Elonian Centaurs

Tyrone Jones.3724

I doubt time and Elona's turbulent events were kind to the Veldrunner tribe, so even if they still survive to this day - and avoided getting all killed and turned into undead/Awakened cavalry (an idea that Joko was very fond of in GW1 and before) - then they've most likely withdrawn even from Kourna and sought refuge elsewhere.

On the other hand, the close cousins of the Veldrunner, the Losaru tribe might still be around in the oases of the Crystal Desert - if they didn't all get branded during Kralky's second migration south.

The Veldrunner tribe was in Kourna, but also in great opposition to Joko. If they didn't fall to Joko's reign, they'd undoubtably be south or southeast of where the in-game world map currently is. They are most likely enslaved, killed, or retreated elsewhere to avoid the former two outcomes (perhaps east of Kourna).

If we're going to see our gazelle-like centaur "friends", it'll be the Losaru tribe of the northern Crystal Desert.

@Assic.2746 said:According to GW1 Nightfall centaurs were used as mounts by Undead/Awakened. I would like to see that or at least a few awakened centaurs.

My understanding is that it was more that Awakened centaurs were used as cavalry by Joko - there were no instances of other Awakened riding Awakened centaurs in Nightfall, but there certainly were centaurs among the Awakened. (Interestingly, though, they were all spellcasters, while the 'Awakened Cavaliers' were infantry. So it's possible that Awakened warbands effectively fought as dragoons, dismounting for combat.)

Archived