Did this forum list thread creator/last poster late yesterday?

Menadena.7482

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm confused. I still see thread creator and last poster next to every topic, along with the number of views and replies. Is that not showing up for other people?

I also still see it. Here is an example:

Thanks. So the functionality is there, for some reason I am not seeing it. I was on a different computer last night but both were using the same browser (firefox) .... I wonder if the CSS is so broken that it made a difference? I guess I will try tonight from both computers and see if they see the same thing or not.

@Danikat.8537 said:Is it possible you're on the mobile version for some reason?

It is a different size window since this is a laptop but I would hope you would not trigger the css for the mobile site until you got down to a much lower resolution. Also nothing indicates it is a different version of the site.

@Healix.5819 said:Your window needs to be larger than 1100 pixels, otherwise these columns will be hidden.

Thanks, unfortunately apple in their wisdom does not seem to tell me what their retina display uses in the control panel. I use almost all the screen real estate for my browser though. Hmm, 1100 seems low for deciding a window is too small -- my other browser showed the topic line wrapping to 2 lines so that should be the better option over losing content (yes, responsive design geek here).

@Flatley.1620 said:Ahhh, perhaps that's why I'm not seeing that on my phone here.

A phone is also going to show the mobile layout of the site, but I'm guessing you've chosen to disable that.

If you want to force it, you can do so by using plugins to override the CSS of a web page, if your browser supports them.

Here's a quick sample of the CSS you'd use, which removes the width limitation, cuts the avatars and makes the columns a little smaller:

.Section-DiscussionList .DiscussionsTable .BlockColumn-User {    display: table-cell !important;}.Section-DiscussionList .DiscussionsTable .BlockColumn-User.FirstUser, .Section-DiscussionList .DiscussionsTable .BlockColumn-User.LastUser {    width: 130px;}.Section-DiscussionList .DiscussionsTable .BlockColumn-User .PhotoWrap {    display: none;}.Section-DiscussionList .DiscussionsTable .BlockColumn-User .Meta {    margin-left: 0px;}.DataTable td.BigCount {    min-width: 60px;}.DiscussionsTable td.BigCount {    width: 60px;}

https://i.imgur.com/KBomaU4.jpg

Archived