So what's this cool spear backpack everyone is rocking?

Ever since PoF release I've seen probably 1 out of 10 characters wearing a spear-looking backpiece and I'm wondering what that is. Google didn't help, and I've whispered about 10 people asking about it, but apparently they were AFK because I never got a response.

I've seen plenty with a plain spear model, and some with a red glow. And I assume it's a backpiece, since some characters have a 2-handed weapon hanging on their backs with the spear. Maybe a collection/achievement reward? In any case, I want one!

I'd post a screenshot, but I'm not currently on my personal computer. Any insight will be appreciated.

@HardRider.2980 said:This ? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

It's the WvW Legendary Backpiece

Nope, the one I'm talking about is just a simple, long basic spear. Like the plain underwater spear weapon. The other model I've seen is the same, but has a faint red glow around it.

@Galmac.4680 said:Have you completed the story? Maybe it's one of the objects you will earn there!?Or maybe that's the guild backpiece with a guild logo on it (see the merchants in your guild hall)?

Yeah, I completed the story, but didn't unlock the skin. I chose independence for Amnoon though, but as far as I understand, that choice only effects what banner backpiece you receive. It's also not the guild skin.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:Ever since PoF release I've seen probably 1 out of 10 characters wearing a spear-looking backpiece and I'm wondering what that is. Google didn't help, and I've whispered about 10 people asking about it, but apparently they were AFK because I never got a response.

I've seen plenty with a plain spear model, and some with a red glow. And I assume it's a backpiece, since some characters have a 2-handed weapon hanging on their backs with the spear. Maybe a collection/achievement reward? In any case, I want one!

I'd post a screenshot, but I'm not currently on my personal computer. Any insight will be appreciated.

That happens to my own character sometimes - it's like my underwater weapon (a spear) shows alongside my normal weapon when I'm on land. Swapping weapons makes it go away. I haven't figured out what triggers it, though. It never happens when I've just been underwater or anything like that.

I've seen this as well a lot during Mad King Says in Lion's Arch. A player with a basic underwater spear stowed on their back (angled toward the left shoulder) at the same time as a greatsword stowed on their back (angled toward the right shoulder). Essentially they have 2 large weapons on their back in the shape of a giant X.

Most likely, as other have suggested, some kind of weird bug or glitch.

I think its' most common I see a spear with the Haunted Greatsword from the new Halloween weapons.

It is, indeed, a graphical bug. The two spears you're seeing are the Iron Spear (starter stuff b/c most people never bother with their uw gear) and Impaler (one of the most popular spear skins in the game; it also has berserker stats base). You can get Impaler from the tp for just over a gold. GL.

Saw it again, just a few minutes ago, during Mad King Says. A charr player had some kind of bow on his back at the same time as this basic underwater spear. The player even got on his springer mount and had both weapons on his back. But it seemed to fix itself after the player dismounted and had his bow drawn.

I'm not saying it was aliens but...........it was aliens.

Archived