Guild & Small/solo Metrics

shiri.4257

This is going to make alot of people butt hurt. I am proposing a greater emphasis on Guild Rankings and Solo Rankings.

The server is just a place for guilds to gather, but we need weekly/monthly/linking related (1 of the 3) guild rankings for various categories. Guild Identity > Server Identity.

Guild Rankings1) Kills (cleaves)- how many your guild was able to cleave2) Kills (stomps)- how many our guild was able to stomp3) Deaths (i want to know who my biggest rally bots are)4) Camp, Tower, Keep, SMC Caps (T1=X points, T2=Y Points, T3=Z points)5) Camp, Tower, Keep, SMC defenses held (claim timed, some adjustments on how claiming should work. Claims need to be refreshed every 2/4/6 hours, or else another guild can claim it. If noone takes over claim, it is still yours)

Solo or Small team rankings (<5)1) Kills (cleaves2) Kills ( stomps)3) Deaths- we wanna see who the greatest rally bot is NA4) Camp caps/ Yaks slapped5) Sentries/Guards Killed

Score sheet per matchup and a guild hall craftable and upgradable item to track it in our personal GH. This is all for the glory of the epeen. Please forward this to santa, thank you anet.

How do you define that your guild has capped an objective or defended it? Like, if a 50 man zerg took hills unopposed and you also happened to have a 10 man guild raid coming in at 80% capped, did your guild cap it?

Also, how does deaths equal rallybots? What happens if your guild has one player that run around solo for the 2 hours the rest of the guild is standing AFK in spawn before the raid starts, raking up 20+ deaths fighting 1v20 trying to defend stuff? And then when the raid ends, everyone has died maybe 5 times and him none, but since he has died 20+ times before he is the rallybot? How do you differ playing in the guild from the guild members playing WvW?

Why do we need these things? Active players on each world (and often on opposition worlds) know which guilds are responsible for large scale successes. More importantly, if the metrics on these things were displayed, we'd have guilds doing nothing but killing guards or yaks, just to get on the leaderboards.

I can see why some people like this sort of thing, but it's hard to see how it's good for the game in general.

Let's suppose open blob captures the tower. There are 20 players, each from different guild. Which guild gets the score from capturing it? All of them? None of them?

The defending could become even more messy. Who did what exactly, shot ac, repaired the wall, ran in dollies with sups. Many players, many guilds, some people die on purpose to prevent lord capture while some still duel outside the gate. Very difficult to put numbers on these, and then divide numbers between every guild involved.

In worst case, guilds do not want to go defend against larger enemy because it reduces their rating. They rather sit at wp and wait for small enemy group to run over.

the only thing i want here is a number how often i got stomped and how often i did stomp, everything else doesnt say enough out of context. oh and a stomp mastery for wvw ofc :D

additonally i dont understand why small teams dont have towers and keeps in their list, i took nearly as many towers and keeps solo yesterday as i took camps. and yes the number was greater than the amount of fingers i have.

@Dawdler.8521 said:How do you define that your guild has capped an objective or defended it? Like, if a 50 man zerg took hills unopposed and you also happened to have a 10 man guild raid coming in at 80% capped, did your guild cap it?

Also, how does deaths equal rallybots? What happens if your guild has one player that run around solo for the 2 hours the rest of the guild is standing AFK in spawn before the raid starts, raking up 20+ deaths fighting 1v20 trying to defend stuff? And then when the raid ends, everyone has died maybe 5 times and him none, but since he has died 20+ times before he is the rallybot? How do you differ playing in the guild from the guild members playing WvW?

1) Doesn't matter if its 50 or 20. you lost the claim its over. you got ran over by 50, you are still dead. WvW was not designed to be fair. Capture will be determined by claim priority. just like the current claiming system. Various towers will be more hotspots but flip alot faster to get the Kills (ie: Durios/anz, so fight guilds might be more inclined to claim those among smc) Defensive guilds will probably prioritize claiming keeps. The defensive metric could just be how many ticks your guild had the claim. If your guild member likes to suicide run 1v20, thats his personal life choices and your guild's accountability on how you want to play. not my problem. This is just proposing methods to internally measure our own performances.

2) if your guild fancies killing guards//yaks which many pvx/roaming guild do to get fights. it gives them a metric to see who is going around doing that stuff. killing a guard with 20 people, u would still only get 1 for your guild. perhaps its highest dps or last hit. whichever may choose, either way it would be abused but at least we can see whos roaming around and havoc

3) The kill/stomp is simple enough. Not perfect, but last hit from X guild gets the kill or first to stomp. The system of 1 down = 1 rally can associate with said person that got last hit on them?

Why are guild metrics needed? To measure guild performance in various areas of wvw and individual players. We want to know who we are hunting in a wvw matchup and who is hunting us. Having metrics gives us a way to quantify guilds and players vs self induced perception.

4) Having guild and individual metrics may inadvertently shift the emphasis away from servers and more towards organized guilds/alliances, whether they be big or small. The guilds can measure up each other as an alliance of sorts.

@shiri.4257 said:1) Doesn't matter if its 50 or 20. you lost the claim its over. you got ran over by 50, you are still dead. WvW was not designed to be fair. Capture will be determined by claim priority. just like the current claiming system. Various towers will be more hotspots but flip alot faster to get the Kills (ie: Durios/anz, so fight guilds might be more inclined to claim those among smc) Defensive guilds will probably prioritize claiming keeps. The defensive metric could just be how many ticks your guild had the claim. If your guild member likes to suicide run 1v20, thats his personal life choices and your guild's accountability on how you want to play. not my problem. This is just proposing methods to internally measure our own performances.That... makes absolutely no sense. I wasnt talking about getting "ran over by 50" and I have no idea I you could read my sentence into a claim of WvW being designed to be fair.

Going by claim priority to determine whether your "guild" captured something - something worthy going on record no less - is laughable. I cant even begin to count the many times we've been 3 guys in my guild and a couple of randoms fighing and taking a camp then dont get the claim, its instead given to some random guild not even present. The point in my example would be a 10 man leeching of a zerg, taking the claim.

Defensive metric being based on how long you hold an objective is even more laughable since its 99% likely to not be defended by the guild that has the claim, successfully or otherwise.

Your method of metrics seems to be based around giving guilds all the credit for... everything. Its not going to measure performance, its going to measure who's the best leecher.

That guild member who likes to "suicide run" is the type of player that will be defending your claims yet you instantly belittle that character. Kind of says it all.

Archived