Simple Warrior Changes

TheSlothArmada.6709

I'm going to try and keep this as clear and concise as possible.

1. Revert Headbutt, Arc Divider, and Shield Bash Nerfs.

In exchange, reduce the radius of Arc Divider and Headbutt. Shield Bash never deserved to be nerfed.

2.Berserker's Power

Every burst refreshes the duration; Entering berserk mode counts as a level 3 burst.

3. Stick and Move

Make it a 10 second buff when hitting and enemy with a dodge roll. Maintaining this is extremely annoying and is rendered useless by Might Makes Right in PvE

4. Primal Bursts

These should count as a level 2 burst at minimum. Personally, I'd like to see it count as a level three burst. . .

5 Empowered

Should swap places with restorative strength. Right now, it forces power warriors to take it just for the damage increase.

6 Greatsword

Attacks (especially the first skill) could see an improvement to damage or an upgrade (like putting vulnerability on hundred blades).

What do you guys think?

Doing both 2 and 4 doesn't just undo the nerf Anet (rightly) wanted to see, it results in a significant buff above the pre-nerfed Berserker. At best, one or the other, but definitely not both.

Headbutt would need a cut to damage and/or an increased cd if the telegraph/cast is reduced. It would still be a strong skill.

Your sick and move change seems way too powerful. It's basically just a free and permanent 10% damage boost and doesn't seem to be warranted. Might Makes Right is a powerful new trait, but it's not the only choice there. If someone wanted to maintain max damage in pve, it would be better to slot BP instead, especially in light of your other changes.

The rest seems fine.

I recommend that your thread be merged with the other one on this same subject though.

@Choppy.4183 said:Doing both 2 and 4 doesn't just undo the nerf Anet (rightly) wanted to see, it results in a significant buff above the pre-nerfed Berserker. At best, one or the other, but definitely not both.

Headbutt would need a cut to damage and/or an increased cd if the telegraph/cast is reduced. It would still be a strong skill.

Your sick and move change seems way too powerful. It's basically just a free and permanent 10% damage boost and doesn't seem to be warranted. Might Makes Right is a powerful new trait, but it's not the only choice there. If someone wanted to maintain max damage in pve, it would be better to slot BP instead, especially in light of your other changes.

The rest seems fine.

I recommend that your thread be merged with the other one on this same subject though.

For your first point, instead of one or the other, why not just split the effects for PvP? Berserker's Power is usually not used in PvP, so splitting that one seems like the correct choice. I also do agree that headbutt should receive a damage nerf in exchange for it's normal speed. Increasing the cooldown would only mess up rotations.

For Stick and Move, you do make a valid point that one attempting to attain max damage would not be using Might makes Right, but that comes to my second reason: The buff is just pain to keep up. Outside of group environments, it's not too bad; the problem arises in Raids and Fractals where endurance gain has the potential to be significantly higher. Add to that the endurance gained from bursts and you find yourself dodging every few seconds just to keep up the buff.

I admit, this is not a terribly important change and it's more of a QoL for warriors, but I do want to at least see Reckless Dodge's damage increased in PvE so that you don't lose DPS trying to keep up this buff.

I would recommend the following changes for Power Warrior in PvE:

1. Stick and Move grants 10% increased damage for 10 seconds when enemies take damage from Reckless Dodge.
  2. Berserker's Power lasts for 15 seconds (like Adrenal Health and Attacker's Insight).
  3. Arms: (a) Deep Strikes also grants ferocity; (b) Rending Strikes also increases damage by 5% to vulnerable targets; © Bloodlust also increases damage by 5% to bleeding targets; and (d) Dual Wielding swaps places with Axe Mastery.
  4. Inspiring Battle Standard also increases damage by 5% per active Banner.
  5. The damage of Greatsword, Axes and Daggers are buffed by 20%.
  6. Targets under the effect of Magebane Tether take 5% more damage from all sources.

This will give Power Warrior: (1) PS build with Strength, Tactics, and Spellbreaker (using Dagger/Dagger, Greatsword); (2) a DPS build with Strength, Arms, Berserker (using Axe/Axe, Greatsword).

Archived