Holosmith- A few bugs: Tool-tip and Animation(one minor, one major) issues

After playing PoF for a while, I have ran into a few bugs on Holosmith:

Tool-tip bug-When equipping the Crystal Configuration: Storm trait, the 1 skill in Forged Mode does not change the damage numbers due to the 10% loss when equipping the trait. The tool tip in the trait window does show 10% loss of damage.

Animation (minor)-When in Forged Mode, Skill number 5 can be interrupted if the user tries to move. Not only does this interrupt the skill, but it makes the player character float a bit and then toward the direction of the movement.

• Replicating bug: This can be replicated easily by going into Forged mode, using the Forged mode 5 skill, and then pressing the forward movement key.

Video:

Animation(major)-When in Forged Mode, after skill 1 is used in the first chain, the next skill will be delayed. The next skill used can be any skill (forge skills, tool belt skills, utility, etc.). Any other part of the skill 1 chain does NOT cause a delay. This bug occurs every part of the game. This delay seems to be about 1/2 of a second or close to 1 second

• Replicating bug: The most common occurrence is going from skill 1, specifically Light Strike, to any other skill in Forged mode. Meaning, if the user activates any other skill after the first chain skill in Forged skill 1 (Light Strike) has completed, there is a high chance that the next skill used, including the next chain skill, Bright Slash, will have a short delay activating.
  • This bug is still effected when quickness is on the player character.
  • This bug doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often. From my testing, it seems to happen the most often when the first hit is Light Strike. Sometimes when the chain comes full circle, the 2nd Light Strike doesn't cause this issue; however, it did happen a few times on the 2nd Light Strike.
  • Reason for being "major": While the average player may not notice much, competitive players in PvP, WvW, and raiders will be impacted due to the pause in animation lowering the chance for proper reactions, a decrease in DPS, or being able to use a surviablity skill. Basically, it interrupts the flow and play of a holosmith player.
  • Replicating is easy as indicated above. Use Light Strike followed by any skill. To compare. Use the full skill chain of Forge mode (skill 1) and use any skill after the 3rd chain skill. The videos shows the animation bug in good detail.

Video of Animation getting "stuck". I autoattack once, then use skill 3. Skill 3 doesn't fire until a moment later.

Video of Animation going smoothly. I autoattack and let the chain hit up to the last skill in the chain, Flash Cutter, then used skill 3. Skill 3 fires immediately.

• Do note that again, the next skill (Bright Slash) in the chain after Light Strike is delayed.

Video of Both "good animation and "bad" animation, side by side (as best I could record it together... don't have any good vid editing software). Left side is the "good" animation where skill 3 fires immediately after the last skill in the chain. The right side is the "bad" animation showing a pause after the first skill, Light Strike, in the chain is used; skill 3 doesn't fully trigger after a pause. Note that the right side plays first, then the left side plays next.

Thanks.

~Drago

Archived