Did You Want Mounts Implemented into Guild Wars 2?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure the point of this though? Why divide? Mounts are in the expansion. At this point we should be offering ideas on how to balance/enhance them. This just seems like a poll to help one side do a see that's what we thought. Sorry if you really are just interested but some people on either side are quite passionate on it even if I am not. 2 cents.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:Not sure the point of this though? Why divide? Mounts are in the expansion. At this point we should be offering ideas on how to balance/enhance them. This just seems like a poll to help one side do a see that's what we thought. Sorry if you really are just interested but some people on either side are quite passionate on it even if I am not. 2 cents.

Pretty much agree with all of this. But if being divided means I can pillage and loot the BLTC, then give me a sec to light my torch.

@Fermi.2409 said:I really didn't care either way. The game was fine without them but having them will be nice, and new mounts are something that can be added in further expansions

This!I did not want them, but also did not not want them. The Dev's decided they introduce them. And at this moment I really like how it turns out.So yes, atm i want them in the game!

This just popped up in my head.Reward players that have both expansions, by creating a mount for HoT, with HoT masteries?

Btw: I didn't vote, because none of the options are my options.

I didn't want mounts before, but I think now I need to clarify that I didn't want "just" mounts. Mounts that were just there as something flashy to be a movement buff.

What we have now isn't that, it's something better. Movement abilities, gameplay mechanics, and the stuff that comes with those, all in the mount package. That I'm happy with.

I've always been on the view that mounts are an important part of an MMO, not just as a transport device (Always hated the "we have waypoints so don't need mounts" argument), but as a part of the character, customisation, image and style.

This is why I absolutely love ANet's direction with the mounts. They are not just move speed boosters, they are fundamental devices for exploring the new content and, from what we've seen of the PoF story so far, a core part of the narrative.

Heyho,

first i was completly against mounts in GW2. But the way they seems to be implementet changes my mind. They seems not just another simple way to travell, they have their purpose for exploring and individual skills for that case. Also i liked the real organic feeling of the raptor in the demo/stress test. So i i'm looking now forward to them.

@Fermi.2409 said:I really didn't care either way. The game was fine without them but having them will be nice, and new mounts are something that can be added in further expansions

Oh that completely slipped my mind. I should have included an option for those who didn't care that they were implemented, but I don't see a way to edit the poll. . .

Why is this poll shouting at me?

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Leo G.4501" said:I don't see a "I didn't really care either way but after trying them out, I'm happy to have them" option.

That would have been the ideal option for me, as well. But since it wasn't there, I went with "Didn't want them but am OK with them now" option.

That would be me too.

I was 99% sure they wouldn't put them in the game just as a speed boost thing, because if there's 1 thing Anet are consistent on it's doing things differently and never adding something from other games exactly as we've seen it before just for the sake of having it, they always want to put their own spin on it.

But I wasn't sure how they could be different or if it would be a good addition to the game. As it is I think it's an interesting mechanic which is definitely a bonus to have.

Archived