Suggestion for a Condition/Boon rework in PvP/WvW

Crystal Black.8190

Hello i would like to suggest a possible condition/boon rework.

Resistance: Stacks in Intensity. Conditions can not be applied to you. Incoming conditions and corrupts remove a stack of resistance.

• Currently Resistance is a all or nothing boon and can hardly be balanced. If it works more like stability it can protect you from future conditions and corrupts while condition dealer still have the possibility to break through it. Also it gives a in my opinion much needed counter for corruptions so you can protect your boons for some time. Skills that still need a condition immunity effect can get a independent effect, so skills like Signet of Renewal or Save Yourselves! dont become a death sentence for you or your pet.

Protection: Reduces incoming direct damage. Reduces incoming condition damage.

• With the lack of condition immunity protection can help against heavy condition pressure. Honestly i dont know why this isnt allready the case.

Confusion: No longer deals damage over time. Confusion deals damage if you use a skill.

• Let's restore confusion to its old state. While confusion wasnt very usefull in PvE it was usefull in PvP. I think a Split between the way confusion works in PvE and PvP/WvW would be helpfull.

Torment: Similar to confusion this skill no longer deals damage over time. Instead it only deals damage if you move.

Poison: Reduce healing and boon duration per stack by x%.

• Depending on the implementation the amount can vary. If we assume a exponential implementation we could aim for 10% per stack. This way 3-4 stacks would equal the current 33% reduction. Ever further stack still reduces the amount of healing and boon duration but never completely negates it. The downside is it could be confusing for sme players if they assume a additive implementation. Damage of poison could be lowered to move it more in the control-corner.

Weakness: Endurance regeneration decreased by 50%. 50% of hits are Glancing Blows (50% damage). Stacks duration.

• Glancing Blows now have their condition duration and damage reduced. Direct damage dealers lose a lot of damage if they are affected by weakness, because they cant crit and only deal half their damage. If it also affect condition dealers there is a way to lower their damage of future attacks.

Bleeding and Burning:

• These should be the main damage sources for condition dealer, while confusion, torment and poison are for controlling your enemy. While bleeding should be a constant source of damage while burning is a short term burst.If the damage of other conditions is lacking/reduced these are increased. You could think about a mechanic that lets bleeding deal more damage the longer the stack lasts. E.g. the first tick deals 50 damage the second tick 75 the third 100. So conditions that arent cleansed deal more damage than now if they last for their entire duration.

The reality is that multiple classes are dependent on conditions. To nerf them that hard would throw balance off a cliff. The heavy armor classes, ( other than rev, ) are quite strong in there own right. Warrior for example can be immune to conditions for long periods. If conditions were nerfed, warrior would become near invincible to light armor and some thieves.

We need more strategy and management in the game rather than less. Chopping back conditions would make Warrior and Guard so simple as to be autopilot to play.That seems to be the major problem with Scourge atm, it's too easy. There's too little risk and too much reward.

This is a learning issue. There are already tremendous block, immunity and cleanse in the game. Use them.

@Seteruss.4058 said:Resolve:Stunned opponent cannot stunned twice for a period of time.Getting stunned to death is awful.Need a resolve bar with a cd.

In that matter going to describe what i saw in a different game in pvp.When 1 enemy gets stunned he can again get stunned but he gets 25% dmg reduction and more stuns and stun locking caused that dmg reduction to go to 100%.They had that setting in place to prevent mindless CC spamm one after another.

Or another example if you have condition on since we are in a condi spamm meta.Any dmg recieved should get you out of stun,daze and any other CC option.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:The reality is that multiple classes are dependent on conditions.

http://savenewport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/wrong-trump-1-660x330.png

in reality almost every class is is based on power at basics and every class is good on power but problem is starting in for exemple in necro power where his every skill have long cast time af and this not allowing him to play against better players because its to easy to always interrupt him like in thief daredevil vault spam build its just to easy to get out from this and its really hard to just hit with this powerfull skill on someone

resistance suggestion is ok but Skills that still need a condition immunity effect can get a independent effect is a big no .last thing we need is more war stance without counter like they used to be .

Protection: Reduces incoming direct damage. Reduces incoming condition damage.nope , no build should counter both dmg source by having high protection uptime . and the classes with high protection uptime already have a lot of condition removal .

Poison: Reduce healing and boon duration per stack by x%.before poison became the deadly dmg condition , it was strong enough , the only reason anet did what they did is coz pve reasons .we do not need to make poison even stronger even with lower dmg .the classes who can apply a lot poison are necro , thief and ranger .all of them do not need this kind of buff .

Weakness changesagain we do not need a new build that counters both condition and direct damage .

burn / bleed changesburn is already ridiculous op .and again not every classes have bleed and burn as their main dmg source (mesmer )in pvp . we do not need to make every class same .nerf individual abilities that apply condition . that's all you need .

the first tick deals 50 damage the second tick 75 the third 100.we don't want to play around UI more than we already do .and it's harder for server to track dmg in pve . not to mention it requires a rebalance to all bleed duration since duration will mean a lot more dmg than stack after change . bleed is fine . leave it alone . they can already balance around stack vs duration . no need such complicated system .

too much system overhaul when the problem is simply condition removal , resistance are too strong , so does condition burst . just nerf both side and rework resistance.

What I've wondered for quite a while; why does resistance not work just like protection, 33% reduction of condition DAMAGE, instead of immunity to ALL conditions? And then spread it's availability out to equal the availability of protection (not "get both with the same traits and skills, but add it to and equal amount so as to be a ready alternative). And although I hate getting movement impaired just as much as anyone, it should not have any effect on those conditions. (Speaking of which, I feel Chill should not reduce both movement speed and cool-down recharge, and since cripple already reduces movement speed, chill should only effect recharge. Top it off with making alacrity and actual boon and allow the rest of the classes access to it.)

@Ithilwen.1529 said:The reality is that multiple classes are dependent on conditions..

Beyond disagree with this one. Hell I'm running a power scourge and it's epic fun in pvp. Conditions after having confusion deal damage and torment deal damage without a skill or a movement just made cheese noober builds epic. I guess anet needs to add in as much cheesy conditions as it can to attract more people. In reality all classes have a power build and just after HoT conditions became a massive plague on pvp. To this day every class even ele has a power build. Conditions pre HoT were not too bad. The "Block burn burn block block trap block block block" is the first major lol conditions build that got popular quick.

You sir are just incorrect.

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:The reality is that multiple classes are dependent on conditions..

Beyond disagree with this one. Hell I'm running a power scourge and it's epic fun in pvp. Conditions after having confusion deal damage and torment deal damage without a skill or a movement just made cheese noober builds epic. I guess anet needs to add in as much cheesy conditions as it can to attract more people. In reality all classes have a power build and just after HoT conditions became a massive plague on pvp. To this day every class even ele has a power build. Conditions pre HoT were not too bad. The "Block burn burn block block trap block block block" is the first major lol conditions build that got popular quick.

First, "Sir" isn't appropriate for me. See my signature. Second, I suspect that this may be Sophism. It's possible that each of the new PoF Elites has a usable power build, I'm not sure on that... but to assert that "every" class has a useful power build is not supported by the facts.

Beside that, while it's true that some dislike playing against the additional complication of conditions, that's a learn to play issue. One of the main attractions of GW2 is that it's not, "oh look I swung my sword, oh look I swung my sword again."

The game has already been homogenized to the point that Mesmer, intended to be the most creative and "out there" class, has absolutely nothing it can bring to the table that is not emulated or copied by one or more other classes. ( Ammunition is essentially the same as Continuum Split, in effect. )

Now it is proposed to more or less make conditions unusable. That is the net effect. That would over simplify the game, sideline multiple classes and lower the overall skill level.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:Now it is proposed to more or less make conditions more stable and make the game more fun again That is the net effect. That would Fix the game, sideline multiple cheese builds and bring back a high skill level required

The use of bold letters is quite funny to play with and can be annoying. Fixed what you meant really.

Sorry again but spam spam spam then block/evade/stealth/dodge/mirage cloak/invulnerability then spam spam spam block/evade/stealth/dodge/mirage cloak/invulnerability Spam spam block/evade/stealth/dodge/mirage cloak/invulnerability. All while conditions tick down the enemies HP is not skill. Sounds like you have a passion for cheese condi builds the way you defend them. In reality condi spam spam builds bring the skill level down to where a 3 year old could pick it up and get plat just key smashing. Conq circle dancing was a joke before when gw2 started and they had and still have a toon with a repeatable teleport bow skill. Condi spam spam and block/evade/stealth/dodge/mirage cloak/invulnerability just brings the skill level to where its not playable.

Pre HoT and PoF back when gw2 started it required skill to play because it wasn't spam and condition wars 2. Guild wars 1 was epic because conditions didn't mean insta death. Condi block/evade/stealth/dodge/mirage cloak/invulnerability lacks skill required no matter how you try to rationalize it for yourself. Reality is reality. As aerospace inspector i can only speak reality and it's how I go about life. You should try reality sometime.

I like some of your suggestions. The idea of making bleed/burn the only true dot is good (to be said, it'd been mentioned before). Poison stacking intensity and lowering boon duration is cool. With the bleed/burn idea, I'm ok with the confusion/torment change.

What I don't agree with is resistance. It just needs to be a special buff, something that can't be removed or corrupted. Your suggestion of having it loose duration with every applied boon would never work in WvW. It'd be gone instantly. It needs to be a constant which makes it more reliable and easier to balance.

Of course, all this is just pie in the sky. Game modes would need to be seperated (they honestly already need to seperate them). It would take a major rework from the ground up on Anets part, not only for their game engine, but also balancing all classes to compensate for the changes, every weapon, and all stats. That will never happen.

The only realy rework i would like to see is a change to confusion. Easy version is to simply remove damage without skill use. For me better and funnier one would be to do something as random target swap on skill use.Rest should be done by looking into classes where its mostly not the conditions. at least not alone.OK resistance is a thing to be looked at. Especially in WvW.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

@Ziggityzog.7389 said:

First, "Sir" isn't appropriate for me. See my signature. Second, I suspect that this may be Sophism. It's possible that each of the new PoF Elites has a usable power build, I'm not sure on that... but to assert that "every" class has a useful power build is not supported by the facts.

Beside that, while it's true that some dislike playing against the additional complication of conditions,
that's a learn to play issue.
One of the main attractions of GW2 is that it's not, "oh look I swung my sword, oh look I swung my sword again."

The game has already been homogenized to the point that Mesmer, intended to be the most creative and "out there" class, has absolutely nothing it can bring to the table that is not emulated or copied by one or more other classes. ( Ammunition is essentially the same as Continuum Split, in effect. )

Now it is proposed to more or less make conditions unusable. That is the net effect.
That would over simplify the game, sideline multiple classes and lower the overall skill level.

Again, here we go with mesmer.

Archived