But but... Rytlock didn't tell us what he saw in the Mists... (PoF spoilers)

Michram.6853

In "The Sacrifice" Rytlock found out that he accidentaly freed Balthazar then we see the cinematic. But it looked like Rytlock was kinda surprised by this...

Then during the story when we were in Glint's Lair he said that Glint taught him how to be a revenant. But it still doesn't clear anything up.

I don't know... In the expansion trailer we hear Rytlock's saying that "he found something else". But perhaps it was just misleading because the devs didn;t want to spoil anything ("somebody else"? that would spoil everything xD), but perhaps it wasn't a trick?

What did Rytlock truly see in the Mists?

I can't believe this "Glint taught me how to be a revenant" is something that you can hide for so long! Rytlock... what the hell are you hiding, bro?

Also did you see how Rytlock was behaving throughout our journey in the Desert? He was keep running out of topic... "I need a win", "Canach needs bath", ""Glad to have you back" and keep repeating what things the cubs are doing in Black Citadel... He was different in Season 3... He was more serious, now he just plays with everything he sees. And this weird explanation that he saw chained man, freed him, so he freed every trapped soul there?

Rytlock is weird and I hope he'll finally tell us what's going on...

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:His story of being inside the Mists might not be complicated but his story of learning Revenant powers is going to be complicated and in all likelihood takes place in Tyria. We have no idea where Balthazar's portal took Rytlock so whatever story is involved there also involves Glint.

Balthazar's portal took rytlock back to tyria, specifically to maguuma at the beggining of the HoT expansion. Because of this, he must have encountered glint and learned the revenant magic before getting the sword back.

@Mickey Frogeater.1470 said:His story of being inside the Mists might not be complicated but his story of learning Revenant powers is going to be complicated and in all likelihood takes place in Tyria. We have no idea where Balthazar's portal took Rytlock so whatever story is involved there also involves Glint.

He claims, in the PoF Glint's Lair story step, that he learned his revenant powers from Glint (either her spirit or her imprint in the Mists).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:That portal likely didn't take him directly to the Maguuma, given that he enters that portal without a blindfold. However, given he has new armor he likely met Glint before meeting Balthazar, if his new armor is meant to reflect him becoming a revenant.

Not too sure of that, though my guess is mostly based on rytlock's reaction when he appeared on maguuma (he celebrates "being back").

so Rytlock jumped into the mists,found Glint,became a revenant,got new armorwent looking for his swordfinally found it, extinquished.but it got reignited by the rearby chained man.He freed the man.The he found a way back out (maybe with help of now unchained man)

maybe it works like this: close your eyes, focus and the portal apears to where you want to. But he needed his sword back first before he could do that.

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:so Rytlock jumped into the mists,found Glint,became a revenant,got new armorwent looking for his swordfinally found it, extinquished.but it got reignited by the rearby chained man.He freed the man.The he found a way back out (maybe with help of now unchained man)

maybe it works like this: close your eyes, focus and the portal apears to where you want to. But he needed his sword back first before he could do that.

And whats about others he met- Dwarf, Demon etc. He said that the Mists are full of villains or something like that when he returned.

Also according to the cinematic he enters the portal without his new armor, blindfold.

I think it was like that:

1) Rytlock enters the Mists, 1st of all cleanse Ascalon2) Sohothin is being extinguished because of that and it disappear, also exactly where Balthazar is chained (still weird...)3) Rytlock frees Balthazar, Balthazar was looking like he want to use a portal, but I think he stayed for a while to find Lyssa's mirror, or Lyssa gave this mirror to him (somehow)4) when he entered the portal he found Dwarf, Demon, Centaur, Assassin etc and at last he found Glint and she showed him where he needs to be, what's going on in Tyria and she showed him a true portal to his world.

Also there is a"between"- what happened between his cleanse and Sohoting being extinguished.

Also what Glint said to him is still unknown.

And this sword appeared exactly where Balthazar... Two explanations:1) Sohothin has divine origins and it doesnt release Ice (Grenth's magic) or plants (Melandru's magic), so it looks like the sword found his 1st wielder or somebody who gave the power to it when Balthazar was still in Tyria before Exodus.2) Lyssa manipulated where the sword landed and manipulated the portal and where it leaded. Balthazar said (as Rytlock said) that the portal leaded to home, but what if somebody was manipulating it? Or Balthazar was lying? But he called Rytlock "friend".

Anyway I think it was Glint that showed him a way home, not Balthazar.

but he already has his new armor when he finds the sword, looks like he already was a revenant at that time. I think he found glint first, and then after becoming a revenant continued searching for his sword. and only after findng the sword, he used glints knowledge on how to get out (close eyes, focus on where you want to go), can explain why he apeared right at the battle with the phrase "im back" , he knew where he would end up.

@"Amanda Whitemoon.6173" said:but he already has his new armor when he finds the sword, looks like he already was a revenant at that time. I think he found glint first, and then after becoming a revenant continued searching for his sword. and only after findng the sword, he used glints knowledge on how to get out (close eyes, focus on where you want to go), can explain why he apeared right at the battle with the phrase "im back" , he knew where he would end up.

right, but how did he get his blindfold? is there any shop between the Mists and Maguuma? Or Trading Comapny maybe? xD

Archived