Annoying Toxic Hybrid Mini

Moogri.1935

Can we please have an option to mute other people's minis? I've gotten so fed up with the sound that the Toxic Hybrid mini makes that every time I hear it it makes me not want to play and I hear it at least once per day (mostly in hubs like mistlock sanctuary). I know some people will say "why don't you just mute it?", but even hearing it once makes me feel sick and I can't go around playing the whole game muted, I've got to turn the sound back on at some later point.

@Shirlias.8104 said:the whole game?

Settings > Sound > change the "my unique item sounds" and "players' unique item sounds" the way you want.

Now praise Lord Joko for this setting.3 prayers before you go to bed.

I tried those settings and they had no effect on that toxic mini. I have no clue why. That mini makes me re-live someone is gasping for air. I HATE it and there were several posts about it on the old forums. Those settings should work on minis but it seems to only effect weapon sounds.

@Zoria.1392 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:the whole game?

Settings > Sound > change the "my unique item sounds" and "players' unique item sounds" the way you want.

Now praise Lord Joko for this setting.3 prayers before you go to bed.

I tried those settings and they had no effect on that toxic mini. I have no clue why. That mini makes me re-live someone is
gasping for air.
I HATE it and there were several posts about it on the old forums. Those settings should work on minis but it seems to only effect weapon sounds.

Yeah, that's what I think when someone has this mini at the trading post or the bank, and it's LOUD.

I don't think I ever encountered this mini, or if I did the sound wasn't annoying to me. But multiple ho-ho-tron's in one location is torture after a while.I personally love minis, but I know plenty of people who don't care for them at all. You would think that there would be a setting to permanently disable minis.

Oh yes i don't know why game likes me put every day with same random people in airship. There is this one player with that annoying mini op mentioned camping tp all day and then there is another one who got some bee-explosion-glow-stuck-in-time going on with that bee sound... Sometimes there are others.. And these sounds are loudest over anything else.. i mean Anet wtf?? It drives me mad.If i have to be on ship for longer, i turn down fx sound to 0 but this shit has to stop, anet!

Archived