New Zone?

Angel.8742

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Yeah I remember seeing that a while back and wondering how to get there.Then I got the glider and still couldn't get there.Finally came back with mounts and invisible wall and I was like, "kitten IT!"

We'll get there someday... When anything at all happens in the Maguuma Wastes

Well I got past that invisible wall...I logged back in after I made this post and recorded a video...lol There isn't anything back there...not that I expected anything to be back there.Apologies for the Poor Quality of the video...Not sure why YouTube won't put it in HD

@Angel.8742 said:Well I got past that invisible wall...I logged back in after I made this post and recorded a video...lol There isn't anything back there...not that I expected anything to be back there.Apologies for the Poor Quality of the video...Not sure why YouTube won't put it in HD

Well done on that ploish. Now I must try and do this too. I hate invisible walls.

Not so much "a zone that didn't make it" as rather "hey, let's leave a connection point here for if we want to expand in this direction".

There are a bunch of these zone-portals-leading-nowhere around the edges of the map! Sparkfly Fen has one behind a boulder leading in roughly Southsun's direction, Mount Maelstrom has one behind a gate in the SE corner. Then a bunch of clear possible gates (but no blue portal), like Desert Gate outside Ebonhawke.

It was there since 2012. Do you remember when at Fort Vandal were private army of 80 lvl champions? "What does Anet is hiding from us behind this fort?" - i thought. I used to get inside this fort with my messmer. There was nothing inside and one portal to somewhere...nowadays it's Silverwastes portal. Exploration of this game was wonderful time spent!Now we have one mysterious portal in Mount Malestorm at Jugment Rock or was it just road block oh... i don't remember

My guess is that these dead end portals/roads are a combination of the team that made the maps needing to get on and make them before the final layout of the game world was finalised - so they just had to add a bunch of entrance/exit points and wait to see which ones were needed and leaving themselves room for future expansion.

Some do get used, like the portal at the back of Fort Vandal that now leads to Silverwastes, but other times they've added new gates/portals - like the one leading to Lake Doric, that used to just be a wall.

What I find frustrating is when they add a new map on the other side but don't join them out - like the path leading out of the ruins in Harathi Hinterlands which ends in a rockfall but could easily lead into Lake Doric now that map's been created.

Archived