Deadeye damage should be nerfed

Vaeo.4097

Screenshot of damage screenshotIt was result of trying to push deadeye during teamfight on mid on Temple of the Silent Storm. I played S/D weaver. I didn't even reach his position. Took 31K damage in 7 seconds.Second time I reached his position but he just shadowstep away. Only our thief was able to push him back (not kill, only push).

I provide here one example but it's common sense playing against good deadeye with different classes. Some of them rather powerfull against deadeye (mirage and D/P thief). But still can't kill good deadeye. He just retreats and continues his attacks 10 sec later. And you can't ignore that deadeye somewhere near your position while fighting his allies because of insane burst damage even without Death Judgement.

It's common opinion on this forum that Deadeye is not viable. It's clearly false. Yes he can't decap points as D/P thief. But as teamfight DPS he's extreamly deadly with decent survivability. 31K damage in 7 seconds is insane.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ArcanistSeven.8720 said:lol you let a dead eye auto you thats on you they have some of the slowest AA's in the game other classes can more damage in 7 seconds and dead eyes are easy to kill

The only other class that can do 31K damage in 7 seconds is burn guardian. Of course if he lands all he's burst and it isn't cleansed. Landing burst for Deadeye is much easier.

@Abelisk.4527 said:Tell me this:

How effective is a Rifle Deadeye in teamfights? It isn't.

How effective is a Rifle Deadeye in terms of rotating? It's slow.

How long does it take for them to wind up their attacks? Long.

They suffer from Gazelle syndrome: high burst but weak literally everywhere else

Ok, I tell you.

Rotating. Good enough due to Infiltrators Arrow. Guardian doesn't have +25% speed and still rotates somehow. Don't compare it's rotation with daredevil. Compare it with other DPS classes.

How long does it take for them to wind up their attacks? 10 sec to build malice stacks (if autoattacking, and why not autoattacking?) and then 25-30K burst to kill one enemy.

How effective is a Rifle Deadeye in teamfights? Very effective. Their team should survive 10-15sec 3v4 (easy for normal team) and then one enemy instantly killed. And between bursts -- autoattack hitting for 3K on crit (and crits at least 2 shots of 3).

Moreover. Let's assume that all flaws you've written exists. Do you think it's correct to give deadeye insane damage instead of addressing this flaws?

@Vaeo.4097 said:

@ArcanistSeven.8720 said:lol you let a dead eye auto you thats on you they have some of the slowest AA's in the game other classes can more damage in 7 seconds and dead eyes are easy to kill

The only other class that can do 31K damage in 7 seconds is burn guardian. Of course if he lands all he's burst and it isn't cleansed. Landing burst for Deadeye is much easier.

They suffer from Gazelle syndrome: high burst but weak literally everywhere else

Ok, I tell you.

Rotating. Good enough due to Infiltrators Arrow. Guardian doesn't have +25% speed and still rotates somehow.
Don't compare it's rotation with daredevil.
Compare it with other DPS classes.

How long does it take for them to wind up their attacks? 10 sec to build malice stacks (if autoattacking, and why not autoattacking?) and then 25-30K burst to kill one enemy.

How effective is a Rifle Deadeye in teamfights? Very effective. Their team should survive 10-15sec 3v4 (easy for normal team) and then one enemy instantly killed. And between bursts -- autoattack hitting for 3K on crit (and crits at least 2 shots of 3).

Moreover. Let's assume that all flaws you've written exists. Do you think it's correct to give deadeye insane damage instead of addressing this flaws?

Have you played deadeye? It sounds like you haven't honestly

Not to mention there are tons of classes that can do "33k damage in 7 seconds." My friend got bursted by a power mes the other day for 22+k in 1 second....soooooo

@Vaeo.4097 said:Screenshot of damage screenshotIt was result of trying to push deadeye during teamfight on mid on Temple of the Silent Storm. I played S/D weaver. I didn't even reach his position. Took 31K damage in 7 seconds.Second time I reached his position but he just shadowstep away. Only our thief was able to push him back (not kill, only push).

I provide here one example but it's common sense playing against good deadeye with different classes. Some of them rather powerfull against deadeye (mirage and D/P thief). But still can't kill good deadeye. He just retreats and continues his attacks 10 sec later. And you can't ignore that deadeye somewhere near your position while fighting his allies because of insane burst damage even without Death Judgement.

It's common opinion on this forum that Deadeye is not viable. It's clearly false. Yes he can't decap points as D/P thief. But as teamfight DPS he's extreamly deadly with decent survivability. 31K damage in 7 seconds is insane.

thanks for the good laugh xD

@Vaeo.4097 said:Screenshot of damage screenshotIt was result of trying to push deadeye during teamfight on mid on Temple of the Silent Storm. I played S/D weaver. I didn't even reach his position. Took 31K damage in 7 seconds.Second time I reached his position but he just shadowstep away. Only our thief was able to push him back (not kill, only push).

You think deadeye is bad? have you fought a good burst backstab thief?

hahaha almost wasnt able to read it to end xDyou are badI tried rifle DE on pvp and can trylku say rifle DE brings nothing much usefull to team except some help with killing on mid which also is same or better nromal thief also DE od daredevil but with unload spam or d/p, thay are more effective in fast kills because rifle need to to get burst and they are more mobile than rifle to cap/decap points

also what I was with rifle DE in group I as the only thief then everyone thought I will mostly go to cap/decap points like just close and far and do you know why? we was losing mostly matches because everyone had hope I will go to those point but had worse mobility than for example just sepllbtreaker in group which was mainly on mid with rest when enemies was decaping points xD

and same I hade viceversa in enemy teams...when they only thief is with rifle they had really problem to send someone on decap points which is mostly thief role because of mobility which rifle DE is losing it

This is actually the problem. It is nearly useless, but sometimes you get hit by atks dealing 50-60% of your HP. It is the epitome of lack of balance.

It will be much better if it deals much more consistent damage with less spikes. Right now it is nothing more than a troll elite.

The survivabilty is not decent. Your thief, who hopefully is not one tricky pony like theres, should kill them or someone with ports and mobility and good defensive cooldowns. They can definitely get a lot of sandbag kills against lower skilled players but against betters players it shouldn't happen often and they should be getting killed over and over again.

@Chaith.8256 said:Deadeye is in unfortunate need of a re-work, one that I doubt will ever happen. Like many things, it's too binary (surprise! dead enemy, or surprise! dead me), and lacking any kind of nuance or fun factor in the combat.

Agree. In some other thread I wrote:Sniper play style just don't fit into GW2 PvP model. Deadeye will always be about damage: overpowered if damage is high or useless if damage is low.

We can take a look at the values if you want

Mug:1.5 (can't crit)Spotters Shot: 0.8Deadly Aim: 0.8Three Round Burst: 1.65

So 1.5(mug)+3×0.8(deadly aim)+2×0.8(Spotters Shot)+2×1.65(three round burst) = 8.8 total over 7 seconds; 1.26 mult/sec

Let's have a look at Dagger auto attack.

Double Strike: 0.8Wild Strike: 0.85Lotus Strike: 1.1Chain time:1.68s1.64mult/sec

So if 8.8 killed you, which is really 7.3 since the mug value would be exactly the same

7.3mult/1.64mult/sec=4.5seconds

A D/X thief would have killed you in 4.5 seconds with less than 3 auto attack chains.

I guess it could be argued that Dagger carries risk that Rifle doesn't. Let's look at pistol auto.

Vital Shot: 0.575Shot to shot time: 0.680.85 mult/sec

7.3/0.85=8.6 seconds.

Pistol auto attacks would have killed you in less than 9 seconds. So assuming that it was exactly 7 seconds, that's a difference of 1.6 seconds, or 2.35 more auto attacks. If they had burst of agility traited, they could have had all the attacks covered by quickness and you would have died in 5.73 seconds.

So the Deaedeye line gives 15-21% damage with malice that takes about 8 seconds to reach full value if they have revealed malice. We know that this build has Deadly Arts and Deadeye, leaving the other line either Trickery (likely) or Critical Strikes (not likely, but possible). Assuming they took trickery, they missed out on No Quarter, which would be roughly 12.5% more damage (250 ferocity = +16.67% crit damage @ 75% crit chance). If they took Critical Strikes, they missed out on the (up to) 15% damage buff from Lead Attacks.

So essentially, Deadeye could be replaced by whichever line this thief didn't pick and have roughly the same damage output.

To sum this up factoring in the damage multipliers, a core thief using DA/CS/TR would have killed you faster by simply auto attacking with pistols and the trait Burst of Agility. Or if you think burst of agility is unfair to use for this analysis, a core thief would have killed you in 2/3rds the time using mug and dagger auto attack.

@Amityel.5324 said:this dmg is nothing I got 2 shotted yesterday 2 hits in spvp for 19.5k :) this is plain braindead class its so useless vs some composition and it is sometimes OP when your team is full of baddies who dunno they have to LOS block or run from open field

I can tell you what is trully braindead, immune to everything spellbreaker in 90% of his fights and scourges spamming thir big aoe thanks to ammunition system instead of normal single skill use and cooldown while DE need to plan where to stay safe to gain his malice and take right target which will be the best and able to take down to help more his team while he is losing his main work on pvp > mobility with cap/decap etc being the squishest possible build in this game

Archived