Matchmaking in spvp still use our ranked division ?

Delweyn.1309

In unranked, I play only (well at 90%) against strong or quite good players, as if there is only good players in spvp.

But very bad players still exists and they are often in my team. When I mean very bad, it's people that we crush litterally.

Have people noticed this too ?

Does the game use our number of matches, pvp rank and maybe our latest division to calculate the matchmaking ? Because I see nearly no difference in spvp atm and the lvl of my ennemies when i was in plat. And I play spvp everyday.

It's not that I want to crush everyone everyday. But it's very frustrating. WHen I want to test a newx spe or try a class that I don't master, it's nearly unplayable.

yes I have noticed it...I was in t1 gold and have mostly 3 (if not more) losing m,atches to only 1 win retarded teams against everyone exp losing 500 to 100 or even lesssame is for my friends in silver but for them its even worse in solo matchingone of them yesterday got 11 loses in row until we went in duo for his 1st win and then again...4 loses in row

this is pathetic because it have no problem about 3-5 players grouped..problem is here as we have those loses because in enemies team literally everyone know what to do and how to play in ths in spvp while in our losing teams it is to easy to notice we get just or idiots or players 1st time here and they even have in ass to go cap/decap point even if they are going just next to this lol

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Ranked and Unranked use two completely separate rating and Matchmaking algorithms.

and they should but I dont see to much diference with this team draw..on both ranked and unranked I get mostly lost teams but on unranked its much often with geting unexp/stupid players against everyone exp in enemies, this is problem...this should be somewhere as some players have very very low amount of games played and oter players have hundrets of matches played so why its possibel with team draw to one be with atlest 2 to 3 who dont know how spvp work against everyoine experienced in enemy team when everyone know not only how it work but also how to deal propely with each class\

even when I finlly get to win team on unrank this is same points difference as when Im in lost team...500 points to 100 or less so this difference should tell you this lost taeam definitely had very very bad/unexp playaers against team with everyone good/exp players

Yes from time to time, the game to equilibrate puts you with the strong players. It's exactly the same in ranked matches.

But the real problem is that I never meet very bad players anymore. This category just simply don't exist for me now. And it's problematic when I want to try some new things, as I said.

This is absolutly not mixed.

My win/lose ratio in spvp is exactly the same than when I were in plat.

In spvp I must play every matches like if I were trying to climb the rank. It's annoying.

And I have a lot of loses like 500 to -100.

I think everyone has noticed this.

Is it not possible to play spvp just for relax ? There is already ranked seasons and tournaments. Can we not have a pvp mode to relax ?

Nope because you get blowouts or you roflestomp.

Never the middle.

Three days in a wrong had like 3 wins and like 7 losses with my duo. For what reason you have mmr in unranked, who the hell knows. Why the hell /do/ we have mmr in an area where it shouldn't matter if we win or lose.

I like my matches to be even instead of just utter blowouts. I had new people and then like recent plat players on the other team that had stacked two scourges, Firebrand, spellbreaker, and mesmer. I had bronze players beat teams will having one semi-decent person carry them hard on spellbreaker cause screw rotations right?

Everyone (or the average populace) should be getting a 50/50 win-loss ratio. But when you add 5 other people with that ratio and then you take people with a 60 or 65 percent win ratio and put them on a team, you'll clearly see whose gonna win. Again, idk why Anet implemented that. The elo system doesn't work in unranked. You get poor quality matches because it's scrambling to try to pair people up and then fails to implement balance on both side.

At the end of the day you are not practicing. You are either crushing someone or being crushed .

That might be because of your ranked/unranked ratio...I have 2k games in ranked and a little less than 1k in unranked. I can notice the difference, most of my games are faceroll in unranked. I play thief, so hard carry can be really easy...

Btw if you want to test things against players that have no clue how to play just go custom games and click play now....I find unranked relaxing enough though. Even core power D/D thief works in there ^^

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Ranked and Unranked use two completely separate rating and Matchmaking algorithms.

This but chances you eventually qualify in the same percentiles in both.

The matchmaking for unranked is probably just a lot forgiving and sometimes create really imbalanced matchups in an attempt to reduce queue time during off-peak times, but its still there.

I have it reversed. I had 1k games in either side because I've only been playing the game for two years. Some days are good, some are bad, but Christ almighty this week has been pretty cringey.

Again, I'm alright. Been a gold 3 player working my way up to wanting to be plat at some point, but damn when you sit there and watching two go far and another afk, it kinda makes practicing a tad bit harder.

A lot harder. If I want to try a new class or a new spe, I get always ganked.

You may notice this with few matches but I can tell you that with 9764 games played and a pvp lvl of 333, every matches I do are very pressuring. No space to try new things. It's not interesting at this point, it's just boring and when my mates get crushed I don't have the will to finish the games.

@Delweyn.1309 said:This is absolutly not mixed.

My win/lose ratio in spvp is exactly the same than when I were in plat.

In spvp I must play every matches like if I were trying to climb the rank. It's annoying.

And I have a lot of loses like 500 to -100.

I think everyone has noticed this.

Is it not possible to play spvp just for relax ? There is already ranked seasons and tournaments. Can we not have a pvp mode to relax ?

I understand that feeling completely though. On week days i only have 2 hours of free time flat, i go to class from 8AM to 11AM then work from 2PM to 10PM. I usually do my crafting dailies and try to sneak a few unranked games to get my dailies done. I manage to do it most of the time but had a streak of like 3 days where i wouldn't be able to get a remotely even game within that timeframe. Like i enjoy a good challenge but i really couldn't care less to face streamers (Chaith a few times :p) or super high end players just to get my 2 goddamn gold pieces lol. But it is what it is.

pvp is a fun mode for numerous players, even if they don't do it as main activity. But how the system works is just insane for players who play since a long time and have played numerous pvp matches.After a moment, they face a non comprehensible wall, in spvp. It's just stupid.

Archived