Magic-Warped Packets and Bundles worth getting?

The green-rarity (I think "packets") are better than the yellow-rarity bundles in general. You have a much higher chance of dropping the tradable ascended mats (elonian leather, spiritwood planks, deldrimoor steel, etc.) which tend to be more valuable than the things you get from the bundles. I remember hearing that it's a 1/10 chance for them to drop, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. For myself personally, I found myself more often than not spending on average a gold or two less buying the packets than I would have just buying straight from the TP.

I buy those in bundles of 10. I usually get a t7 out of it but sometimes not and I don't think I've ever gotten 2 from a bundle of 10 so chances are probably a bit below 1/10.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4y8gyu/the_worth_of_unbound_magic_blood_rubies_and/ actual value is no longer current but probabilities should still be relevant.

@Khisanth.2948 said:I buy those in bundles of 10. I usually get a t7 out of it but sometimes not and I don't think I've ever gotten 2 from a bundle of 10 so chances are probably a bit below 1/10.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4y8gyu/the_worth_of_unbound_magic_blood_rubies_and/ actual value is no longer current but probabilities should still be relevant.

The wiki claims 0.06 (6%) droprate for at least the d. steel and e. leather, and that seems more or less accurate based on what I've done. I tend to do bundles of 10/12 as well and have gotten two drops on rare occasions.

After selling the contents (and Evon takes his fees), the Bundles are worth about 1.7g and the packets about 0.80g per 1000 unbound. About 8% of the Bundle value comes from Mystic Clovers, but even removing that, the bundles are still worth more. (Remember to buy in Ember Bay: the gold costs are less, at the expense of higher cost in unbound; it works out to a better value per unbound.)

However, note that 30k unbound isn't enough for you to expect 'average' results. That's barely enough for 25 bundles or 125 packets; you need at least 1000 containers before it's reasonable to predict many 'good' drops in your results — if you're even slightly unlucky, you'll end up with a lot less than 'average'.

In other words, my recommendation is: the OP shouldn't drop 30k unbound on either packets or bundles. Save them for now(For anyone with 300k unbound, go for the bundles, especially if you might want Mystic Clover some day.)

Other data:

They were actually my main source of income before the PoF mat price crash killed them for me.

Before I was averaging 3-5g profit per bundle, it was very rare to get a bundle that didn't at least make its 1g back. (of course will vary on luck, maybe I was just lucky). I tended to save up and get them in 10's.

But since PoF the mat price drop has really killed them for me, can still make money from them, but it's a bit riskier, and not as much profit as before. The same mats are worth about half the price in a lot of cases, so half the profits! If you get a maguuma lily those have gone up, but they are pretty rare.

So I'm just holding onto my unbound magic for now in the hope that the mats go back to pre PoF prices to make them worthwhile again.

Archived