Arena Net please make OS instance based map!

CrimeMaker.8612

Currently Obsidian Sanctum is literally a dead outside of 1 or 2 GvGs that will take place here and there or that 1 person trying to do jumping puzzle for guild mission... it's usually that 1 person trying to do jumping puzzle.

Arena Net you guys already have the megaserver technology. So why not just use it to revive a dead map? Obsidian Sanctum being an instance based map will be a small change but it will have major impact on the fight guilds! It will be a fresh breath of air for all of us! The new and the old guilds!

Fights are the reason why a lot of us do WvW but there are certain guilds we would want to fight but sometimes or most of the time we cannot because we wouldn't be in the same tier.

Yes there are Guild hall arenas but they 3 major issues with the Guild Hall Arena weren't even fixed with the release of Pic!

1. The size of the guild hall. It's literally too small especially for the current pirate ship and the size of Winds of Disenchantment. It's clearly isn't big enough for 15v15. Only good for 10v10 or 5v5.

2. The balance in Guild Hall Arena is PvE based. The retal does 2x more damage. Torment does more damage.. literally every single condi does more damage in Arena.

3. Getting guilds and players from another guild into the Arena. It seriously takes forever and when the new instance for the same map keeps popping every 5min. It's just super annoying and a lot of time consuming.

Literally tho Arena Net give us WvW players Megaserver Obsidian Sanctum as Christmas present! I mean you guys have the technology just implement it on the dead map and revive it again!

Do you guys think obsidian sanctum should go megaserver? Have multiple instances of OS?

If you just want an improved venue for 15v15 matches, why not just ask for that and let ANet decide what's the best way to deliver it? What if you could toggle the GH instance to run WvW, PvP, or PvE rules, which would also increase the capacity of the instance? Would that get the job done? I can't imagine that OS is necessarily the best map for your goal.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If you just want an improved venue for 15v15 matches, why not just ask for that and let ANet decide what's the best way to deliver it? What if you could toggle the GH instance to run WvW, PvP, or PvE rules, which would also increase the capacity of the instance? Would that get the job done? I can't imagine that OS is necessarily the best map for your goal.

The thing is that we have been complaining about it before PoF was released or even since the day arenas were released. Every one was sure that Arena Net would change things up for the Guild Hall Arena with PoF but that didn't happen. If they didn't do it with PoF do you really think they will do anything about it?

What's other easier option we have?Obsidian Sanctum. Turn OS into instance based map.

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:If you just want an improved venue for 15v15 matches, why not just ask for that and let ANet decide what's the best way to deliver it? What if you could toggle the GH instance to run WvW, PvP, or PvE rules, which would also increase the capacity of the instance? Would that get the job done? I can't imagine that OS is necessarily the best map for your goal.

The thing is that we have been complaining about it before PoF was released or even since the day arenas were released. Every one was sure that Arena Net would change things up for the Guild Hall Arena with PoF but that didn't happen. If they didn't do it with PoF do you really think they will do anything about it?

What's other easier option we have?Obsidian Sanctum. Turn OS into instance based map.

The thing is ... you have no options at all, that don't depend on ANet. Either they'll agree it's worth doing ... or they won't. But it won't help your case by dictating which solution they should use, especially since it seems like the worst of all worlds for them (and for your goal).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:

The thing is ... you have no options at all, that don't depend on ANet. Either they'll agree it's worth doing ... or they won't. But it won't help your case by dictating which solution they should use, especially since it seems like the worst of all worlds for them (and for your goal).

I mean more than half the WvW community wants instanced OS not just me. I am just dictating what we want as community. The fight guild community at least.

Because they've now had over 2 years and 2 expansions to get it right their own way with player input, and they didn't.

OS fits the minimum needs, it's already been used for gvg's for years. The biggest problem is guilds are stuck to fighting in their own tier, in the glicko system that was a major pain since servers could be stuck with each other for months at a time, in the 1u1d not so much but it would be really convenient to have a megaserver OS instead of still waiting weeks to meet certain guilds. This is also one of the reasons why fight guilds move so much to get into tiers with other guilds that want to face, maybe if megaOS was around before, guilds wouldn't have felt the need to move tiers and maybe the servers would be a little more balanced.

They just need to attach OS to eotm instead of wvw. I really don't think that's too much to ask.

This is a fairly straightforward change that would benefit both the gvg scene and the people looking for duels in wvw. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement from a technical standpoint, but I can't really see any drawbacks to the idea since OS is dead most of the time anyways.

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:This is a fairly straightforward change that would benefit both the gvg scene and the people looking for duels in wvw. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement from a technical standpoint, but I can't really see any drawbacks to the idea since OS is dead most of the time anyways.

Point on tbh

@Rumba.3174 said:Making it a megaserver will remove the pips. Thats why Eotm does not have pips acording to anet. Also OS is used to afk so you won't clog up the Q for the other maps.

What you taking about? You don't get pips in OS anyways? Tf.... OS was never afk until population drained and a lot of guilds quit. I am being triggered by this comment. Help.

@CrimeMaker.8612 said:

@Rumba.3174 said:Making it a megaserver will remove the pips. Thats why Eotm does not have pips acording to anet. Also OS is used to afk so you won't clog up the Q for the other maps.

What you taking about? You don't get pips in OS anyways? Tf.... OS was never afk until population drained and a lot of guilds quit. I am being triggered by this comment. Help.

He's talking about going to OS and letting your participation bleed down there instead of WvW maps.

What server queue up 4 maps outside reset anyway? I heard that even in T1 this isn't a thing anymore.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

What server queue up 4 maps outside reset anyway? I heard that even in T1 this isn't a thing anymore.

None it's 2k17 more players are quitting because fights have been shit

Archived