Community suggestions: Ways to use exessive amounts of Fractal Relics.

Incognito.3529

Good day everyone. This thread is my attempt to bring player's feedback related to fractal relics sinks from old forum and potentially generate more good suggestions. I believe its nesseary due to direct request from developers and their attention to this problem.Original discussion

Here is the list of more or less realistic* suggestions:

General:
I. Create high-cost sinks for one-off purchases and focus on cleaning older accounts that have huge relic stockpiles.II. Create low-cost sinks for repeat purchases and focus on slowing the growth of stockpiles in older and newer accounts.by Professor Sprout.1560

Suggestions:I. Reducing the silver cost for purchasing Obsidian shards, (to bring it in line with Living Story Season 3 prices) while potentially increase relic's cost.II. Ways to buy/craft fractal food which will increase player's ability to tailor their fractal builds.III. Recolored models of fractal weaponsIV. Endless Fractal Key, which will allow to open encryptions similar to how Salvage-o-Matics salvage items. Open All + additional functionality?
V. Guild Hall Decorations - Solid Ocean (Crystal Pillars, Walls etc), Space themed elements. (Glowing Ball, Mist Waterfalls, White "lunar" decorations)VI. Infusions with concentration and expertise stats. Cosmetic Infusions.VII. Combat Tonics.VIII. Miniatures.IX. Fractal Outfit(s).

What I consider unrealistic (based on Dev responses): Full armor sets (Its very time consuming for team), mystic coins and anything else having high impact on economy.(We won’t ever let you convert fractal relics in to gold, at least not at any profitable conversion) Anet_Ben.

You welcome to share your ideas.

They have sinks already in place with infusions that can be sold on the TP

Celestial Infusion from BLING chest? Its account bound.

fragments which are used for guild decorations.

Much cheaper to buy Solid Cubes from other players. Its very economically ineffecient to promote fragments to cubes.

fractal reliquary then you have access to a ton of other sinks.

Its 25 relics per day. I have it and its very far away from tons of sinks.

@Incognito.3529 said:

They have sinks already in place with infusions that can be sold on the TP

Celestial Infusion from BLING chest? Its account bound.

fragments which are used for guild decorations.

Much cheaper to buy Solid Cubes from other players. Its very economically ineffecient to promote fragments to cubes.

fractal reliquary then you have access to a ton of other sinks.

Its 25 relics per day. I have it and its very far away from
tons of sinks

Regular infusions. (Just realized these were part of the fractal reliquary). Perhaps Anet could add these to be purchasable by everyone.

A sink is still a sink for the guild decorations. You suggested other guild decorations which would still have a monetary cost to make like the existing ones.

It's a ton of sinks as you will pretty much always have an option to convert relics to something which can be sold.

What it seems like you want is not more sinks but more highly profitable sinks.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:What it seems like you want is not more sinks but more highly profitable sinks.

Not necessarily about profit, but about longevity or usefulness.As one who suggested endless fractal key myself, i'd gladly give up 250k relics for it. Is it an absurd amount ? Yes, but it'd be worth it to me in the long run as i already run a ton of fractals and the last thing i want to do is continually visit the vendor to get the ~3-5keys a day that im shorted.

Infinite Fractal Key...? That's a massive currency depreciation just waiting to happen. Profits on Fractals wouldnt be stunted or halted by the increasing vendor key prices, so you could just indefinitely run fractals and turns huge profits off the infinite Boxes you can generate and open as well as the amount of raw materials and high value Trophy items they hand out. Which would then affect the market on those materials as well as everything else with how much extra gold would be generated thats easily available in a few short Fractal runs.

@Azure.8926 said:Infinite Fractal Key...? That's a massive currency depreciation just waiting to happen. Profits on Fractals wouldnt be stunted or halted by the increasing vendor key prices, so you could just indefinitely run fractals and turns huge profits off the infinite Boxes you can generate and open as well as the amount of raw materials and high value Trophy items they hand out. Which would then affect the market on those materials as well as everything else with how much extra gold would be generated thats easily available in a few short Fractal runs.

"similar to how Salvage-o-Matics salvage items."

Means it cost silver and relics to open encryptions.

The issue with relics is that they have no sustained purchase value. A few items like the infinite potions and fractal tonic take large amounts to obtain, but after you obtain them the relics no longer have a use other than the 30-60 you'll spend a day buying keys from the vendor.

It's much like bloodstone dust before the gobblers. You needed a fair amount for ascended armor, but once you got that it had little use to you and would just pile up.

So what they need is something that's worth spending them on that exceeds how many players get daily. An obvious solution would be more gobblers, and they need to be reasonable and worth-while to obtain, not like the mistake that is the Fractal Reliquary. Another solution would be keys you could buy that cost less silver but more relics.

Thanks for resurrecting the old thread and for including some of Ben's comments

Minor correction: the original thread was on reddit. Sprout ported it to the forums for additional ideas. Here are some of the ideas from there:

• Transmutation charges (either from relics or pristines)
  • Bags of Gear or Mistwarped (although this clearly violates the "no relics to gold" restriction)
  • HoT-stat selectable ascended trinkets (and probably PoF-stats too)
  • Integrated Fractal Matrices (Ben said: interesting)

@Incognito.3529 said:

@Azure.8926 said:Infinite Fractal Key...? That's a massive currency depreciation just waiting to happen. Profits on Fractals wouldnt be stunted or halted by the increasing vendor key prices, so you could just indefinitely run fractals and turns huge profits off the infinite Boxes you can generate and open as well as the amount of raw materials and high value Trophy items they hand out. Which would then affect the market on those materials as well as everything else with how much extra gold would be generated thats easily available in a few short Fractal runs.

Means it cost silver and relics to open encryptions.

Then why not just buy the bloody keys from the vendor in the first place. You are already in the area for it if you are doing Fractals and the temp keys wont eat inventory space like a permanent one that your spending silver per open on anyways.

@Azure.8926 said:Then why not just buy the bloody keys from the vendor in the first place. You are already in the area for it if you are doing Fractals and the temp keys wont eat inventory space like a permanent one that your spending silver per open on anyways.

The same reason i don't buy salvage kits in every zone ?Convenience is worth paying for. It might not be something you'd pay for, but keep in mind others are willing to use the various thousands of relics we have on it.

@Incognito.3529 said:

Means it cost silver and relics to open encryptions.If the price is the same as the vendor I can see this as a perfect convenience item. People that have too many relics anyway can spend them to have their own portable fractal key vendor, people that don't have that many relics get keys for the same price but need to walk up to the vendor to get them.

I mentioned this in the prior thread, but might as well mention it here. I think something like consumable teleportation charges would fit well thematically with fractals. For example, you could buy a consumable item that teleports you to the wood spot in Malchor's leap. This wouldn't exactly be fractals to gold, it is time gated so its not like huge stock piles of relics could be converted quickly, more so a convenience item for players who do gathering runs.

You could also have other convenient teleports that you could purchase, these could be based on the available pve dailies of the day. For example, orr vista viewer daily could make a teleport to a random orr vista consumable available for purchase that day. Maguuma miner daily could unlock a consumable that takes you to an appropriate node, etc.

You could also include some dungeon teleports, as getting alts to those maps for dungeon runs can be annoying.

edit: Also, as far as large one off purchases, fractals do not currently have any type of home node, while ls3 maps each get a home node. You could have something like a 10k relic cost for a nice home node. Idk what the node would give daily.

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:Why not just make ascended back items and salvage those for the "Salvaged Dignity" to sell?

Quote from GW2 wikipedia - Has a very small drop rate. And even if it was 100% chance, with current price of Salvaged Dignity its unprofitable.As someone who get Fractal Reliquary in first days of release Hearth of Thorns, I am well aware, wiki is correct in thise case, drop rate does indeed low.

Maybe the Ascended Reliquary could be like the Leyline Converter, with 1 tab for each Fractal Currency.

Instead being only available with the achievement, it could also be purchasable with fractal relics, and start only with a tab to buy only 1 item with fractal relics daily. Then there would be upgrades you can buy or earn to unlock extra currencies, like a tab for pristine relics, a tab for golden relics, and a tab for Unstable Cosmic Essences.And then upgrades you can buy or earn earn with achievements and challenges to get more daily purchases from each tab and additional entries of random daily items.

And to keep Ascended Recycling relevant, getting the achievement would not only give you the reliquary for free, it'll add +1 daily purchase to each tab, a increase the number of possible daily items in the random list of each tab by 2. And you'd also be able to exchange any surplus reliquaries back for their cost, if you get the achievement after having purchased it already.

This way we'd have another progression system and a source of rewards to works towards in fractals daily.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@Azure.8926 said:Then why not just buy the bloody keys from the vendor in the first place. You are already in the area for it if you are doing Fractals and the temp keys wont eat inventory space like a permanent one that your spending silver per open on anyways.

The same reason i don't buy salvage kits in every zone ?Convenience is worth paying for. It might not be something you'd pay for, but keep in mind others are willing to use the various thousands of relics we have on it.

Thats quite the dumb thing to use as an example. Unlike Salvaging, you can only do fractals in a single zone. So once again, whats the point of the infinite key if the vendor for it is literally a stones throw away. Its not convenience, its being lazy and introducing unnecessary inventory clutter where you have keys from the chests.The Infinite Fractal Potions actually have a legitimate purpose despite falling into my argument because it negates the need to spend currency on them again.

@Azure.8926 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:

Thats quite the kitten thing to use as an example. Unlike Salvaging, you can only do fractals in a single zone. So once again, whats the point of the infinite key if the vendor for it is literally a stones throw away. Its not convenience, its being lazy and introducing unnecessary inventory clutter where you have keys from the chests.The Infinite Fractal Potions actually have a legitimate purpose despite falling into my argument because it negates the need to spend currency on them again.

So do you only salvage in the zones you're in, only salvage when you get items and do it instantly ?Genuinely curious now.

Also i fail to see how an option for players to invest in is introducing clutter, if you don't like the option don't spend your relics on it. Just like i don't stop to buy salvage kits in every zone and salvage immediately on the spot.

@Incognito.3529 said:

@"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:Why not just make ascended back items and salvage those for the "Salvaged Dignity" to sell?

Quote from GW2 wikipedia -
Has a very small drop rate.
And even if it was 100% chance, with current price of Salvaged Dignity its unprofitable.As someone who get Fractal Reliquary in first days of release Hearth of Thorns, I am well aware, wiki is correct in thise case, drop rate does indeed low.

Yeah, it is small, but what else are you doing with the relics? May as well have a go.

Wait, Ive just spend more than 13000 relis into infinite potions, I'll be mad to see new way to sink our relics (now I've got something like 10 ? xD) ...

But, it will be a good way to bring back old player like me into fractals. Cauz once you've got all skins, leg BP, you don't have any incentive to do it daily (Except the low chance of ascended weapon/armor).

Archived