Why is it taking so long for textures and npcs to load in?

This is an issue that has been effecting me recently and it never really used to. Sometimes when I change maps, it can take a while for npcs, creatures, scenery and even the floor to load in! I can be standing there being attacked by something I cannot select. Foliage and other environmental details will pop in rather abruptly instead of smoothly coming up as you move along. I could port into LA and the UI will take a while to load up and the mystic forge will just look like a ditch.

I have an I5- 2500, 16g of ram and aGTX 950 card. I have always been able to run GW2 nicely and fps has never really been an issue, but these graphical glitches are driving me crazy. What could be the issue?

From what I've noticed, the biggest limiting factor when it comes to loading times is the speed of your hard-drive. If you have one, try moving GW2 to an SSD.

Besides that I've also noticed an increase in loading times and invisible objects left and right. Most notably are of course the increased loading times in LA, but that should (hopefully) be over when Halloween ends. I believe the mount-issue where your character rides off and the camera stays in place is also related to mount-animations not being loaded yet.

I noticed this as being more prevalent as well recently. I especially noticed it in Dragon's Stand last night during the meta, when it was taking 3-4 seconds to load surroundings, NPCs and creatures. If you spawn in to an active battle area, say due to a DC, 3-4 seconds is enough time for many a creature to put you down before you ever see them. I don't ever remember it happening outside of LA. I have a fairly current system with an i7-7700k processor, nVidia gtx1080, 16gb of RAM and GW2 installed on a 6Gbps M.2 drive, so I don't think it's the system. In LA, if I use the laptop, which is quite a lot older, when I swap to a mount, quite often, the mount takes 3-4 seconds to appear, during which I can still move. I look like I'm dead, but flying, and the camera does not follow me until the mount loads, but see my position on the mini-map changing. I've only noticed this in LA and only on my laptop.

It looks more to me that they're prematurely activating players in to a map before it finishes loading the information in to memory (From both the drive and on-line).

@IseeU.4519 said:How do u mean Justine?

Under graphical options, you can set the "character model limit".

Archived