Upcoming Balance Update — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Balance Update

A message from the Balance Team:

There seems to be some incorrect information and/or unfounded expectations surrounding the next balance update, so we’d like to shed a light on our plans:

The next balance update will not take place this week; it is scheduled to come out next week, on November 7. The release date still could change due to unforeseen circumstances or shenanigans beyond our control, but that is our plan right now.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<<134567

Comments

• Dyfinz.2348Dyfinz.2348 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 30

Can someone point me to the post that accurately/correctly/officially indicates when Season 9 starts, or are these event the same day?

• cryorion.9532cryorion.9532 Member ✭✭

Thank you for update! Could we get at least some kind of tease of what we can expect? If just simple tweaks or even skill reworks? :)

• Dyfinz.2348Dyfinz.2348 Member ✭✭✭

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Dyfinz.2348 said:
    Can someone point me to the post that indicates when Season 9 starts, or are these event the same day?

Yes, they are. The ranked button on your PvP panel in game has the date displayed.

Alright, thank you. Never noticed that lol.

• Lunateric.3708Lunateric.3708 Member ✭✭✭

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:
    It's extremely frustrating that at this point we have had to wait over five weeks for necessary balance changes to be made to various specs. The fact that there has been zero communication about what changes are to be made and when is even worse.

Whilst anecdotal, I have seen friends leave the game purely because of how disappointing the post-release balance has been, and the lack of communication has only exasperated this. Extremely bad move considering the hype that PoF had built prior to its release.

I have seen that happen too, that doesn't mean I suddenly dislike the game of course but balance wise it has always been too slow and mysterious for my taste.

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭

Hopefully they actually fix some things. I am not using any of the new elites as the only ones I was interested in were broken.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

• Laken.4056Laken.4056 Member ✭✭

My night has been ruined.

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭

@Amiron.1067 said:
    I share the sentiment most others feel here when people bring up the lack of transparency or discussion from developers with profession changes. It's 100% unreasonable to demand developers to be crystal clear with transparency, but the other extreme (no communication at all) is just as bad. I haven't seen one response from a developer within the Revenant forums about short-bow skills and potential changes, nor anything about Renegade stance.

I love this game, I love my revenant (regardless of balancing), but I would love to see some more interaction from the profession team. You don't need to give us all the details, but a glimpse into the minds of the developers can be more than enough to satisfy a lot of players.

Personally I don't think that's it. More there's a lack of faith that the balance patches will be meaningful or timely. At least for the PvP community.

• kKagari.6804kKagari.6804 Member ✭✭✭

Can we at least get a change list to discuss now?

• Xcorpdog.2840Xcorpdog.2840 Member ✭✭

@kKagari.6804 said:

Odds are they aren't finished, so they wont want to talk about them.

• Well issues happen and balance patch gets postponed, happens...
    I would like a week before the next PvP season start to let meta settle in, bugs get fixed or too OP stuff tuned down, but I guess we will just have a season with balance patch at start with no practice, no preparation time and have chaos until meta settles, at least won't be worse then having an entire expansion dropped mid season with unbalanced specs, that made PvP really unfun towards the end of last season with war, necro, guard comps only being viable.

I'm just tired at this point and saying as someone who PvPs and PvEs, at least fix stuff mid seasons now, can't really worse then having expack dropped mid season. Know people don't care about PvP, don't blame them, just a shame what has happened lately, just a shame...

• Thane.9421Thane.9421 Member ✭✭

Oh, so next week we get the changes the community was asking for since the PoF beta? And the changes are rolling out at the same time as the new pvp season? Which looks to have new solo queue restrictions added in to normalize an even greater percentage of the population into a pile of Plat 1s? Hype!

• troops.8276troops.8276 Member ✭✭✭

@Vagrant.7206 said:
    Can I ask why exactly the next season and the balance patch are going to land on the same day? It makes no sense.

If there was a history of top notch good balance patches and super quick, resounding tweeks to any problems then it could conceivably be an exciting thing. Like waking up on Christmas morning. But if all you ever get for Christmas is utter garbage, two months late and a kick in the teeth then it wont be. Or in other words, idd.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:

Odds are they aren't finished, so they wont want to talk about them.

That makes no sense though. You'd think something in the development cycle would be planned ahead of time, and a deadline they aim to reach, not just them doing as much as they can then writing up the notes on patch day.

• Kamahl.3621Kamahl.3621 Member ✭✭

This better be a doozy. I uh. I haven't even bothered touching the Halloween event, was kind of hoping the patch would drop before it ended, so I could make up my mind and maybe dig in to the Lab before it's gone for another year. Guess I'll just get to find out in 7 more days if coming back for PoF was a mistake or not. Trying and failing to not get my hopes up, since I want to like this game so hard, but history has shown that balance isn't Anet's forte (at least in GW2, not sure how they did it so well in GW1 sans outliers like PvP Smiter's Boon and then endlessly flounder in the sequel).

Please prove me wrong, I want to see everything having some PvE niche where they excel, beyond "gimmick build in PvP formats". Surely this'll be the patch where skills and traits experience a widespread split between game formats, and we see the dawn of a new balancing age? No, it won't happen, but that doesn't mean I won't hope for the best while expecting nothing and still being disappointed. I mean I came back to the game and they some how nerfed medkit.

• Antroz.4908Antroz.4908 Member

Let us see what this patch will bring us..

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 31

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Chaotic.9742 said:
    Glad there’s Destiny to play in the meantime...

I'm glad there is Smite, Eve Online, and ESO to play in the meantime. Made some amazing progress on my ESO account.

Warframe, Dota 2, B&S, SWTOR, LOL, Paragon-Epic Games......

FFXIV is one of the main game many of us former gw2 players are playing: always welcome to join :)
    Friendly and healthy community and environment: you will not be disappointed.

alas,

Competitive games the way to go ^*^

@shippage.1983 said:
    We really need more frequent, smaller patches. The off-season should be the dev's chance to test balance changes, not right as the season starts! Do they listen to player feedback?

Why bother having an off season at this point anyways?

• Ceit.7619Ceit.7619 Member ✭✭

Checking the forums in wait of the balance patch is the most I've been involved with in this game since they destroyed Scourge in pve. Tired of my favorite class being awesome in gamemodes I don't enjoy, and somewhere between sub-par and trash tier in the game modes I do enjoy. I moved his gear to my mirage for the time being, but I just have no excitement to play it. Have little faith that the balance patch is going to fix my main, but maybe it'll get me excited about something else. The devs have focused so many resources into developing the 4 raid wings we currently have, and yet seem to have zero desire to actually create any kind of balance in the classes for tackling them.

<<134567
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.