LFG during Halloween: a bloody mess (pun intended)

Please fix this mess before Wintersday begins. This is intolerable!

Joining is laggy (often it doesn't work, and then you get a cooldown for "having joined too many groups", even when you have not), and more annoyingly, all groups in the list are on already full maps, even when the group description states 4/50.

Every time I just want to join a quick run through the Labyrinth, I am forced to create a new squad by myself, because getting into an existing one is 99.99% impossible. :angry:

@Ashantara.8731 said:Please fix this mess before Wintersday begins. This is intolerable!

Joining is laggy (often it doesn't work, and then you get a cooldown for "having joined too many groups", even when you have not), and more annoyingly, all groups in the list are on already full maps, even when the group description states 4/50.

Every time I just want to join a quick run through the Labyrinth, I am forced to create a new squad by myself, because getting into an existing one is 99.99% impossible. :angry:

Yeah I had the too many groups nonsense popped up for me so many time. It's annoying as it's not my fault that so many of these maps are full.Sometimes makes me wish I was rich so I had 300 gold to waste and didn't loathe WvW so much to just get the commander tags myself.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Please fix this mess before Wintersday begins. This is intolerable!

Just assume any squad over 25 people is on a full map. Unfortunately often the next ones that look any good below that are just 5 people or so which means you may as well start a new one.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Yeah I had the too many groups nonsense popped up for me so many time. It's annoying as it's not my fault that so many of these maps are full.Sometimes makes me wish I was rich so I had 300 gold to waste and didn't loathe WvW so much to just get the commander tags myself.

In case you ever find yourself with extra 300 gold, there's literally nothing you have to do in WvW to obtain the tag. Just pop into EotM or any borderland spawn, get it from the merchant, and pop out.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

In case you ever find yourself with extra 300 gold, there's literally nothing you have to do in WvW to obtain the tag. Just pop into EotM or any borderland spawn, get it from the merchant, and pop out.

You need that Badge of Honour crap which is WvW stuff.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Just assume any squad over 25 people is on a full map. Unfortunately often the next ones that look any good below that are just 5 people or so which means you may as well start a new one.

Did you even read my whole post? I clearly stated that even the ones that show 4 out of 50 possible people are on full maps on European servers (guess some kids find it amusing to create additional squads on already full maps).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Did you even read my whole post? I clearly stated that
even the ones that show 4 out of 50 possible people are on full maps
on European servers (guess some kids find it amusing to create additional squads on already full maps).

Sorry, I meant it as a rule of thumb that I use. If there are 25+ it is a lock it will be full. Only a few and it is probably a new listing .... a lot of people may or may not be running next to the squad but have not joined it yet. What we need is for LFG is to tell us how full a map is as the squad size is not very useful in many cases.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Ohh, my bad, didn't remember it requires those too.

Well, if you truly hate WvW but want the tag, it doesn't take long to get 250 by doing the Veteran Creature daily whenever it's up. There's always one relatively close to every spawn, and can be done 99% of the time without running into an enemy player. There's usually a bunch of allies waiting on the spawns too.

And as far as I remember, achievement point chests reward you 100 badges every time you get one, so you most likely have the badges already, unless this has changed at some point.

@Menadena.7482 said:What we need is for LFG is to tell us how full a map is as the squad size is not very useful in many cases.

Indeed. But the fact that -- when there are too many squads at once -- the LFG tool often bugs out, is something that needs to be addressed as well. Like I said, in its current state, it's a mess and it takes away the fun of this Halloween event.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Ohh, my bad, didn't remember it requires those too.

Well, if you truly hate WvW but want the tag, it doesn't take long to get 250 by doing the Veteran Creature daily whenever it's up. There's always one relatively close to every spawn, and can be done 99% of the time without running into an enemy player. There's usually a bunch of allies waiting on the spawns too.

And as far as I remember, achievement point chests reward you 100 badges every time you get one, so you most likely have the badges already, unless this has changed at some point.

From the very little I've touched WvW, the only dailies I've ever seen possible were the veteran guards, taking a point/base, taking a keep/ruin, or killing a Dolyak.I have never seen a Veteran Creature in there.

I've never had the message saying I joined too many groups and have to wait, even though I've tried joining several squads for the Mad King's Labyrinth.

It does get annoying constantly getting an error code saying the instance is full when trying to join the squad in their instance.

What I've found to work best is to scroll down the list in LFG and join a squad near the bottom that has a smaller group. It doesn't take long for more people to join and get a full group going. It does seem as though squads in instances that are at fuller capacity are at the top of the list in LFG usually. Personally I look for a squad with a commander that's advertising all doors and bosses ('cause I enjoy killing stuff).

From the very little I've touched WvW, the only dailies I've ever seen possible were the veteran guards, taking a point/base, taking a keep/ruin, or killing a Dolyak.I have never seen a Veteran Creature in there.

I often do that WvW daily as it quick and easy. The Wurm near Bay is my goto Vet. Not sure of the exact frequency, but I'd say it crops up about once a week.

The major problem is the limited space in lab and some people aren’t always within the commanders group.

They could have less group numbers listed at the top however that could hurt non Halloween events.

While having it auto remove lfg when full could help it can hurt people who want to try to taxi into a map maybe due to a key guild running it.

I don't think full maps should be removed from LFG automatically. Some people may actually just want to group up and wait for a spot to open, and in some cases there may even be cases where groups want multiple people in multiple different maps and not to be all in the same one.

I do think there should be some sort of indicator that the map is full in LFG, though. It'd be way nicer to just see an icon lit up if the map is full than have to join the squad, try to join, get told its full, and have to leave, find another group, rinse and repeat.

@Menadena.7482 said:Gak ..... second time I could not edit on this forum.

Deactivate signatures to be displayed for the time being (in your forum settings). The signature layer seems to overlap the text body, hence you cannot edit posts.

@Electro.4173 said:I don't think full maps should be removed from LFG automatically. Some people may actually just want to group up and wait for a spot to open, and in some cases there may even be cases where groups want multiple people in multiple different maps and not to be all in the same one.

I do think there should be some sort of indicator that the map is full in LFG, though. It'd be way nicer to just see an icon lit up if the map is full than have to join the squad, try to join, get told its full, and have to leave, find another group, rinse and repeat.

Yes, that would be sufficient.

Archived