Jungle with few plants

Ever notice that the Maguuma Jungle maps near Rata Sum have few plant nodes despite being a jungle? I went all over Metrica Province for the daily before I could find 4 plant nodes. I've done the same before with Brisban Wildlands in the past and ended up having to go to another map to finish the daily that time. Both of those maps need to have their plant nodes increased.

Well, Metrica Province won't have nodes of any kind until you enter the higher regions of it, as it is a starter zone.
As for the rest of the zone, and Brisban Wildlands, I've never really had an issue.
You can always get Maguuma Jungle gathering (all or part) in Dreamer's Terrace (yours or a friend's/Guild member's), as well.

Good luck.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:Ever notice that the Maguuma Jungle maps near Rata Sum have few plant nodes despite being a jungle? I went all over Metrica Province for the daily before I could find 4 plant nodes. I've done the same before with Brisban Wildlands in the past and ended up having to go to another map to finish the daily that time. Both of those maps need to have their plant nodes increased.

Areas near any of the racial home cities do not have gathering nodes of any kind. These will appear further into the map.

The excuse I use is that you're not looking for just any random plants, not even edible ones.

Food gives buffs and wood/ore builds magical items because you're finding and gathering samples that have naturally gathered some degree of magic into them. A few talented farmers may be able to grow a small patch of plants that are good enough, but there's no farms out there harvesting bushel after bushel of the stuff we need to make food that gives buffs. You have to go out and find the special ones.

That also explains why there's none left near the big cities. It's just been over-harvested. Too much disruption, nothing that grows or is found there will work for us now.

Archived