About LFG tool

PhiLL.1746

Dear ANET, your LFG tool is flawed.

Why would i want to be in a group while 90% of it is in another instance of the map?OK, you added a join group instance button but sometimes, the instance is full and this isn't "newbie friendly".And worst...the group listing shows the same groups located inside full instances when you search again, with nowhere to check if the instance is full or not.

Why not, make your LFG tool work only to the instance you are in and add a LFI (look for instance) tool that lists all instances and its current status (full or not)?This way, you could first pick an instance and then create/join a group there...

Is it something impossible or hard to do?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:A LFG for the instance you’re in is pointless.

There’s likely some limitation preventing them from showing whether a LFG is on a full server or not. That issue is also fairly uncommon as you only see it on HoT map final metas (not sure post-PoF) and during Halloween.

Not if you can pick the instance firstAlso, knowing about how many players are in the instance can give you an idea about what to do or organize something etc...

@costepj.5120 said:

@PhiLL.1746 said:Dear ANET, your LFG tool is flawed.

Why would i want to be in a group while 90% of it is in another instance of the map?

But that's exactly why I use LFG, so I can join the group in the map instance where things are going down rather than the one I'm currently in.

Whats the point if the instance is full?

Sometimes the map instance I want to join is full, true. So I leave that group and join the next one in the list. It's usually a matter of getting in early enough. Most of the metas are on a timer, so I make sure to start looking ahead of the event start time. Dragon's Stand can be annoying if you can't rejoin your squad after the map reset, but that doesn't happen (to me) very often. Getting into active Lab instances has been a bit hit and miss this week, but a couple of times while I've been trying to get into an available map, someone has tagged up in the one I'm in!

@costepj.5120 said:Sometimes the map instance I want to join is full, true. So I leave that group and join the next one in the list. It's usually a matter of getting in early enough. Most of the metas are on a timer, so I make sure to start looking ahead of the event start time. Dragon's Stand can be annoying if you can't rejoin your squad after the map reset, but that doesn't happen (to me) very often. Getting into active Lab instances has been a bit hit and miss this week, but a couple of times while I've been trying to get into an available map, someone has tagged up in the one I'm in!

Sometimes some people can't get in early enough and the next one is full also and so on.And dont forget POF maps dont have timers or big timed meta events...Picking an instance and knowing how much people are in can encourage people to form groups inside that instance and organize events.

Archived