Dodging Holosmith Build

InsaneQR.7412

I experimented quite a bit with the holo dodge trait and organized group content.

The dodge build that worked best for that content( from my experience) was a condi holo dodge build.

Obviously it came with a huge drawback - having to dodge very frequently.This to the point where you absolutely need vigor in order to keep a competitive dps rotation up (or you overheat...).

An additional drawback, is that - even with vigor you are constantly at your low end of endurance - and probably wont have enough to dodge some unforeseen deathly attacks.

That being said, i found it viable for pugging fractal CMs, as you get the 50% increased endurance regeneration from the fractal mobility potion, and - in most of the cases - additional vigor from a druid.

Outside of fractals however i do not recommend it, since in many situations, it just feels more like a handicapped core condiengi.

Edit: I just replaced the tools line from the meta condiengi through holo 3-1-1, same gear

Edit2:Somehow my page did not refresh and i did not see your response when i wrote this post.Just ignore it, since it does not apply to your area^^

Mines require the enemy to step on it, Holosmith dodge trait has a pretty short range too. You could punish some careless melees with it, but it would be easy to avoid the pressure. Also, you'll have a hard time achieving some sort of "perma dodging" on engi. You'll eventually run out of endurance without killing your enemy first. Better focus on something else and see the dodge procs as some extra damage.

If you really want to do most of your damage while and by dodging I'd go for something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAselUUhSuYfXw+KQ7FLDG2XAI98e6/hDxjY4BIdEYA-j1hHABMp87N9AAcCA4Z/BFV/JgHAAdKBJFQV60A-w (just put in cele because I don't know which stat combo would be the best)

Dont worry about the viability. I mainly asked for curiosity. It wasnt my intend to use it anyway.Atm i am using power holosmith with the 80 boost gear.I did not have an engineer until PoF came out. So i basically have no clue about the class even if i play GW2 since launch.I thought about a grieving Hybrid Holosmith for OpenWorld and dungeons thats about it.Thx for your answers. Cheers.

Archived