Every skill AOE?

@NotASmurf.1725 said:Just another case of Anet going overboard with the PvE design. In GW1 most classes had bad cleave so they became bad in PvE. With the much more limited number of skills in GW2 anet made sure everything is AoE.

I have to agree with you. Remember this game's balance and orientation is PvE all the way. PvP and WvW are not even side attractions at this point in time. They are modes just there because ANet made those two modes at release.

But this is no reason to be mad in my eyes. Afterall it's just a PvE title, with player versus player interactions as a afterthought if not less.

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@NotASmurf.1725 said:Just another case of Anet going overboard with the PvE design. In GW1 most classes had bad cleave so they became bad in PvE. With the much more limited number of skills in GW2 anet made sure everything is AoE.

I have to agree with you. Remember this game's balance and orientation is PvE all the way. PvP and WvW are not even side attractions at this point in time. They are modes just there because ANet made those two modes at release.

But this is no reason to be mad in my eyes. Afterall it's just a PvE title, with player versus player interactions as a afterthought if not less.

You must be new, the game was designed around PvP, there was a video by Sacrx (a WvW player) who was on the testing program the gist of it was when it came to class/skills/mechanics it was all about what Teldo & Co thought (players in PvP teams) and WvW/PvE testers were largely ignored in that regard, then once the game launched the devs did a Twitch livestream every time there was a balance patch (which back then was far more often) and each time 90-100% of changes would be in relation to PvP, then for 3 years they balanced virtually entirely around PvP, it was only when they decided to add raids that PvE started getting meaningful balance consideration (WvW has largely been ignored for 5 years).

@NotASmurf.1725 said:With the much more limited number of skills in GW2 anet made sure everything is AoE.

This is a myth that has been going on usually by GW1 veterans. At this point in time GW1 has 1319 skills total, while GW2 has 1346 so basically after Path of Fire GW2 surpassed GW1 in the number of skills. So the ages old argument of the developers "we have less skills in GW2 than GW1 so it's easier to balance" is no longer valid.And it's going to get worse and worse as new elite specs are introduced in future expansions

Archived