DCs in instanced areas with 64bit client only?

I'd like to get some more info about this issue. Recently several people reported that changing from 64bit to 32bit client prevented dcs in instanced areas completely.

I got a lot of dcs in PoF-Story missions and every time in dungeons when people finish to watch videos I get one too. I use the 64bit client. I found an older thread on reddit about the 32bit client and there it's confirmed by an ArenaNet employee that using it may lead to out of memory crashes, especially when staying for a longer time in HoT-maps.

My question to the community is:You, who suffer from dcs in instanced areas (story missions, dungeons), do you also use the 64bit client or do they also occur with the 32bit one?

My question to ArenaNet is:Is it possible to transfer the cause of stability of the 32bit client to the 64bit client to both prevent dc and oom crashes or is this impossible due to technical reasons I'm not familiar with?

I just tried the 32-bit client in a dungeon run and I can confirm, that I got no DC when watching videos. I'm so glad. Thank you ANet that the 32-bit client is still available. I use it on a 64-bit OS and never thought about using it because the 64-bit client is available too. Man, I was wrong. No DC so far in dungeons :-D

But please copy this to the 64-bit client. It'd be a lot better to have it there too!

Edit: I did some other dungeon runs and no DC!!! I'm so happy.

Archived