Suggestion: New event map - share your idea's !

Halbarz.3854

With Dragon stand being a success in and active it is clear that we could use another one of these :)With this I had the follow suggestion:

• a Pve Siege map
  • A city is under attack the market square, town hall and harbor have to be protected to get max reward.
  • The city has walls and 3 gates. During the preparation phase (10 min) siege can be build on the walls to hold off the enemy.
  • barricades can be build to around the 3 capture points.

Each gate will get attacked at the same time with champion mobs and etc. Once breached the legendary mob joins to fight pushing with the other mobs towards 1 of the 3 points.Holding the point + defeating the legendary brings then one big last lord to defeat by all 3 groups of players.

I think it could be a fun event and be something that could fit somewhere in the story.I kinda picture it to be amazing.

What do you folks think and what kind of big meta event maps would you like to see in the future?

@Cronospere.8143 said:Something like you described i like.. but since i has to come out with an expansion. i dont see it happen in the next few years

Aye, I do think it should be expansion based. At the moment I do not think it fits within the story line very well.Maybe when we start going up north again it might work.While these kind of events might not be everyone's cup of tea I think it is easier to access then dragon stand as many people need someone to tell them what to do. While in this scenario it's easier to just tag up (mentor or tag) and spread out as it is pretty much a defensive battle, that is easier to understand.I think that dragon stand is still for many people a mystery on how it exactly works. (running around part especially) :p

As a small extra to my suggestion:

• After the event is completed several mini events pop up to go outside the walls and clean up the siege camps from the enmy.
  • To put down the fires in the city
  • Save some people in burning houses
  • kill some of the remaining lieutenants that are left on the map trying to flee. ( 3 champions ) --> all 3 killed = extra event chest.

Doing the event gives currency that can be spend on buying ascended gear, and etc (the usual) Maybe a cool mount :P

To round up, I have seen plenty of people discuss this in guild chat and in open world chat.So everyone will have their vision of such event. I hope that ArenaNet will introduce such event again as Gw2 can only get more awesome with it.Of course not all the content is for everyone, we all have stuff in the game that we enjoy less but that is why there are options in the game. I hope Anet will keep adding to those options as this makes the game a joy to login every day. I don't have to to do the same thing over and over I can always visit another zone, event, or world boss :)

Other games give you the same 10 daily quest, in the same zone.

Best regards,Halbarz

I hate DS. As a map it's cool and all but the design of events, as most of HOT maps is flawed. These maps work on a constant schedule that's affects the whole area. It feels artificial. While they provide great loot and the events are interesting the way it's all connected is in my opinion horrible. Why? After each meta ends most of those maps end up deserted. Each time I see a window pop up to switch my current map for more populated one I feel somehow cheated. Meta events should take place in certain areas of maps and their completion should not affect the rest of the content.

PoF maps need only to be rebalanced and have rewards increased to be worth wile.

Archived