Will the Halloween Rituals achievements return next year?

yes they are supposed to. they were in the patch notes.

Halloween achievements have been split into 3 categories: Halloween Rituals for repeatable achievements, Shadow of the Mad King for one-time achievements related to Magister Tassi's investigation of the Mad King's past, and Lunatic Wardrobe for one-time achievements related to the Lunatic Court's fashion. These achievements are intended to return in future years, so don't worry if you find any of them daunting—you'll be able to continue them during a later Halloween celebration with this year's progress intact.

@Vavume.8065 said:My money is on them coming back but probably they will be reset again, meaning if you have maxed them now for 5 repeats they will prob reset again and you can do 5 repeats again for more AP, so yeah you should prob grind them now if its AP you want.

Anet states "These achievements are intended to return in future years, so don't worry if you find any of them daunting—you'll be able to continue them during a later Halloween celebration with this year's progress intact."

Regarding 'intact', to me that means these achievements won't reset, and therefore the repeatable ones won't change either (i.e. 25 AP is the max whenever you complete them).

@Day Trooper.3605 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:My money is on them coming back but probably they will be reset again, meaning if you have maxed them now for 5 repeats they will prob reset again and you can do 5 repeats again for more AP, so yeah you should prob grind them now if its AP you want.

Anet states "These achievements are intended to return in future years, so don't worry if you find any of them daunting—you'll be able to continue them during a later Halloween celebration with this year's progress intact."

Regarding 'intact', to me that means these achievements
won't
reset, and therefore the repeatable ones won't change either (i.e. 25 AP is the max whenever you complete them).

Anet has stated many things over the years that over time they have then backtracked on or totally disregarded, I don't trust a word they say, better be safe than sorry and finish those achieves now imo, by the time next year comes around they could just completely change their position, wont be the first time.

@Vyrulisse.1246 said:Pretty sure they will. It's literally impossible to finish the daily one that grants skins and has a max of 100 AP.

???

Which one are you talking about? All dailies are doable, and the Fright one where you receive the choice of a skin or bags can easily be achieved as well by doing three dailies.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Which one are you talking about? All dailies are doable, and the Fright one where you receive the choice of a skin or bags can easily be achieved as well by doing three dailies.

Even of the Mad King achievement can be repeated 10 times, 10 AP and a Halloween skin for every repetition, maximum of 100 AP, but you can continue to get all skins. Each repetition requires finishing the Halloween Fright daily 5 times, this means you need a total of 50 days to finish this achievement (plus more days to get the rest of the skins). Obviously Halloween doesn't last 50 days.

Look at how they did it with last wintersday. It seems they don't want any one-time, blink and you miss it AP achieves anymore. I'd not expect them being reset next Halloween.

Archived