Add evade to Holo Leap?

Chaba.5410

@Chaba.5410 said:I see complaints about Photon Forge not having any defensive abilities. What do you guys think about making Holo Leap an evade?

That wouldn't be a popular decision since everyone complains about Holo Leap already. I'd trade a damage reduction and a CD increase for an evade though.

Not a fan of evades on charges / leaps. Also, imo PF is a "kit" that is meant to be punishing and punishable, granting additional evades in the offensive mode of Holo seems unfitting. Considering the CD it would make more sense to give sword leap the evade and / or rifle jump shot. Holo leap functions fine as frequent small mobility bost + good damage. A highly increased CD (which would be necessary if evade would be added) would severely cripple Holo's ability to close gaps.

add evade to 3 please :) i know 3 is already a loaded skill (as in a long ass description specially when traited) but i prefer it be 3. a 3/4 sec distortion(more fitting to the skill)also personally i think before touching 2, they need to fix the hit box, i keep missing because the skill doesnt connect some how. even the enemy is right in front of me

also they can make 5 ground target or has a small leap like guardian hammer 2

For the love of all that is healing turret no.

Scrapper is that way ->

And its still working okay.

We do not need to add scrapper on top of holo. Unless you want a repeat of the HOT-engi-nerfs-for-over-a-year-straight again.

Hololeap is a hard hitting, fast recharging and cheap cleave attack with some stickiness to it. The price to pay is an animation that makes eviscerate seem fast. And that's ok, we should have more hard hitting but easy to avoid attacks and we should leave windows open to retaliation. It was stupid enough slapping evade on stuff like surge of the mists and vault in the first place.

@miriforst.1290 said:For the love of all that is healing turret no.

Scrapper is that way ->

And its still working okay.

We do not need to add scrapper on top of holo. Unless you want a repeat of the HOT-engi-nerfs-for-over-a-year-straight again.

Hololeap is a hard hitting, fast recharging and cheap cleave attack with some stickiness to it. The price to pay is an animation that makes eviscerate seem fast. And that's ok, we should have more hard hitting but easy to avoid attacks and we should leave windows open to retaliation. It was stupid enough slapping evade on stuff like surge of the mists and vault in the first place.

I agree on everything except the animation sucking is the price we have to pay. The animation is bad and swiftness/SS is applied before you land which is wasted. Those two things are broken as far as I'm concerned, not features of balance.

Fix those and the skill is fine. Adding anything to it is silly.

Archived