I love my Necromancer but....

DarkKitty.1742

Hi there, I really do love my Norn Necromancer but I cannot stand the line "Go Fodder Go!" when she summons a minion. Minions are not fodder they are my allies in battle, so please please please Get Rid Of That Line!!!!Also I would love to make a charr character but I do not like the way they run, why can't our characters run on two legs like some of the NPC characters around!At least make It an option so people can choose!

Thanks

DarkKitty x

@DarkKitty.1742 said:Hi there, I really do love my Norn Necromancer but I cannot stand the line "Go Fodder Go!" when she summons a minion. Minions are not fodder they are my allies in battle, so please please please Get Rid Of That Line!!!!Also I would love to make a charr character but I do not like the way they run, why can't our characters run on two legs like some of the NPC characters around!At least make It an option so people can choose!

Thanks

DarkKitty x

Seeing how Norns care on how their pets are treated or act or hurt as a Ranger, and then from what you said on Necro... they technically see the Minions as just "well I can make a new one anyway". As it's not something the Norn is attached to.

As for Charr, they do run on 2 feet when they have their weapon out. The thing is they're faster when they run on all 4s. Why would they limit their speed and mobility for the sake of "acting humanoid"?While yes in game mechanics they don't run faster, the idea is they do lore-wise.

Necromancers aren't typically portrayed as warm and caring people. Even living things are treated as trivial to necromancers in almost every story that involves one. It makes sense that GW2 would continue that trend. Its part of the appeal of necromancy for a lot of people. The most sympathy you'll hear from them in this game is the human line "No! I hand raised that minion! " when one dies. And thats not an indication that the caster was sad for their minion, but that someone had the audacity to ruin the necromancer's hard work.

@Halan.8951 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MinionShould have made a sylvari.

@Squee.7829 said:Necromancers aren't typically portrayed as warm and caring people. Even living things are treated as trivial to necromancers in almost every story that involves one.Trahearne. He was the hero we needed.

The hero we needed out of the game as fast as possible.

@Halan.8951 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/MinionShould have made a sylvari.

@Squee.7829 said:Necromancers aren't typically portrayed as warm and caring people. Even living things are treated as trivial to necromancers in almost every story that involves one.Trahearne. He was the hero we needed.

Wait what? Trahearne was a necromancer?

Sylvari in general are the exception to the cold nihilistic necromancer stereotype. Because they're a new species not even old enough to experience death from natural causes (the first born Sylvari are around their late 20's or early 30's now I think). So they're very naive and utterly fascinated with the concept of life and death. Pretty much the opposite of the necromancer stereotype who is usually very cynical and depressing.

Plus, that wiki link someone posted above shows the Sylvari dialogue, and it seemed much nicer than everyone else's

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:
Should have made a sylvari.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:

Not just that he was the first Reaper since Calagbolg was a 2 H Sword.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Wait what? Trahearne was a necromancer?

Yup. He even raises a small army of flesh golems for us in one personal story instance.

I totally don't remember that. I don't remember him foing much of fighting in the story tbh. I'll have to replay it sometime on some of my alts.> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:

Traherne was OP before anyone else could be anywhere near his level. :tongue:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:Wait what? Trahearne was a necromancer?

Yup. He even raises a small army of flesh golems for us in one personal story instance.

I totally don't remember that. I don't remember him foing much of fighting in the story tbh. I'll have to replay it sometime on some of my alts.> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Halan.8951 said:

Traherne was OP before anyone else could be anywhere near his level. :tongue:

He Died why trying to raid Mordremoth as a necro.....

oh the Irony.......

• 2 weeks later...

Archived