Clock Tower delays

Zamora.1843

Sorry but don't see that working better at all. It would bog down the server load and end up just making things slower. While I think the timer in the lobby room could be sped up a bit I honestly don't see it as an issue. Since you know going in, have some music or something to listen to. Tab to something to read or do while waiting, maybe chat with people. I can understand just wanting to get right in there, but an extra minute at the worst of times really isn't bad.

It's likely done the way it is because of better peformance. If you have 8 times fewer instances, then there'll be less lag. If you think that puzzle would be more fun with more lag, I'm not sure what to say. Would what you're suggesting be ideal? Sure. Would it be feasible? Likely not.

It probably is feasible - Anet just has to toss some money to amazon for more servers. Now from a financial standpoint, it probably doesn't make a lot of sense for Anet to do that.If I fail early in the clocktower (or get dumped in an instance that just started), I exit, and enter again. I figure it probably can't be any worse. Constantly hopping maps probably isn't get for the servers either.My biggest annoyance is getting dumped in an instance with less than 2 minutes, as the run won't start if there is less than 1m30s on it. So you hop in with 2 minutes less and people running, they don't finish/complete until until 1m20s less, than you wait that additional 1m20s plus another 20-30 seconds for it to show the scores, start a new instance, and then start the run. Lots of wasted time there.

@Zamora.1843 said:Why is the clock tower jumping puzzle multi player? It does not make sense, only adds to the delay. Hurry up and wait is no fun at all. Single player instance would be better/faster.If you agree, why not give me a thumbs up..!

Do you have any idea how much server-sided processing power would be required to create an instance for each single player? The tower has many animation calculations going on, it would be insane.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Zamora.1843 said:Why is the clock tower jumping puzzle multi player? It does not make sense, only adds to the delay. Hurry up and wait is no fun at all. Single player instance would be better/faster.If you agree, why not give me a thumbs up..!

Do you have any idea how much server-sided processing power would be required to create an instance for each single player?

Not as much as you think.

Few random bits:

1) OP feels like a Thumbs Up farming instead of a discussion topic2) The current system is copied from a PvP system with a max of 5 players. I am sure that ANet CAN design a 1 player PvP instance, but I am not sure they care to.3) The extra processing load on the servers might not be much, but between that and enormous number of labyrinth instances, I am not sure they want to see how bad it'll get.4) The delay timer is based on how well the best player in the instance plays. You can (and I admit to being guilty in this) leave and reenter instances until you find one that has players that are bad at jumping (bonus if they are worse than you!) and be the limiting factor yourself.5) While I am not against the proposal, I am not sure its a high priority item, especially considering how few changes have been made to the festival instances in the last 5 years.

Archived