Why is collision on random art pieces part of the gameplay?

thumis.5673

I have played this game since it started and I have yet to understand why collision detection is such a large part of the gameplay.What do I mean? Well, when there is a combat encounter ANYWHERE, there is ALWAYS some unnecessary art with collision attached to it it mucking up my gameplay.It is beyond ridiculous. Why is it there? it adds nothing to the encounter other than to make combat a frustrating chore.

Arena Net designers - you MADE this game about movement in combat. Why do you let artists dictate what happens in combat?It is frustrating for players and completely unnecessary. It adds nothing to the game. Please REMOVE collision from the art within combat areas. It adds frustration and on the flip-side it introduces exploits. A no-win scenario!

This has probably been discussed ad nauseum in these forums but I wanted to state that I have had enough. It's time to fix this crap.

Thanks for reading my vent. Ugh.

@thumis.5673 said:What do I mean? Well, when there is a combat encounter ANYWHERE, there is ALWAYS some unnecessary art with collision attached to it it mucking up my gameplay.

Do you mean that the camera often gets blocked by ambient objects and doesn't move through them resulting in inconvenient angles?

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Art? Like buildings, boulders and trees? If that’s what you mean are you suggesting a world with no collision where we can move through everything?

No OP is talking about combat interferences, like lost LoS. For example, I can circle 360 far or close around a Triggerblossom in Darkwing Vinewrath with Longbow and get "Obstructed" on every shot. This behaviour in combat is spreading throughout the game. I also feel that the avatar getting stuck alot more on things you can't see. As I can't see meshes I can only guess that texture and collisionmeshes don't have uniform size and/or targets have something invisible in front of their hitboxes.

Archived