What got you into Guild Wars 2? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What got you into Guild Wars 2?

Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

After checking out that 85% topic, I just been curious of at least the people on the general board on what kind of pulled them into Guild Wars 2. Not really why they stayed or enjoyed, but more of what made you go, "I think I might be interested in this game."

What got you into Guild Wars 2? 321 votes

The trailers/teasers for the game/expansion before/after it was released.
5%
Razor.6392Erulogos.2591DietPepsi.4371Ohoni.6057KTap.4381killermanjaro.5670Chip.9267Myrdreth.6829MarkoNS.3261AstralDusk.1670cklin.1570Halbarz.3854Caiden.9074Kdx.7801Asura Master Race.1593Pockethole.5031Brogoma.5140MinorThreat.9523 18 votes
Years ago, there was those free trial weekends. Doesn't hurt to try a game free before buying.
1%
notebene.3190ShamRain.4168Ayumi Spender.1082Halan.8951 4 votes
After the game went free to play, I was more intrigued to try it out.
1%
mikansei.5742Aira.7360Lilyanna.9361Mahou.3924 4 votes
I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.
41%
maddoctor.2738nottsgman.8206Kheldorn.5123Haishao.6851Just a flesh wound.3589Arioch.6507Jonny.6013IndigoSundown.5419Dante Stormwind.3794ThomasC.1056crashburntoo.7431skullmount.1758jheryn.8390Ashantara.8731BunjiKugashira.9754RoseofGilead.8907DeanBB.4268Traced.3495Inculpatus cedo.9234Grebcol.5984 134 votes
A friend/partner/boss/pet/demon/voice told me I should try it.
21%
Seera.5916Menadena.7482SilverWolfAkira.1024meeflak.9714Sciva.4865Rauderi.8706Shampanix.3928Daedalus.4193hornswroggle.8023Sirius Lemuria Draconis.7864Sodeni.6041Sciger.1679Asztarte.2957Donari.5237Alatar.7364Ayrilana.1396Hevoskuuri.3891Shrimpkin.4851BlueBudgie.2179Nox Lucis.8341 69 votes
Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the PvE aspect.
3%
TheRandomGuy.7246Danikat.8537Khailyn.6248Hitlit.7630Opopanax.1803battledrone.8315Yuyuske.7182Veprovina.4876Lucipher.3014Mawtaw.7432Myhr.9108 11 votes
Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the PvP aspect.
0%
Milan.9035Aerion Hemmelk.5192 2 votes
Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the WvW aspect.
4%
Jethro.9376TheGrimm.5624Svarty.8019XenesisII.1540dbreien.2543Brimstone.3807Thereon.5219DeceiverX.8361nosleepdemon.1368weiu.1370Kyon.9735xDudisx.5914sloe.5408 13 votes
I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.
8%
TheSlothArmada.6709Nikal.4921Blaeys.3102Zacchary.6183Ulion.5476Jwake.7013Tsakhi.8124K THEN.5162alceste.8712PzTnT.7198Demented Yak.6105Cleopatra.4068Majirah.5089otto.5684titje.2745Embered.5089Griever.8150SlaYer.2138UlvenSkyblade.9830kichakicha.4058 27 votes
None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.
12%
Allarius.5670UnbentMars.9126SkyShroud.2865Loosmaster.8263blambidy.3216crosknight.3041shinjin.3924Dragana.1497Feanor.2358kurfu.5623Maizan.8516Sarge shot Grif.6450Warcry.1596sephiroth.4217Palador.2170Blood Red Arachnid.2493Wanze.8410Oglaf.1074Seyiwaji.4082CharterforGw.3149 39 votes
<1

Comments

• A friend/partner/boss/pet/demon/voice told me I should try it.

A friend of mine was a huge GW1 fan, and when GW2 was coming out we both were looking for a new MMO to try out, and this sounded just about perfect.

• sephiroth.4217sephiroth.4217 Member ✭✭✭✭
    None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

My girlfriend bought me the game for Christmas shortly after release...

Not to brag, but I put together a puzzle in 4 days and the box said 2-4 years.
    Please allow team queue with rewards again at our own discretion.
    06210311 251521 121512

• maddoctor.2738maddoctor.2738 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

I was playing GW1 for years when I saw the first announcement for a sequel. It got me interested instantly.
    I think the 3 choices about pve, pvp and wvw should've been on a different thread.

• Ayumi Spender.1082Ayumi Spender.1082 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago, there was those free trial weekends. Doesn't hurt to try a game free before buying.

@Dashiva.6149 said:
    Praise Joko, a poll full of good options!

There was going to be another option, but the forum said "No more than 10 options!" Then I just went "Foo!"

• Cave Rock.4869Cave Rock.4869 Member ✭✭✭

I also would have voted the WvW one because I used to play RvR in Dark Age of Camelot. When it went under after the change of management etc, this fantastic game became my new mmo home :)

• Halan.8951Halan.8951 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2017

• Palador.2170Palador.2170 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's silly, but I kind of missed crafting things in EQ2. Of course, I didn't want to go back to EQ2, as that and some of the races were the only parts I liked.

Otherwise, I was perfectly happy playing CoH. Which NCSoft killed, right after GW2 came out.

Lip synching is just mime karaoke.

• Moonlit.6421Moonlit.6421 Member ✭✭✭

When I first decided to try pc gaming when I was younger everyone always talked about WoW, but I was to young to even get a job yet, so no way I could afford that. Tried and actually bounty 1-2 other games then realized both I'd bought were subscription based so never rlly got to play them either. Then happened to see guild wars 1 bundle pack in Walmart one day for like $40 and saw it looked cool and didn't cost me every month so decided to give it a go and when GW2 came out I obviously had to see it, especially the new WvW mode, and I was not disappointed.

• SummerRayne.4672SummerRayne.4672 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

I first tried the original Guild Wars probably over 10 years ago now. I immediately fell in love with the art style and music in the game. Pre-Searing Ascalon will always be my favorite area of the game. I find myself playing it over and over and Prophecies being my all time favorite campaign. The original Guild Wars has been one of my favorite games hands down for many years. I still login and play on occasion.

When Guild Wars 2 was announced I was extremely excited. I was like a kid at Christmas :P I pre-ordered the game the first day it went on sale. While there may be some things from the original Guild Wars I miss that wasn’t brought over, I have not been disappointed at all. I love this game personally. The gameplay is very engaging and fun, love, love the artwork style of graphics and the music is the best in my opinion than in any game I have ever played. I was so happy to hear the music from the original was also put in this game.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Wherever I heard it from, the one thing that got my interest was the PvE aspect.

If you're intending this to be a response to the '85% unhappy' topic I think it would be more helpful to ask what interested people in GW2 rather than where they heard it from. 2 people could both pick that a friend told them about it but one might have been entirely interested in PvE and another exclusively PvP, which is the aspect of the game the other topic/s are addressing.

I could technically pick 4 options: I played GW1 before GW2 was announced, but when it was announced I wasn't following news about the game that closely so it was friends telling me about it that got me to look into it and the trailers that convinced me I wanted to buy it. And throughout all of that it was the PvE aspects that interested me the most.

What got me interested in GW1 was simple: it was an MMO with no subscription and a low level cap (meaning it wasn't built to be an endless grind to progress) and the charr looked like nothing I'd ever seen before implying there was a fair bit of originality in the world design. When I got GW2 I was fully expecting that I'd keep playing GW1 as well, but over time I got more and more drawn into this game to the point where in the 2nd year I didn't even bother trying for a mini polar bear in GW1 which had been basically all my free time every Wintersday since I found out they existed. I do still play GW1 but very rarely compared to the sequel.

I don't mind PvP in theory, but I've always been more interested in the PvE aspects of all the games I've played with the sole exceptions of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. As a result I very rarely play PvP in any game (I think I've done 11 matches in GW2 and got up to about rank 114 in WvW). Balance issues don't bother me (see previous comment about Mario Kart and Smash Bros - two notoriously unbalanced games) because I never get into it enough to start worrying about that.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"In this town, we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song! In this town, don't we love it now? Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!"

• None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

I remember the visuals and concept art really appealed to me and still do. Plus I was sick of paying subscription fees so I figured it was a good way to be entertained and still save money. I stand by my reasons all these years later.

• I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.

I played the original Guild Wars from the time it came out. and still play it . when it came out their was a new guild wars well I liked the first one. so I gave the second one a go after getting burned with hot . well never got what was promised the people who made the original Guild Wars is no longer with the company . but will say its nice to have some of the stuff from the original Guild Wars in this game . but yet their is major room for improvements

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

"You only have to pay ONCE for this MMORPG?!"

Seriously though, a friend recommended it to me so I got it at launch. We've been playing "static" MMORPGS together for years. By "static" I mean you just stand toe-to-toe with a mob and beat it to death, so the idea of dodging around enemy attacks and whatnot seemed like a novel and awesome idea for a combat system - that was what got us to look into it at first.

But yeah, the idea of a one-time purchase with no monthly fees also played a part, I won't lie.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• None of these options cater to me, so I'm going to just pick this option right here and then post what the reason was.

After the game launched, I had a hard look at it and decided GW2 was new coke, and wanted nothing to do with it. My son bought me the game for Christmas and I played it so he would not be disappointed. I've played on and off since, bought Gemcards, bought PoF, and usually post criticisms of GW2 during those times I am playing simply because playing it reminds me of what it could have been. This will never be GW1 and it has not lived up to that standard. I'll continue to play it, off and on, not for its own merits but because the MMO market is not delivering past a generic level of LCD. ESO did the same thing but I dodged that one.

Centuries ago, I saved Tyria. I've since realized that it is, in Arthur's words, "a silly place".

• Griever.8150Griever.8150 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017
    I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.

Friend got me to try it but horrible design choices in the past 2 expansions of the game i previously focused on also contributed to me picking GW2 up.

Now im just kicking myself for not making the move earlier since this game fits my view of an MMO a lot better than a Gambling/Raiding simulator.

• Vayne.8563Vayne.8563 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was playing WoW, and told me niece about it. She called WoW the evil empire and told me I'd enjoy Guild Wars 1 much better (even though she wasn't playin that herself, she just knew my tastes). I was still playing WoW when I happened into a local computer store that had Prophecies on sale cheap. I figured, well, what the hell, I might as well try it. I never looked back. Played Guild Wars 1 for six years before Guild Wars 2 came out.

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

back in 2012, i was playing LOTRO and took 2 weeks vacation for their next expac release (rohan or isengard, i think). But they postponed the launch for a couple of weeks and since i didnt purchase the expac yet, I got gw2 instead, which was launching the same weekend.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

@Wanze.8410 said:
    back in 2012, i was playing LOTRO and took 2 weeks vacation for their next expac release (rohan or isengard, i think). But they postponed the launch for a couple of weeks and since i didnt purchase the expac yet, I got gw2 instead, which was launching the same weekend.

Wise considering Riders of Rohan was utter pony.

Pun intended

I bought GW2 because of GW1. Ironically to the above post, I played Lotro whilst waiting for GW2 to get released.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Torolan.5816Torolan.5816 Member ✭✭✭

I always was a cheapskate and paranoid with giving out my banking data, so GW1 was the logical choice after the demise of DAOC.

I was both super excited about GW2 and very sad all at once when GW1 went on maintenance only, killing my interest in that superb game very quickly. GW2 was myn only game for years and i really liked it despite breaking every promise or sometimes just hope it had made. Then raids and a exploration/move/minigames phase began. I fought valiantly to stay in the game but could not stand the smug raiders and hardcore supporters who had then finally won and made GW2 their game and so I dropped out early in the year.

I came back in August for PoF and was surprised in a good way. Finally you could get legendary armor without bashing your head in against the same foe over and over again, and none of the PoF maps was such a convoluted mess like TD.

• Allarius.5670Allarius.5670 Member ✭✭✭

It was the innovations. Lack of mob tagging, no requirements for a specific group composition, no perpetual gear grind, no ability bloat, PvP devoid of PvE grind requirements and being on the same footing as all other players. These are the sorts of things that got be interested pre-launch.

• Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

wasn't hard to guess that a popular vote would be "I played GW1"

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

• I was/is a fan of the original Guild Wars game so the sequel got my attention.

Started playing GW1 back in 2005, and when I learned about GW2 I knew I'd own it at launch. I just wish they kept up with releasing Destiny's Edge statues after Rytlock with the initial release.

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) of Ehmry Bay
    My Ryzen Rig

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I played GW1 from release through Nightfall but what got me to try GW2 was a couple of friends who moved to it after we abandoned a mobile MMO that was having serious security issues.

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

The graphics and combat system.

Playing the PvE scene because WvW is just "BAD"...

To be honest, I just don't really remember, I played a little of GW1, but was mostly playing WoW. my brother mentioned it at some point i think. at the same time a friend was playing GW1 and was talking about GW2 aswell. overall i was looking for a different MMO than WoW. so it's a couple of different options combined for me.

The trailers did help though

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

Even in 2012 there was a shortage of good mmos (not as bad as it is right now) and this game seemed neat. 8 professions, good graphics, and a buddy played gw1 also recommended it to me but I made the decision to play.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

I forgot where I heard about GW2 but when I did I youtubed it and there was this one video (it was from a gameplay presentation before GW2 was released, maybe Pax, Gamescom, E3, I'm not sure). The whole video was fantastic but what really brought me to it were a few things that was presented in this particular video. (1) The graphics, (2) The UI, (3) The combat/skill system, including the water combat, (4) fire breathing drake.

It was so memorable that it's like rose-tinted glasses. I was 19 when the game came out.

• Gilgamesh VII.8690Gilgamesh VII.8690 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

Also to add to my vote would be Friends aswell, I might not be playing till this day if I didn't have friends to play with.

• Feanor.2358Feanor.2358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Bought the game to play with some friends back on launch. We all played for a while, then more or less dropped it (one of the group kept playing). HoT came and I bought it for pretty much the same reason. My active friend showed me some ropes and I decided to jump on Nevermore because I loved the theme and the looks of the staff. I managed to craft it and by the end of the process I was an active player myself.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

Back in 2003 or so around before WoW was released I was eager to play it since I was a huge fan of Warcraft II and III and Star Craft. After release I was a poor student and didn't want to pay 12€/month to play the game. We were discussing in a forum and someone mentioned Guild Wars which had no monthly fee. So I bought it, and loved it until now (well not so anymore, but I still keep buying the expacs etc.).

• notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

I picked the wrong thing, and don't see how to change my answer. I thought it meant the 3 beta weekends. But the second half of the pick applies, taking advantage of any open betas to see what a game might be like. I used to sign up for like every beta back in the day, and was often picked, so I could try it before hand.

In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

My friend played GW1 and has a habit of bouncing MMOs, so when GW2 went into development, he kept an eye on it. I was drawn in by his excitement.
    Made a Charr Warrior during beta, and i was hooked.~

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017

I wouldn't say I was a "fan" of GW1 because it was too instanced for my liking but when I heard about GW2's "real" open world, I got excited immediately. I liked GW1 but I love GW2 more.

• jheryn.8390jheryn.8390 Member ✭✭✭

I started playing GW1 about four months after it launched. I was hooked. Playing GW2 was not even a question.

• IndigoSundown.5419IndigoSundown.5419 Member ✭✭✭✭

Guild Wars was my first computer game. In the waiting period for 2, I tried a lot of other games, none of which stuck. The reason was that those other games suffered in comparison to Guild Wars. If ANet has continued to develop the original game I'd likely never have bothered trying anything else. While Guild Wars 2 also suffers in comparison, it does so a lot less than the other games I tried. Also, GW2 does offer some features that are superior to the original. So, I'm here, but continue to look around.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. -- Santayana

I loved GW1.
    Wish GW2 didn't jump onto the generic mmorpg train.

Click on your name up top. Click the little icon with the down arrow for preferences. Click Signature Settings to the right.

• Mahou.3924Mahou.3924 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2017
    After the game went free to play, I was more intrigued to try it out.

Because I didn't have to pay subscription fees. Even though I've become tired of MMOs, I thought 'Why not?' simply because I have to pay only for the game (+ expansion) once. Cash Shop only if there's something I want, otherwise I ignore it. No hard feelings or anything. At first I didn't even want to get GW2 because I had read it'd be mostly PvP/GvG/WvW or whatever you want to label it. Obviously, that wasn't based on a deep, intrinsic research.

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@IndigoSundown.5419 said:
    Guild Wars was my first computer game. In the waiting period for 2, I tried a lot of other games, none of which stuck. The reason was that those other games suffered in comparison to Guild Wars. If ANet has continued to develop the original game I'd likely never have bothered trying anything else. While Guild Wars 2 also suffers in comparison, it does so a lot less than the other games I tried. Also, GW2 does offer some features that are superior to the original. So, I'm here, but continue to look around.

This right here.

• Majirah.5089Majirah.5089 Member ✭✭✭

Played swtor for 5 years and got fed up with it. I remember seeing my friend play this game back when it launched. They were playing an elementalists in queensdale at that water pipe event. I thought it looked cool, but I was still into swtor then. Wish I would have moved on at that point. This game is leaps and bounds better.

• I was/is tired of another game and just decided to give it a try after randomly searching for an alternative.

I have over 7000 hours on Neverwinter, but it became too P2W (and my PC broke and now I'm on mac ;-;)
    so I came here to play a Berserker, Guardian, and Druid, expecting them to be my DPS, Tank, and Healer/Buffer.

Needless to say, I was extremely disappointed and I'm sad to admit that I had much more fun in a terribly P2W game.
    I only stay because I have wasted too much time to drop it now. If they would just fix the class archetypes, or at least MAKE POWER WARRIOR VIABLE IN PVE, then I would love this game to hell.

Volhryol O Maelstom - Chronomancer
    Ghelviir O Maelstom - Druid
    TheSlothArmada - Berserker
    Builds: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jEaFeEWMhn3_c9Dt7DlOKWMHOVyRbWDSbEEgpSgrTMY/edit?usp=sharing

I played the first game. Over 11,000 hours on it. Hated it beyond 5k but kept playing due to friendships. When ArenaNet said to forget everything you know about GW1 to play GW2 I became interested, and this game is exponentially better than GW1 in every way.

"He shall make whole that which was torn asunder,
    Restore that which was lost, and all shall be as one."

• dagrdagaz.4913dagrdagaz.4913 Member ✭✭✭

@Warcry.1596 said:
    I played the first game. Over 11,000 hours on it. Hated it beyond 5k but kept playing due to friendships. When ArenaNet said to forget everything you know about GW1 to play GW2 I became interested, and this game is exponentially better than GW1 in every way.

To each their own, becos i still like GW1 much better than GW2.
    Dont get me wrong, I do like GW2, i am still playing it from when it was released.

(As for the topic title. Playing and liking GW1 got me interested in GW2)

@kurfu.5623 said:
    After burning out on WoW, this review got me into GW2:

This, 100% is what got me into guild wars 2. Angry Joe's review got me super hyped to try the game and play it, it was a great idea that I still love to this day.

Had heard good things about GW1 and as I had just quit WoW I was looking for a new MMO. GW2 came out exactly then and I decided to give it a shot since there was no subscription (I had considered SWTOR but the stupid sub model scared me away). Played since release

"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
    Tempest, Spellbreaker, Mirage, Scourge
    [AGNY] - Eternal Agony Guild, Sanctum of Rall

• Burtnik.5218Burtnik.5218 Member ✭✭✭

I wanted to play as Charr. Playing as human in all games is boring af.

• Erulogos.2591Erulogos.2591 Member ✭✭✭

Was looking for an MMO after flaming out on WoW post-Wrath, saw the manifesto video, got curious, played a beta weekend (I want to say beta weekend 3? It ended with a PvPish deal in Metrica that I think they turned into Southsun Survival.) That pretty much sold it. Some of the mechanics are a bit dated or clunky now compared to things that have come later (e.g. the combat, while not semi-stationary like old school MMOs, isn't quite as mobile as ESO or Wildstar,) but at the time it was amazing to play and visually impressive. It still looks pretty good, though I wonder if there will ever be a PC that can get a steady 60 FPS on max settings anywhere other players exist.

• blambidy.3216blambidy.3216 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually this is my first MMO. Since I sold my consoles long time ago I just wanted to pick up a game. And I had a computer that could play games. So I was like let's try an MMO. So I saw gw2, and eso. I bought gw2 expansion and eso. And later on I just didn't like how eso was after playing gw2. Gw2 maps more beautiful. The combat is much faster paced. I don't need to aim to hit someone through mouse. Well now I know how with out trying since I predict where my arrow is. I think also what interested me was both games were advertised. How both have events. But one day what actually caught my attention. IDK kitten I was doing. But in celedons metta event I believe for playing the first MMO. It was just epic. A big oh black ghost monster came out and 30-40 people were attacking it. I didn't know what I was doing but I was killing it too. It was just epic.

Then I'm trying out eso to see if it has this epic thing that every video trailer has. And people are saying the map event are the cross heads in the map.... So I go there and nobody is there untill I request it. But ended up only 4 people. But wasn't as fun. The boss was just a person.....

After that I think I knew my decision to stay with gw2. The epicness, just wasn't there in eso. I tried FFXIV cause many people I hear say from other MMOs went to FFXIV. So I try it. At first the gorgeous game is amazing. But then what killed me was the combat. It's soooooooo slow. I don't want to grind monsters if it takes me 1 minute to kill a monster. And I'm few levels over but takes a minute?! For only a few exp jeeze! That's just insane. I know there's other ways to get exp but, killing mobs is probably the most detrimental part in the game that has to be thought of.

So I come back here and play again and still I'm in love. Even though there are flaws in the game. I don't care. The fact that gw2 is btp. The base game is ftp. But make this game so great without subs. It's just hard for me to understand why the games are only ok but charge more than gw2 that is clearly better. I'm not speaking for wow. Never played.

Since I went through those and going through other MMOs, this is clearly the better one for me. And no I'm not a casual player. I play ranked PvP. And play wvw. I play fractals. Have multiple characters to 80. Have maxed crafting etc. It's just other games just don't have it.

Even though gw2 didn't have mounts and took couple years after I owned it. It's still better. With no housing it's still amazing. Even with no fishing. No dueling and no trading. The way arenanet thought out teamwork, friendship, combat and gameplay, I think are better then other MMOs.

• Kovu.7560Kovu.7560 Member ✭✭✭✭

GW2 is my first and only MMO. A friend (who plays lots of MMOs) got me into it.
    I'm still here. They aren't. (To be fair they're not playing a lot of video/computer games right now period.)

To be fair, what brought me here and what keeps me here are two different things.

~ Kovu

Ranger main before it was viable.
    Fort Aspenwood.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.