Upcoming Balance Update - Page 5 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Upcoming Balance Update

Comments

• @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:
    Sounds like it's time to hand out job apps Gaile. Seems like we have a lot of people here that can run a company better than your peeps... They do this in my restaurant too lol. Seriously, thanks for the announcement. I trust this company and will continue to spend money on your product. I don't need you to run all of your changes by me :)
    Once the balance update roles on the 7th I'll be happy to post my feedback if I feel the need.

P.S. I love that you use the word "shenanigans." It is sooo under-utilized.

Nice ad hominous.

Nobody here ever even remotely implied they could do better or close. What people are complaining about is that they ARE professionals who CAN do better than us, but somehow delivering unprofession results and choosing to do so.

If someone at your restaurant says "hey my steak is overcooked" that didnt mean they know HOW to cook a steak and think they can do better. But because they eat steak on the regular and can tell your cook kitten it.

Thanks for the comment. It's refreshing to have someone disagree with me in a way that is constructive. You deliver an excellent point. I am just concerned that the overall tone of this thread is too negative and doesn't really respond to the issue in a reasonable way. My opinion is that as a community we could approach issues in a more professional tone. On the topic at hand, I personally don't see the need for extra info about balances but I also don't have much time in a day to game so I avoid researching it too much in the first place.

The next time you get angry at someone try walking a mile in their shoes. After that, who cares! You're a mile away and you have their shoes! -Someone with more awesome quotes than me

• @Orpheal.8263 said:
    As if Anet would ever dare to touch anything that is "core" in this game, lol, they havent done this for a single time in 5 years ...

Core skills in general have pretty long recharges... and something like timewarp can be compared to the chronos well which isnt an elite and is almost the same thing with like 1/3 the recharge. They nerfed quickness and didnt touch things like timewarp and frenzys recharges... Now we got firebrand who can do so much quickness those other skills with quickness are just kinda lol.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Why is imbalance such an issue? Just play and have fun, it's really not a big deal. If your beloved class sucks atm just play what is good atm. Man, chill or go play other games for a couple of weeks...

It IS an issue because for every class existing, I should be able to play efficiently that class in every part of the game, without being forced to change class.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• @ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Why is imbalance such an issue? Just play and have fun, it's really not a big deal. If your beloved class sucks atm just play what is good atm. Man, chill or go play other games for a couple of weeks...

Well, I wouldn't even mind that much, if it was really easy to properly switch classes: For example: I have full ascended berserker armor, weapons and trinkets including all +9 agony, +5 power infusions, full scholar runes and sigils of Force + Air on my Ele. If I want to switch to Guardian now, it should be possible without (too much) costs and with a few simple clicks (TEMPLATES) to load that all on my Guardian ... If that's the case, I would probably even agree with your statement ... Under 1 condition though: let them fix my main beloved class as soon as possible, and not maybe every 3 months a balance patch that might or might not change anything for my beloved class.
    Frequent balancing updates and easy way to properly switch classes would fix a lot, imo!

• @XenesisII.1540 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

But I like "this class", why do I have to go play "that class" instead?
    Why can't the devs make adjustments to "this class" to be as good as "that class"?
    "Go play another game." - lol is that really the best advice to give a customer? ever?

One of my great issues with this otherwise awesome game is how destructive the balance passes seem to be. I have several classes that are basically shelved (I play power warrior and power reaper for example) and its often the case that changes make something I enjoy unplayable. I think most of us have moved to a stage of playing several classes so that they can move between them during such destructive changes.

Of course that doesn't really compensate for class neglect - in the case of power reaper, I very much doubt the dev team even remembers it exists.

• ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

So, who else is excited for the MANY bugs and issues this "balance" update will introduce? Trying to figure how changes that were intended and what are bugs while also getting to watch and see just how little the "balance" update does to actually fix the horrible state the game currently finds itself in? :/

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Chaotic.9742 said:
    Glad there’s Destiny to play in the meantime...

I'm glad there is Smite, Eve Online, and ESO to play in the meantime. Made some amazing progress on my ESO account.

Warframe, Dota 2, B&S, SWTOR, LOL, Paragon-Epic Games......

FFXIV is one of the main game many of us former gw2 players are playing: always welcome to join :)
    Friendly and healthy community and environment: you will not be disappointed.

alas,

Competitive games the way to go ^*^

I love! FF XIV, i just wish the combat wasnt so slow :( Everything is great from what i used to play it was just the slow combat system that put me off :(

• Nemmar.8491Nemmar.8491 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2017

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Chaotic.9742 said:

I'm glad there is Smite, Eve Online, and ESO to play in the meantime. Made some amazing progress on my ESO account.

FFXIV is one of the main game many of us former gw2 players are playing: always welcome to join :)

alas,

I love! FF XIV, i just wish the combat wasnt so slow :( Everything is great from what i used to play it was just the slow combat system that put me off :(

Not sure it is the right forum to talk about this, but i agree. Loved FFXIV but the slow combat bored me to tears. I had heard that it was because of the PS3, but they don't even have that excuse anymore. Is it because of console players? I played FFXIV in all platforms and i would be fine with it beeing faster in the console. You get used to it once you memorise where you mapped your skills. They are literally capping their game's appeal by sticking to it. Wasterful.
    If i'm gonna play that type of games i prefer SWTOR or WoW.

@Nemmar.8491 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:

@Reaper Alim.4176 said:

@Chaotic.9742 said:

alas,

Not sure it is the right forum to talk about this, but i agree. Loved FFXIV but the slow combat bored me to tears. I had heard that it was because of the PS3, but they don't even have that excuse anymore. Is it because of console players? I played FFXIV in all platforms and i would be fine with it beeing faster in the console. You get used to it once you memorise where you mapped your skills. They are literally capping their game's appeal by sticking to it. Wasterful.
    If i'm gonna play that type of games i prefer SWTOR or WoW.

Nah, i think they went with that due to combat in Final Fantasy games of the past./ Turn based, slow and such more than the current more action based combat systems have gone with, which is a real shame as the world, story, classes and everything is REALLY cool. If it wasnt for 2 things: Pay Monthly and Combat being too slow then it would be great, its got some really cool animations for skills but its just all too slow :( I'd happily pay monthly if the combat system was more like GW2 (minus the dreadful balance...)

• Einlanzer.1627Einlanzer.1627 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:
    After reading this, I just have to sum this up with no particular emphasis.

Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

The overwhelming majority of people posting here are unhappy with three things.

-the timing of the new pvp season, and the balance patch.

-the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

-the lack of communication from the balance team.

What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

So Anet, any takers?

Great post.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    I can wait. Already know the balancing won't help a core necro minion person like me and I have no other problem with my other classes.

What do you need to be balanced on your necro MM.. find spot, spawn minions, set aoe macro and then go afk for 3 months with occasional revisit to press I and deposit all... no balance required or maybe you mean balancing out map locations where above can be utilised more widely :p

Buff minions and buff staff. Lower cooldown on the dredge seeing it's in the elite slot and just going in water kills it.

• NotASmurf.1725NotASmurf.1725 Member ✭✭✭

@shadowpass.4236 said:
    The top players on the PvP leaderboards at the end of every season should be consulted about balance changes.

Only if they ban the wintraders and ask the real top players. Right now more than 50% of the EU top 25 are wintraders.

• @NotASmurf.1725 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:
    The top players on the PvP leaderboards at the end of every season should be consulted about balance changes.

Only if they ban the wintraders and ask the real top players. Right now more than 50% of the EU top 25 are wintraders.

And it's actually worse over here on the NA boards.

I am the one and only true Majestic Being.
    I stand now on the precipice of change.
    My perceptions on quality is refined.
    I am now the outsider looking in.
    Next level simi profession troll at your service.
    Bring the lols like no other.

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

@TheLastNobody.8319 said:

@psizone.8437 said:
    @Gaile Gray.6029 , Can you please consider the idea of having an elected volunteer from each of the professions subforum that once a month collects complaints, bugs and suggestions for skills and word it as usable data and free from emotion and have them email it directly to the devs (new email or whatever to limit abuse).

Have the devs give a small summary/review back to the volunteer that they can pass it on to the community for them to view and debate. A simple, "We're working on this", "This wont work because of.." and "This is a good idea, we'll try this".

This way we get a once a month update on what may be getting worked on, we'll know exactly what the devs have viewed (they can't read every post here) and they're free from any possible anger and abuse hurled at them from certain people.

@psizone.8437 said:
    @Gaile Gray.6029 , Can you please consider the idea of having an elected volunteer from each of the professions subforum that once a month collects complaints, bugs and suggestions for skills and word it as usable data and free from emotion and have them email it directly to the devs (new email or whatever to limit abuse).

Have the devs give a small summary/review back to the volunteer that they can pass it on to the community for them to view and debate. A simple, "We're working on this", "This wont work because of.." and "This is a good idea, we'll try this".

This way we get a once a month update on what may be getting worked on, we'll know exactly what the devs have viewed (they can't read every post here) and they're free from any possible anger and abuse hurled at them from certain people.

They tired that once when I think Colin was around? Didn’t really go anywhere or do anything with it.

Volunteers would be a bad idea. The bdo-forum has such, LoL has some, they´re always blamed by the community for everything that goes wrong yet they always say that they´re volunteers not developers. I can imagine the same would happen here as well.

"I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

Buff minions and buff staff. Lower cooldown on the dredge seeing it's in the elite slot and just going in water kills it.

Buff the weapon that no matter what spec -Condi or power, no matter if Base, Reaper or Scourge 90% Necros use this weapon? Cant be that bad, when it can be unblockable AoE spamming. Its go staff - spam all the marks, go different weapon. Also, the Elite does have an underwater form, why not rather than reduce the cool down, just make it so it swaps from the Ground summon to the water summon when you go into water?

• Nord.1492Nord.1492 Member ✭✭

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Imbalance is not an issue. Toxic community and wannabe elitists are, who generate massiv hate on classes, kicking you because you play that class etc. And since you cannot punish these guys, why should you punish them for making content for anet, you HAVE TO BALANCE this game.

But no problem my friend, maybe i will play another game, maybe forever. Blizzard did a good job with the battle for azeroth trailer. They know how to keep up the good work, i will take my credit card with me and support them, because anet doesnt need money. :open_mouth:

We will see thuesday. :P

• @Nord.1492 said:

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Imbalance is not an issue. Toxic community and wannabe elitists are, who generate massiv hate on classes, kicking you because you play that class etc. And since you cannot punish these guys, why should you punish them for making content for anet, you HAVE TO BALANCE this game.

But no problem my friend, maybe i will play another game, maybe forever. Blizzard did a good job with the battle for azeroth trailer. They know how to keep up the good work, i will take my credit card with me and support them, because anet doesnt need money. :open_mouth:

We will see thuesday. :P

^^^ this says it best for me fully. and pretty sure they will be new stuff broken with the new patch . and no new fixes or even updates and they sure will not fix the wall you run into the trade post at the char home town . much less any thing else i also bet patch day will be interesting to read over on the not so called official forums .

• As I read all these comments. I have to ask? Have any of you played anything other than GW2? I get the balance complaints, but in reality ANETs balancing isn't that far off from most games. There will always be broken specs, in both directions. It happens in Every MMO, really every game.

FOTM, is not new to gaming, it's not only in GW2, it will be in whatever game you play. If that fact of gaming bothers you that much. Maybe it's time to find a different hobby?

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Allarius.5670 said:

I have found in my own experience that open communication breeds greater understanding. This suggests that the part of the community that stays informed and abreast of upcoming changes acts as a mouth piece for Anet to the rest of the community, and without greater communication you create a situation where unfounded rumor is more likely to become the expectations of the community and leads to frustration, disappointment, dissatisfaction with the game, and anger.

Despite apparent desires to bring wholesale balance adjustments more frequently, Anet has shown time and again they are unable to do so. As players, the reasons are less important than the fact. Greater communication would go a long way to ease transition periods by giving players a roadmap, directing their expectations, giving them something to focus on, and reigning in hope.

"We don't talk about it until it is ready to ship" is a great policy for most of the game, creating a kind of 'Christmas when you are a kid' feeling with surprise and elatement when changes do come. This works well for new releases, but less so things like balance. Not communicating regarding these aspects of the game leads to a disgruntled populace that could be better made into allies.

Look to the sPvP devs for a great example. When they do talk they do a great job of stating things on their radar, things they hope to address soon, and setting expectations. They also balance well providing specifics and staying vague when and where appropriate. More of this could go a long way to help ease the frustrations we see in this thread rather than create this weird sense of disregard and disrespect many players seem to feel.

Everything about this post is true. A simple way to see this is to look at any asian MMO that has also been published in the west. Because the game is generally updated in Asia months before NA/EU gets it, people have access to translated balance patchnotes long before they hit. Rather than being a negative, it allows PvP players to plan for any meta shift in advance.

Anet needs to seriously reconsider their policy here with how their balance updates are handled. Their current model is flat out wrong.

• Lunarlife.5128Lunarlife.5128 Member ✭✭✭

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:
    As I read all these comments. I have to ask? Have any of you played anything other than GW2? I get the balance complaints, but in reality ANETs balancing isn't that far off from most games. There will always be broken specs, in both directions. It happens in Every MMO, really every game.

FOTM, is not new to gaming, it's not only in GW2, it will be in whatever game you play. If that fact of gaming bothers you that much. Maybe it's time to find a different hobby?

I believe other games try, and succeed usually at keeping things within 10%.

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:
    As I read all these comments. I have to ask? Have any of you played anything other than GW2? I get the balance complaints, but in reality ANETs balancing isn't that far off from most games. There will always be broken specs, in both directions. It happens in Every MMO, really every game.

Have you ever played WoW? When did they AT ANY point achieve balance within 10% margin?

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Nord.1492Nord.1492 Member ✭✭

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:

Have you ever played WoW? When did they AT ANY point achieve balance within 10% margin?

Blizzard did it with legion.
    The difference is that the most damage classes have 3 dps speccs and 2 of them are really valuable. I play almost all the niche classes like bm, arcane, outlaw and i must say in skilled hands its even less than 10%, almost 5%. As a necro for pve, do you have 2 valuable speccs? Power build... i dont think so. Condi build.. well lets say its ok, but why not take a firebrand or condi weaver? The difference here is almost 30% and thats really huge.

• hope they could nerf both spellbreaker and necro, spellbreaker full counter actually got some problem and necro overall just tooooo strong

Buff the weapon that no matter what spec -Condi or power, no matter if Base, Reaper or Scourge 90% Necros use this weapon? Cant be that bad, when it can be unblockable AoE spamming. Its go staff - spam all the marks, go different weapon. Also, the Elite does have an underwater form, why not rather than reduce the cool down, just make it so it swaps from the Ground summon to the water summon when you go into water?

I mainly ask this as I don't use any of the elite classes for Necro as they don't add anything beneficial to my build. I main staff.

• Wolfheart.7483Wolfheart.7483 Member ✭✭✭

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

Disclaimer: I assume this post makes it to the balance team, "I love your game, but I don't care about your feelings. Listen up."

-the frequency of the balance patches. (possibly due to allocation of funding inside arenanet, or some other unforseen explanation.)

What this means. Changing the behavior that lead to these complaints will feel like eating crow and admitting fault. Sorry... But you're going to have to suck up that part and trust that our gratitude at the fact of the change will outweigh people upset with you guys.

A developer live stream after each more frequent patch will result in more hype. Which means more returning players. Which means more gem store purchases, because returning players don't want to grind.

More frequent patches will prevent the toxicity of the pvp community from clumping at the top or bottom. Pvp is toxic. Welcome to a game mode where there's always a looser. Hence always salt. Hence always toxic. So frequently patch it... In order to constantly keep the toxicity from settling. (you already split pvp and pve traits... Embrace this and patch pvp more frequently)

Just saying. I mean.... What the community wants is clear. The fact that we don't get it... Makes us wonder why you aren't listening. The fact that you aren't listening makes us wonder if you care. The face that we don't know if you care makes us resent you.

How do you fix a relationship where resentment has taken root? Begin a new, as though from the beginning.

So Anet, any takers?

Great post.

Not really.

That post makes the same mistake as so many others: It assumes that the people posting complaints on the forums represent the majority of the player base, which they do not.

• Wade.2597Wade.2597 Member ✭✭

Balance update?
    Again?
    Didn't we just get that recently?

@Wade.2597 said:
    Balance update?
    Again?
    Didn't we just get that recently?

When was the last one?
    Are you speaking of bug fixes like for Guardian and Scourge and a few others?

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nord.1492 said:

I don't remember to have seen the exact percentage of classes in high ranked positions ( RBG, ARENA, PVE ) ( nor the exact percentage with a 10% error ).
    Blizzard does the same as others, but it let you pay an extra.

Imagine what could do a mmo with no sub, with the earnings of a mmo with a sub, if the company will decide to use a 5/10% of the earnings from sub.
    Blizzard is, imho, doing nothing compared to what it gets from players.

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Nord.1492 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:

The difference is that the most damage classes have 3 dps speccs and 2 of them are really valuable. I play almost all the niche classes like bm, arcane, outlaw and i must say in skilled hands its even less than 10%, almost 5%. As a necro for pve, do you have 2 valuable speccs? Power build... i dont think so. Condi build.. well lets say its ok, but why not take a firebrand or condi weaver? The difference here is almost 30% and thats really huge.

That's the latest one isn't it? So it took them ~10 years... hmm no it's more. God help us all if it takes the GW team that long to achieve balance.

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Cyber Locc.9836Cyber Locc.9836 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@EnidLarr.1478 said:
    hope they could nerf both spellbreaker and necro, spellbreaker full counter actually got some problem and necro overall just tooooo strong

This is a joke right? This has to be a joke, Spellbreaker, ya no doubt nerf is inbound. But scourge too strong lololol.

Scourge got nerfed very hard already, even the devs said too hard and buffs are going to come. If you disagree that is a L2P issue not a balance issue.

That's assuming, your comment is based from a small group/SPvP standpoint. If it's from a WvW Zerg standpoint, well there isn't much to do about that. Nerf scourge and another class will get stacked hard, doing AOE Condi damage. Nerf Condi and Eles will be stacked AOE power damage. That is just the nature of Zerg fights and it isn't going to change.

Furthermore, once again, like that in every game. It's called a Mage Ball, it isn't new and like balance issues isn't exclusive to GW2.

• Cyber Locc.9836Cyber Locc.9836 Member ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@Nord.1492 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Lunarlife.5128 said:

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:

Going to have to disagree. I was there for the first 4 seasons. And your statement is pretty wrong. While I on a DH, did 3x as much damage as my friends in RBGs, that's not 10% LMFAO.

Then we had My lock, unkillable 1v10ing people, Mages dropping people in 2 hits, boomkins killing with 1, ya man, it's still a balance mess.

And all that is before there SPvP that isn't really SPvP when Ilvl gives up to 20% stat increase, and PvE gear is easier to obtain than PvP for PvPing. And all of it is straight RNG now. Oh then we have AP, and the stupid amount of doffrence that can make in once again, SPvP, while the AP gains in PvP are garbage.....

This is a case of the grass being greener, I promise you, it really isn't.

However, I will say that Blizzard does do alot more balance pacthes, and those OPs last a couple weeks a month tops, vs the 3-4 months here.

However that is to be expected, Blizzard has more money, more staff, more players.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

The upcoming patch won't 'fix' PvP nor nerf everyone else while buffing you. So, please consider your expectations before you get any. If not you will likely end up with feelings of disappointment.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• @Super Hayes.6890 said:

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:
    Sounds like it's time to hand out job apps Gaile. Seems like we have a lot of people here that can run a company better than your peeps... They do this in my restaurant too lol. Seriously, thanks for the announcement. I trust this company and will continue to spend money on your product. I don't need you to run all of your changes by me :)
    Once the balance update roles on the 7th I'll be happy to post my feedback if I feel the need.

P.S. I love that you use the word "shenanigans." It is sooo under-utilized.

Nice ad hominous.

Nobody here ever even remotely implied they could do better or close. What people are complaining about is that they ARE professionals who CAN do better than us, but somehow delivering unprofession results and choosing to do so.

If someone at your restaurant says "hey my steak is overcooked" that didnt mean they know HOW to cook a steak and think they can do better. But because they eat steak on the regular and can tell your cook kitten it.

Thanks for the comment. It's refreshing to have someone disagree with me in a way that is constructive. You deliver an excellent point. I am just concerned that the overall tone of this thread is too negative and doesn't really respond to the issue in a reasonable way. My opinion is that as a community we could approach issues in a more professional tone. On the topic at hand, I personally don't see the need for extra info about balances but I also don't have much time in a day to game so I avoid researching it too much in the first place.

You're welcome! Also you're right anyway, about this just being a negative thread. Last sentence is my stance. I have better kitten to do than go through notes before they hit so I can prepare my whining in advance.

I KNOW THAT'S WHY SOME OF YOU WANT EARLY PATCH NOTES

Patch hits, and I either take it or leave it. When it comes to balance! Patches that remove content kitten me the kitten off.

But strictly in terms of balance/skill, and is more important in pvp; adapt

That's it. Just adapt. Because frankly, I think the only reason people get upset over balance is because they might have to actually work instead of think about what theyre doing.

Necro is viable in any game mode but they complain because they are not on ez level like warrior.

I'm going on a tangent now.

• @TheQuickFox.3826 said:

The upcoming patch won't 'fix' PvP nor nerf everyone else while buffing you. So, please consider your expectations before you get any. If not you will likely end up with feelings of disappointment.

In a nutshell.

• Omar Aschi Popp.7496Omar Aschi Popp.7496 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2017

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

So Anet, any takers?

Great post.

No it's not. It's potato tier.

I don't give a kitten about ANY of that kitten he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

That's it.

Wing farmers. Pip farmers. Llama losers.
    All from pve and all only grinding to get what they came for and leave.

Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

get rid of it all.

Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

• PvP is toxic because PvP players are being exploited and tanking their rank by people who don't care about the game mode and using them to get llamas.

• If anything, the should be a balance patch MID SEASON EVERY SEASON.

That way we find out who the REAL pro players are.

Not who went to metabattle for 5 min and memorized how to spam a build they never could have conceived on their own.

Tell me I'm wrong I dare you.

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don't give a kitten about ANY of that kitten he said. Literally. LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

That's it.

Now I'm not saying this to be exclusive, because I too am a PvE player! The difference is, I respect the time and risk a PvP player takes when teamed with people who DON'T CARE ABOUT PVP, RANK, WINING, OR EFFORT.

THEY PUT BARE MININUM IN AND GRIND AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S STANDING IN LEAGUE.

get rid of it all.

Tldr; people treat league like a PvE map. Just be present for events, tag a few mobs and get pips(map currency) to cash rewards (end chests).

Great Post.

Jokes apart, i do share this part

LITERALLY the only reason PvP is "toxic"(said in a nasaly voice) is because Anet introduced PvE rewards in PvP.

Though it's not the only reason why SPvP is toxic.

Is it true that SPvP were empty before the introduction of SPvP reward tracks, but even so players were there only to play, not to farm ( maybe rank farm for /rank ).
    Though it could be useful for those who do SPvP to make some cash, reward tracks ( as year of the ascention, SPvP legendary armor, Ascended equipment, no pip loss, etc... ) took in many PvE players, which only desire their loot, achievements and shinies.

• You're right @Shirlias.8104 I should have worded it better. It's the main reason I think. At least in terms of hostility between players.

For example balance is player vs Anet hostility

• I hope a good balance patch today //War BIG nerf +Necro nerf = the rest specs will be played (PvP i mean) //
    WvW balance: Give a role to -> Engis + Thieves + Rangers + Mesmers // They are completly useless in WvW

• @shadowpass.4236 said:

No. PvP isn't everything in this game, the PvP players will say Scourge needs a further nerf which might be somewhat true. But in terms of PvE it needs a buff. If anything they need to consult top PvP'ers, WvWs and Raiders.

• Joxer.6024Joxer.6024 Member ✭✭✭

@Einlanzer.1627 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

So Anet, any takers?

Great post.

That's it.

get rid of it all.

Yup...I did WVW for my Gift of Battle and then promptly left as I didn't belong there. Not my thing and all that would have happened is I would have been carried and that's not on.

• @Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:
    If anything, the should be a balance patch MID SEASON EVERY SEASON.

That way we find out who the REAL pro players are.

Not who went to metabattle for 5 min and memorized how to spam a build they never could have conceived on their own.

Tell me I'm wrong I dare you.

You're wrong, takes at least 10 minutes.

• Burnfall.9573Burnfall.9573 Member ✭✭✭✭

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:

So Anet, any takers?

Great Post

• Maunzi.3764Maunzi.3764 Member ✭✭✭

@Cyber Locc.9836 said:
    Going to have to disagree. I was there for the first 4 seasons. And your statement is pretty wrong. While I on a DH, did 3x as much damage as my friends in RBGs, that's not 10% LMFAO.

All of this is factually untrue, and your confusion stems from your lack of understanding about the topic. When people talk about damage, they are talking PVE, specifically raids, where a damage difference of 10% is very rare in WoW, and a reason for immediate developer action. Just a fact.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.