Salvage kits

Tifa.6473

@Tifa.6473 said:Anet can you please make salvage kits stackable to free up space in our banks.

They can't. Kits are individual 'gizmos' with a "use count"; despite the fact that they look the same, they are unique objects. (Source: other posts from ANet regarding this very topic.) The obvious solution is the Copper-Fed and Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matics. The first is nearly everyone's top choice for convenience items: one CFSoM in a shared inventory slot is a huge space, time, and (indirectly) cost saver. The Silver-Fed is less financially appealing for those who salvage lots of rares/exotics & have more than 20-30 mystic forge stones.

For Ascended Sal Kits, we are skritt-out-of-luck. There are options to combine unused 5-use kits into 20, but no way to combine partially used kits of any size. They'd have to create a new mechanic before they can improve the QoL generally :(

Sorry that there isn't better news.

I'm curious about the wording of the request... "to free up space in our banks"? What kind of salvage kits are you creating, and why are you storing them in the bank when you can easily purchase kits from a vendor (which are always near your bank) to use as-is or to combine with mystic forge stones as needed (and mystic forge stones take up only one slot in your bank and stack to 250). Some more context would be educational.

Buy this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Copper-Fed_Salvage-o-Matic

Put i in one of these: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shared_Inventory_Slot

Realise that you just spent 10-20 Euro/dollars on digital items and feel bad for like 5 seconds. Experience the synergy ingame and wonder why you never had this idea in the first place. Hold yourself back from spending dozens of Euro/dollars more on other convenience stuff.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, OP has acquired a plethora of Black Lion Salvage Kits, as I have. /shrug

When I've had that problem I just start using them on all rares and exotics instead of saving them for exotics with valuable upgrades. I never buy Black Lion Kits so 'wasting them' like this isn't an issue for me and I'd rather have the bank space than so many kits I'll probably never use them up.

For other kits I agree the solution is to avoid buying/making more than you need. I use Mystic Salvage Kits (always made with free Forge Stones) so I only need to keep 1 kit in my inventory at a time. Even while farming the Labyrinth it takes me about a week to get through a Mystic Kit, and then I just make a new one next time I'm in town. (With shared inventory slots you don't even need to pull your main character out of whatever they're doing - just log into an alt to make the kit, drop it in a shared slot and you're good to go.)

Any kit above basic I get free (from level up rewards mainly) is turned into a Mystic kit and crude/basic ones are used on low level alts or deleted if I don't need them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a copper salvage kit already. I have black lion salvage kits that i use on exotics that i want to salvage the runes or sigils out of. So no i won't be deleting them as they have a 100% return rate unlike the copper or silver feed salvage kits.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Perhaps, OP has acquired a plethora of Black Lion Salvage Kits, as I have. /shrug

When I've had that problem I just start using them on all rares and exotics instead of saving them for exotics with valuable upgrades. I never buy Black Lion Kits so 'wasting them' like this isn't an issue for me and I'd rather have the bank space than so many kits I'll probably never use them up.

For other kits I agree the solution is to avoid buying/making more than you need. I use Mystic Salvage Kits (always made with free Forge Stones) so I only need to keep 1 kit in my inventory at a time. Even while farming the Labyrinth it takes me about a week to get through a Mystic Kit, and then I just make a new one next time I'm in town. (With shared inventory slots you don't even need to pull your main character out of whatever they're doing - just log into an alt to make the kit, drop it in a shared slot and you're good to go.)

Any kit above basic I get free (from level up rewards mainly) is turned into a Mystic kit and crude/basic ones are used on low level alts or deleted if I don't need them.

I use mine for Rares and above. I don't even make Mystic Salvage Kits anymore, as I have so many Black Lion Salvage Kits. I just accumulate more BL Kits than I salvage items.

Anyway, it was just a possible answer to the question about having so many kits in the bank.

Archived