Better using Tome of Resolve and Courage ?

leasm.1279

Hey guys,

I have no problems with Tome of Justice. The skills are pretty straightforward and self-explanatory. It's the other two tomes where things get tricky, and I'd like to learn using them better. I'd like some suggestions and ideas of how better spending the pages (talking here of PvE, both world map solo and also group play vs champions).

TOME OF RESOLVE:

• I always start with #5 to apply the +33% healing buff and condition conversion. Great skill.
  • Then I use #4 for area heal and water field.
  • Then I just spam #1 to take benefit of the 8s healing buff.Issues: I don't see the point of skill #3. And skill #2 usually is useless, since I already have cleared conditions by casting #5.

TOME OF COURAGE:

• I always start with #5 to apply the +300 toughness buff and protection. Nice.
  • Then I use #4 if I notice there are conditions going, or need a stun break.
  • Then I use #3 if there are projectiles coming.
  • Then I use #2 for some dps if there are enemies at close range.
  • Then I just spam #1 for the constant aegis.Issues: Most skills seem to be conditional and complicated, so I sometimes I just simplify everything by spamming #1.

Anything I'm missing?

ToR2 is excellent in PvP because of the healing per condition removed. ToR5 doesn't heal. ToR3 is fairly lackluster, but it does give vigor if you can't get it any other way.

I use a shattered aegis build (in PvE too, its probably not optimal, but its fun) so using ToC is about timing 1 and 5 in between hits for the aegis. ToC2 is excellent damage.

ToR skill #3 is actually a liability given that it has a considerable cast time, doesnt heal and feeds the boon-corrupts. I only use this if I'm not immediately taking damage and am not in a rush to use another skill so its essentially just another button that I can optionally press.

I hope they add functionality to ToR skill #3. IMO, one of the following two fixes would be perfect for it:

1. Add a blast-finisher component to it. This would be great since we could blast our own field as well as ally fields multiple times while in ToR. This would truely make ToR more support-focused and would actually make this skill not feel like a useless button press.

2. Add a daze or blind component to it. ToR currently has no way of interacting with enemy players. In other words, if you enter ToR, but suddenly have a thief or warrior jump you, you have no recourse. I understand that this is part of ToR's counterplay but the fact that you have absolutely no way to peel on ToR is just too much counterplay. Even moa form has skill #5 as an evade.

Archived