an s/d set might very well be in Acro which has plenty of vigor. Staff is another build that is not looking to interrupt a foe on demand. It might well in in acro as well for all of that vigor added on top of what DD offers in the way of dodges. It would not necessarily need more vigor so if it takes BT only does so for that steal every 21 seconds.

There any number of traits that are not used in the meta for given builds in pvp. This does not mean the traits are bad. It just means the narrower focus of PvP precludes using said traits to the same degree.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@"Karma Crimzin.5079" said:With the trickster trait it drops down to 48 seconds. I use it all the time in PvP along side haste. At first I was running around testing it out and found ive been having some pretty good success with it, but some people don't like the trait to each their own.

This depends on your build. Again just because everyone in PvP plays the same builds, it hardly means a given skill does not have value. SOH , Headshot, S/x builds, Rending shade builds , all have alternate ways of stealing boons. That these may not be popular in PvP does not justify adding to traits just to make said trait suit a given build template. That is a recipe for less diversity , not more.

S/d as example has no interrupts inherent in the set. It not going to be all that good at interrupting rezzes in any case. This does not mean that interrupts must then be added. By the same token an s/d set might very well be in Acro which has plenty of vigor. Staff is another build that is not looking to interrupt a foe on demand. It might well in in acro as well for all of that vigor added on top of what DD offers in the way of dodges. It would not necessarily need more vigor so if it takes BT only does so for that steal every 21 seconds.

There any number of traits that are not used in the meta for given builds in pvp. This does not mean the traits are bad. It just means the narrower focus of PvP precludes using said traits to the same degree.

This has nothing to be with weapon sets, if you don't trait with bointiful thief you lose the ability to stop rezzes in a clutch teamfight or when somone in your team is getting stomping.

Everybody plays the same build in PVP because it works, because it's meta. Something that in WvW where you play doesn't even matter with the amount of stuff you can mix in your stats/weapons/runes.

I've never said any of these traits are bad, it's just they are inferior and they don't provide enough value in comparison to "meta" traits, bountiful theft is much better than trickster in almost every situation, not only for stomps it is also good for taking resistance from Spellbreakers, fury from Thieves, aegis/stab from guardians and so on..And burst of agility is like a much worse haste that can proc in the middle of the teamfight because the cd is so long that you will lose the track of it.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@"Karma Crimzin.5079" said:With the trickster trait it drops down to 48 seconds. I use it all the time in PvP along side haste. At first I was running around testing it out and found ive been having some pretty good success with it, but some people don't like the trait to each their own.

This has nothing to be with weapon sets, if you don't trait with bointiful thief you lose the ability to stop rezzes in a clutch teamfight or when somone in your team is getting stomping.

Everybody plays the same build in PVP because it works, because it's meta. Something that in WvW where you play doesn't even matter with the amount of stuff you can mix in your stats/weapons/runes.

I've never said any of these traits are bad, it's just they are inferior and they don't provide enough value in comparison to "meta" traits, bountiful theft is much better than trickster in almost every situation, not only for stomps it is also good for taking resistance from Spellbreakers, fury from Thieves, aegis/stab from guardians and so on..And burst of agility is like a much worse haste that can proc in the middle of the teamfight because the cd is so long that you will lose the track of it.

Builds still matter in WvW. I'm using rifle with no trickery right now, I'm having fun, but it's nearly a measurable strain not having Bountiful Theft and Slight of Hand to go with it. I've always built for playing interception for party and squad and that combo is fast, reliable, powerful, and at nice range. It's an instant game changer where something like Infiltrator's Strike and Shadow Gust takes some work, has some inertia to it, and isn't reliable. I keep trying to think of something to fill that void where I can keep mostly my current build and it's just not happening. I'd rather have the rifle stealth skill be a really fast bean bag or something with a stun or knock back or something.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

The meta does not Like QP , that hardly means that QP needs to change so that handful of meta builds can use it.

The reason there are DIFFERENCES is so that differnt builds can be modeled and used. The Trickster trait works very well in a variety of builds. If it not to your liking you free not to take it but that does not suggest that if you do not take it, other traits should be reworked around your particular build. That is just bad game design.

There ARE people taking trickster. In so doing they are more likely to take BOA. It is one of the benefits to taking trickster. This benefit should not be given to those who do not take trickster gratis.

Your point that the trait of no great benefit to the META builds is the very reason I am against making them easier to take in the META build. We need more variety and less meta.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@babazhook.6805 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

The meta does not Like QP , that hardly means that QP needs to change so that handful of meta builds can use it.

The reason there are DIFFERENCES is so that differnt builds can be modeled and used. The Trickster trait works very well in a variety of builds. If it not to your liking you free not to take it but that does not suggest that if you do not take it, other traits should be reworked around your particular build. That is just bad game design.

There ARE people taking trickster. In so doing they are more likely to take BOA. It is one of the benefits to taking trickster. This benefit should not be given to those who do not take trickster gratis.

Your point that the trait of no great benefit to the META builds is the very reason I am against making them easier to take in the META build. We need more variety and less meta.

ok xd

Archived