Boon (Retaliation) Duration?

AlphaWolvesGamer.5790

I'm currently working on a Retaliation build for my Guardian, so that I can play a supportive DPS with my friends. I was wondering, is 100% Boon Duration plausable, and even worth it? Considering Guardians gain +50 Crit Chance and +250 Ferocity from Retaliation, is it possible to have retaliation 100% uptime? (I already have 96% Crit Chance with Sigil of Accuracy, 81% Chance if I choose to run Greatsword instead of Sword/Torch + Axe/Shield).

Is there an Armor Set/Mix that gives Power, Ferocity, (preferably) Toughness and Boon Duration? Toughness because one of my masteries gives Power based on Toughness. I really like Tanky builds, and with Wanderer, I can get to about 166% Crit Damage with 70% Boon Duration, but I'm stuck. Please help! I really want to make an interesting Radiant Firebrand Guardian.

You can essentially take the radiant hammer build from metabattle's pvp section and tweak it for pve. Realistically you don't actually need 100% retaliation uptime because there'll be very rare situations where you are actually in combat 100% of the time. You have a plethora of ways to get retaliation so just use that to pad up your critical chance while in combat. You can get 100% without sigils already. 50 from retaliation, 15 from one hand strength, 10 from burning targets, 5 from base (even though it says 4) and 20 from fury (meditations makes this easy)

You don't need any boon duration for a perma-retal Firebrand.

Using the Greatsword symbol, Hallowed Ground and the elite mantra is already almost 94% uptime. Then, you can pick Healer's Retribution or take the Virtues traitline (+25% retaliation duration as a minor trait) for 100% uptime.

As for your crit chance, you have 5% base, Radiance gives you 60%, a berserker Greatsword with Sigil of Accuracy is another 15%, for a total of 80%. With fury, you have 100% crit chance.

Oh, it looks like I was mistaken, I forgot to calculate the 10% from attacking a burning foe (Considering how easy it is to do with Guardian) from Radiance. So considering that's 5% base + 60% Radiance +7% Accuracy, +20% Fury = 92% Crit Chance, which should be easy to push into 100%.

So, for armor base stats, I guess Valkery Armor? or a Mix of Valk with Cavalier?

Archived