[Suggestion] Change Basic Cleanse skills to Ammo System.

X T D.6458

100% disagree. Condi spam should be tuned way, way down instead. The solution to powercreep is not to just add more, its to reduce the creep. Reducing the number of conditions being thrown around will reduce the need for cleanses, which will intrinsically buff the cleanses already in game.

I disagree for other reasons.

I think the very nature of conditions is to win attrition fights. If condition cleanse is ever greater than application then there's 0 point to have conditions. Now i know WvW and PvP would "Love" that but it's a contradictory result that just brings us right back to the buff condition phase of the circle we were at prior to the June 23 2015 update.

Just to be clear I am not talking about all, or most cleanse skills. I am simply talking about upgrading a few underpowered skills to the ammo system to make them more useful. Smite conditions for example can be updated to be more like Mantra of lore, and thus be more useful for non firebrand Guardians.

Ultimately Anet needs to take a look at every single cleanse skill and trait in the game and redo most of them. I think that they should be made into "specialized" cleanses. Each class would not have 3 types of cleanses: 1 that cleansed damaging conditions only, 1 that cleansed non damaging conditions only, and 1 that cleansed any condition. Some traits or skills could be even more specialized to only removing movement impairing conditions.

For one, this would allow you to take a cleanse that you know would take condition damage off of you. You could guarantee to cleanse a damaging condition, guaranteeing that you are reducing damage pressure on you for the moment. Or if you got immobilized and only had a few stacks of bleed/poison that you could just eat you could specifically target the immobilize to cleanse. It would open up more play on both sides.

Archived