Should Anet make 1v1 pvp ranked game mode?

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pvp is dead in this game . and should just die off fully . given their is not any thing these days of worth . that makes it worth playing at all in this game. given the current state of pvp and thos calling for 1v1 in pvp and open world . was the worst mistake ever made. but some kittens not to smart to see it . pvp just really needs to die off and never come back .

@Halikus.1406 said:If not that a deathmatch with 2v2, 3v3 or even 5v5 would be way better than this circle dancing thing. Because in a game mode like this classes that can tank and be mobile to rotate have an obvious advantage over the others, imo.

at mid we generally meet as 4v4 playing organized made me want it to be 4v4 anything lower almost isnt a team anyways.

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:I'd say no, but i wouldn't mind for a 100€ dlc for those who want 1v1 so badly.

na make it cost much more if they really want it that badly in the game say for like 900 € if not more

Do not be ridiculous, its a basic game function that should already been there.

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:I'd say no, but i wouldn't mind for a 100€ dlc for those who want 1v1 so badly.

na make it cost much more if they really want it that badly in the game say for like 900 € if not more

oh but I am not you want it that bad you should pay a lot for it . should be very costly for you to have it . if you want it that bad in the game . then that way if you wanted more of it and updates the dlc content for it would only cost half as much than the buy price .

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

oh but I am not you want it that bad you should pay a lot for it . should be very costly for you to have it . if you want it that bad in the game . then that way if you wanted more of it and updates the dlc content for it would only cost half as much than the buy price .

or i could you know pick another game and play that :) ^^

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

It's something the game is not made for

There's no balance in PvE and WvW due to high stats, food and other shit.In SPvP also there's no balance ( but still better than WvW ).

Gw2 is not meant for 1v1, this's why spending resources in order to make duels or 1v1 modalities is not worth it.The best you can do is to create a SPvP map and do your duels there.

No. The game is not balanced around 1v1, It is balanced around acting a particular role in a team. There are certain builds that hard counter other build, and certain classes that are difficult to fight due to the nature of other classes. Doing this would require a rebalance from the ground up, which not only would break conquest if they didnt restrict the changes to 1v1 in particular (which would make practice difficult, if not impossible) , but would only be touched every six months if the current balancing course continues.

Would more consensual dueling options not suffice with a track record of win/loss. Surely that wouldn't be too tricky/costly for Anet to implement. Open world would be nice as would a couple of simple ruleset options. And if you wanted to duel wouldn't you build accordingly for it.

EDIT: to clarify, I don't mean open world pvp. More like in wow outside the big cities.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:The game is not remotely balanced in 1v1, too many hard counter s are too hard to realistically overcome by skill.

The game isn't also balanced for 5 vs 5, or at the current state the teams would only stack SB, Scourges and Firebrands if were allowed.

Archived