Wardrobe System for Pets

I know this should probably go into the ranger thread, but because its also going into Fashion Wars 2 terretory i post it here.

My question is: Could we have a Wardrobe System for Pets?The idea is simple, you can transmute the looks of your pet with the skin of a pet from the same family.Unique Pets will not be transmutable.

THIS IS NOT PROPOSAL FOR GEM STORE SKINS.

Just asking if it is possible that we can ajust the looks of our pets for the skillset we like.

I.e. You like wolf fear skin but wanna have a fernhound pet. You can transmute your wolf looks to a fernhound aesthetic.

Opinions?

@Chicken Fro.6953 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Black Widow skin in the Gem Store please!!!!I never played GW1 and I need the Black Widow!

No no no no no, that would be a huge slap in the face to Guild Wars 1 players, and those that bought and grinded GW1 just for the HoM skins. :) As A GW1 player since near launch, I would honestly be
suuuper
salty.

Agree with this. No matter if it is the pets or the skins, the Hall of Monument-content I am genuinly happy with how exclusive it is.With the amount of work that went into earning those skins it would feel supercheap to put them into the store, no matter how much time has passed.

I guess the OP is talking about the ability to buy gemstore skins for pets. Looking at the history of cosmetic items this could mean: Huge pets. Glowing pets. Pets with spikes. Pets on fire. A 15 foot tall glowing Tyrannosaurus with flaming spikes (for swapping out a Moa pet).I have no confidence that the pets would remain small and realistic. Not when there’s money to be had for huge and showy. I’m going to vote no.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Zeefa.3915 said:Why would use transmute one pet skin on another pet? Makes no sense to me.

Why would you transmute a weapon?For cosmetics. Why would you transmute a Pet?For the same reason.

But if you want a tiger instead of a jaguar just swap to the tiger. I don't see the point in making a wardrobe for that.

Also the HoM pets should stay exclusive regardless.And making gemstore skins for pets miiiiight seem like a fun idea.... but I'd prefer it not happening.

I'd rather see new pets, new species and creatures be added to the collection. I am fine with it only being some added at an expansion, but it would be nice to see one show up during LS4 too.

I don't understand this suggestion either. If you want your pet to look like another one in the same family you can just swap to the one you want.

The only difference between pets in the same family is their F2 ability, and unless you're a really hardcore min-maxer that's not going to impact your build so there's no need to feel restricted to a specific one.

@Ashen.2907 said:I think that the OP wants to be able to choose, for example, the wolf pet abilities while choosing the Krytan Hound appearance.

I think that's what they're saying too. But that's why I don't understand it.

The only difference between a wolf and a drakehound is that the wolf's howl (F2 ability) causes fear and the drakehound's causes immobilize. All their other skills are identical and all their stats are identical. And it's the same for all the other pets - the family determines the stats and 3/4 skills and then the last skill is a variation on a theme.

I could understand it more if they were asking for new, unique pet skins - which is why I think other people interpreted it that way. If you could reskin your pet - give your drakehound a hat or get a white tiger or a glowing golden pig or whatever - then I could understand the appeal. But swapping one pet's appearance for another in the same family achieves almost nothing we can't already do by just swapping to that pet.

@Zeefa.3915 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Zeefa.3915 said:Why would use transmute one pet skin on another pet? Makes no sense to me.

Why would you transmute a weapon?For cosmetics. Why would you transmute a Pet?For the same reason.

But if you want a tiger instead of a jaguar just swap to the tiger. I don't see the point in making a wardrobe for that.

Also the HoM pets should stay exclusive regardless.And making gemstore skins for pets miiiiight seem like a fun idea.... but I'd prefer it not happening.

I'd rather see new pets, new species and creatures be added to the collection. I am fine with it only being some added at an expansion, but it would be nice to see one show up during LS4 too.

Sigh

What uf you wanna use the jaguar skills but the tiger looks?Or the wolf skill and the fernhound looks?

Especially now with soulbeast there are tons of possibilities with pets. But alot of them may not appeal to some players.I doesnt really need a new UI. Just a Pet button like the mount button is and you can swap the skins of the pets you have already tamed.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:I think that the OP wants to be able to choose, for example, the wolf pet abilities while choosing the Krytan Hound appearance.

The
only
difference between a wolf and a drakehound is that the wolf's howl (F2 ability) causes fear and the drakehound's causes immobilize. All their other skills are identical and all their stats are identical. And it's the same for all the other pets - the family determines the stats and 3/4 skills and then the last skill is a variation on a theme.

I could understand it more if they were asking for new, unique pet skins - which is why I think other people interpreted it that way. If you could reskin your pet - give your drakehound a hat or get a white tiger or a glowing golden pig or whatever - then I could understand the appeal. But swapping one pet's appearance for another in the same family achieves almost nothing we can't already do by just swapping to that pet.

Thats the whole point. You have an addition interaction with soulbeast too. So there are 2 skills where every pet drom the same family differs, plus the stat change when merged.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I guess the OP is talking about the ability to buy gemstore skins for pets. Looking at the history of cosmetic items this could mean: Huge pets. Glowing pets. Pets with spikes. Pets on fire. A 15 foot tall glowing Tyrannosaurus with flaming spikes (for swapping out a Moa pet).I have no confidence that the pets would remain small and realistic. Not when there’s money to be had for huge and showy. I’m going to vote no.

No i am not for pet skins on gem store.I mean you can swap the skins of the pets from the same family. So you can have the visuals if the pet you like with the skillset you like.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I guess the OP is talking about the ability to buy gemstore skins for pets. Looking at the history of cosmetic items this could mean: Huge pets. Glowing pets. Pets with spikes. Pets on fire. A 15 foot tall glowing Tyrannosaurus with flaming spikes (for swapping out a Moa pet).I have no confidence that the pets would remain small and realistic. Not when there’s money to be had for huge and showy. I’m going to vote no.

No i am not for pet skins on gem store.I mean you can swap the skins of the pets from the same family. So you can have the visuals if the pet you like with the skillset you like.

Ah

Well, truthfully I don’t think it’s worth the time and effort to rework pets so that skins and skills are separate and rework the UI to make a new wardrobe for these pets. In the years I’ve been reading the forums this is the first time I’ve seen this request. So I doubt there’s enough demand to make this worthwhile.

Would love the option to have different skins for pets, if that's what OP intended.

Example: you like the mechanics (F2 in particular) of the Wolf pet (applies Fear) but you prefer the aesthetics of the Alpine Wolf. Having a system in place similar to how mounts function where you can pick what skin you want to use would open up wider customization and let's face it, who doesn't want a scary Nightmare Hound skin for their Fernhound? Those mobs are cool! I wouldn't mind having unique skins for pets, but I'd prefer it if they were in-game rewards locked behind a quest content rather than shoving it into the gem store.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Black Widow skin in the Gem Store please!!!!I never played GW1 and I need the Black Widow!

That particular example isn't going to happen. The HoM rewards are strictly for GW1 players.(I'm not opposed to new skins for the same pets; I just can't imagine ANet going back on the word for that particular set of skins.)

@Danikat.8537 said:

The
only
difference between a wolf and a drakehound is that the wolf's howl (F2 ability) causes fear and the drakehound's causes immobilize. All their other skills are identical and all their stats are identical. And it's the same for all the other pets - the family determines the stats and 3/4 skills and then the last skill is a variation on a theme.

The difference between an immobilize and a fear can be huge. Nothing quite like winning a 1 v 3 in WvW due, in part, to a well timed fear.

I understand what the OP wants, what's so hard to understand? he wants to have a pet dog with the fear skill, which should be a thing, but unfortunately we are stuck with cookie cutter pets, having to use the ones in the current meta, with no option for custimazation, no option to be unique, no option to use whatever pet you want without handicapping yourself... although a wardrobe could solve this problem I feel a better solution would be unlocking the f2 abilitys themselves for pets, and allowing any pet in a particular family to use any f2 from within that family, quite franky that would be the ninor option for me, I would rather every pet could choose any f2 in the game, but ofc that would require a massive rework to pets. Bottom line is, its never going to happen anyway, these devs are just not up to it.