What is the best build for Loot farms like CS?

MrFisticuffs.7306

Sadly, Ranger is not the best farm build at all. It's pretty bad at tagging large amounts of mobs tbh. I used to use Axe/Torch and traps with entangle as that gave the most I could find for my guy, but after I found guardian, that is what I use for farming events. Firebrand is going to make that even better, even after the staff nerfs.

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Sadly, Ranger is not the best farm build at all. It's pretty bad at tagging large amounts of mobs tbh. I used to use Axe/Torch and traps with entangle as that gave the most I could find for my guy, but after I found guardian, that is what I use for farming events. Firebrand is going to make that even better, even after the staff nerfs.

i think anet should really look at ranger weapons, IMO is the biggest weakness. Soulbeast look ok for the most part and traits but in wvw for example to tag many people and do damage no weapon have aoe, so its better to take a necro or revenant which do more damage and aoe. I think they should make axe mainhand a power weapon, with its aoe (also make it bounce more? tho the might of it could be OP i suppose) it could make axe/axe a thing or axe/warhorn.

@NemesiS.6749 said:

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:Sadly, Ranger is not the best farm build at all. It's pretty bad at tagging large amounts of mobs tbh. I used to use Axe/Torch and traps with entangle as that gave the most I could find for my guy, but after I found guardian, that is what I use for farming events. Firebrand is going to make that even better, even after the staff nerfs.

i think anet should really look at ranger weapons, IMO is the biggest weakness. Soulbeast look ok for the most part and traits but in wvw for example to tag many people and do damage no weapon have aoe, so its better to take a necro or revenant which do more damage and aoe. I think they should make axe mainhand a power weapon, with its aoe (also make it bounce more? tho the might of it could be OP i suppose) it could make axe/axe a thing or axe/warhorn.

I think the problem is with the tagging system. Why should classes and weapons who are focused more on single targets or group support be punished with less item drops? And the way the loot system works makes the game less about trying to play well and more about just trying to tag everything to get loot credit.

They need to make some changes to the system to address this.

@Bri.8354 said:

@NemesiS.6749 said:

I think the problem is with the tagging system. Why should classes and weapons who are focused more on single targets or group support be punished with less item drops? And the way the loot system works makes the game less about trying to play well and more about just trying to tag everything to get loot credit.

They need to make some changes to the system to address this.

well i do agree, at least me personally i care for loot and that is why i would like better AOE options but also on zergs AOE is not just for tagging, is more damage to more people therefore more downs. While we with a longbow try to take down a single target of a zerg of 50+ people lol a revenant with hammer can down 2-3 people with 1 skill that is like 5 second cooldown. A necro can hit multiple people hard with wells and staff. Again i talk from a wvw perspective because it was i play mostly, yes loot is important but also been useful and doing damage. On Longbow we have barrier which is seriously so bad and piercing arrows no one use marksmanship on wvw, maybe skirmishing could be used but the piercing there is for shortbow.

@dasaybz.9524 said:Longbow with piercing arrows works great for tagging.

yes, i just wish piercing arrows are just part of the longbow normally and not need a trait. For WvW what do you guys use in zergs? Because problem is in wvw there is not room for marksmanship. People either go skirmish/WS or NM and druid or WS/NM/druid and now soulbeast is coming so i dont think there is space for piercing arrows. Is Axe good? does it does good damage? i dont know, i havent tried axes since release probable

@Sandzibar.5134 said:For wvw zerg in new patch? maybe GS as frontline soldier with NM/WS/Soulbeast with bear pet - just need a firebrand giving you perma quickness for lolGS evade frames?

you think so? God i love GS so much but ranger i dont think it can be frontline but we will see, hope you are right. Last night i was using a GS/axe warhorn testing around and i think it was ok. I survived very well. With Soulbeast it will get better i suppose, i wish axe was a more power weapon. Yea NM/WS and soulbeast seem to have such a nice synergy. It will most likely be the traits to get, maybe skirmishing if u want more damage but you will be missing a lot IMO, specially condi hate.

Ranger is pretty bad in cursed shore because the undertuned enemies evaporate instantly. We can't do enough damage to enough targets before they drop.

We are actually pretty solid for farming leather on though.

Just use staff and greatsword and you can tag virtually every mob before they die and staff and self heals make us very durable and able to run ahead of the zerg to ensure tags.

Archived