should we expect a bunker fb nerf?

Kuya.6495

So for those who don't know, bunker fb is being used as a meta support over bunker ele at the pro level and the non pro level in spvp. There have been a few threads in the pvp forum about nerfing bunker fb.

Now I'm not asking you guys whether you think fb should be nerfed. What I'm asking is whether you think fb will be nerfed regardless of whether it's deserved or not and what would you nerf on bunker fb that wouldn't put it out of meta immediately. IE: what sustain tool do you think you can live without in pvp without being able to support your teammates effectively?

I'd probably nerf ToC and ToR by making the skills smaller aoe, ground target skills with 600-900 range. Skills like ToR 2 4 and 5 being PBAoE makes it too easy for the firebrand to just kite and sustain. Its that level of trashy easy gameplay that makes PvP look bad, and I'm guilty of doing it too, its just too easy. The range on ToC 5 is just loltastic too.

I think part of the reason it is being used is because so many other classes are terrible. Go look at the class breakdown for Automated Tournaments its not a pretty sight. Pretty much no one plays anything but Scourge, Spell Breaker, Mesmer,Thief, and Firebrand. Because conditions are so powerful right now a class that can spam anti-condition abilities is valuable. If we went back to a spike power meta or at least more balanced between conditions and power Firebrand would be much less useful. Personally, I don't like how bunker firebrand plays at all its low skill spamming and running in circles build imo and does zero damage. In solo queue if you get put with poor dps your team will have problems killing anything.

@Zenith.7301 said:You should expect a nerf to FB in general. Condi DPS ridiculously strong on top of being the best burst condi class in PvE, and in PvP/WvW clearly FB is silly.

for what ive observed (i dont own pof) it feels to spammy tons of boons if decently builded, funny ive seen more FB's on frontline with mantras even roamming due offensive and defensive boon stacking than actually supporting teamates, but in this game there's no "real teamwork", just stack'n spam gameplay, i dont expect FB to get that nerfed, ANet want players to be carried with easy'ish to play metas.

Archived