Advanced Crafting Recipes Should Be Hidden

There is a problem with the craft filter, or better yet a contradiction. If I am a Novice I should not be able to see the Initiate or any other advanced crafting, right? Now, the problem is that the game shows the other crafts and since I cannot uncheck them in the filter settings I keep seen advanced crafting and because like I said, seems there is a rule that since I am not in an advanced craft I am not able to mess with the filters. So or the filter's rules are wrong or something is missing like hide the advanced recipes regardless of filter settings when I am not in that advanced crafting. (A reminder: The filters are global, means that unchecking in one character will uncheck in all of them.)

Image: http://oi67.tinypic.com/wcbw36.jpg

Certain recipes show when you're one rank below, the idea being you learn what you're working for (and gives you an opportunity to collect the necessary items).

Advanced recipes are now learned for the account, so they'll tend to show for all characters, even those who can't use them yet. That's not really a bug or an account issue; it's just the result of improving Quality of Life for the account, at the expense of character QoL.

Generally speaking, though, most players agree that the filters are primitive and need work (which is why there are usually 1-2 suggestions about improving them in the discussion forum). In the meantime, I use the text filter to find what I want. For refining ascended mats, I type asc, for refining wood, I type log and so on. Much better than using the filters to try and hide stuff, at least for me.

Archived