Champions League for WvWvW

Strider Pj.2193

TLDR: make a 'Champions Tier' which would include for 4 weeks the top servers from NA and EU with a third server rotating in from the champions tier.

So... ping would be the largest barrier. Finding a way to host the league on servers that would rotate for the 4 weeks to allow for each server to have a 'home field advantage' with Ping. Several guilds play across time zones in NA and EU and do OK, but logistically, I can see this as being the biggest obstacle.

The winning server in the one up, one down scenario from EU and NA would be the areas rep. It would need to be 4 weeks because of the logistics of one up and one down from that tier 1 matchup.

To prevent bandwagoning, you would have to close any tier one server for transfers regardless of population. Of course it doesn't solve issues with linked servers, but maybe linked servers closeFor the week leading into the champs league Period.

Now, I do not claim to know if EU has a similar problem that NA has with BG, but maybe this changes some servers perspective on tanking.

It would also mean making 1-2 more servers host servers from EU and / or NA. That would likely rotate based on which world won the 4 week tournament. Whichever server came in third for the tournament would drop down at the end of the 4 weeks to be replaced by the winner of that worlds(NA or EU) one up one down grouping.

The ideal in the WvWvW model would be to have a third world involved (i.e. China) though logistically, I can't see that happening.

I don't claim this is a wonderful idea, nor do I think I've thought of all the issues, but having something like an old school 'Hall of Heroes' type situation might freshen the mode up a little. It would bring back tournaments on a small scale and make 'winning' mean more even if it was only for bragging rights.

Thoughts?

Enjoy the lag. > @Sarrs.4831 said:

This seems pretty pointless.The best guilds in NA are on at NA times.The best guilds in EU are on at EU times.It's just Coverage Wars: The Coverage.

Bet NA guilds will have fun killing riversides morning blobs. Or Baruch bay for that matter.

Archived