Good solo PvE build for getting HP as elementalist in PoE?

Morticoccus.6540

After returning to the game for the new expansion I find that my glass cannon build kind of dies horribly as soon as it gets swamped by the new mobs, kiting isn't ideal against some of them either so I was wondering if anyone could suggest an elementalist or tempest build I could use while actually getting the HP I need to unlock weaver?The endgame stuff is all well and good but I find a lot of those builds focus on either getting or sharing buffs from/with other members or relies on having someone else that the enemy focuses on.

Try the classic dagger/dagger ele bluid for solo PVE content.The build has changed some since launch but it's a classic DPS plus survivability masterpiece.There is some debate as to how exactly it should be or what utility slots to fill but it does the trick.Just find something new (there were nerfs along the way.)

And try this resource:http://montrealhub.club/topic/gw2-path-of-fire-crystal-desert-hero-point-farm-completely-unlocking-your-pof-elite-spec

Good luck and have fun

I am a pretty casual player, so nothing I've done is optimized in any meticulous way, but I pretty much only play solo open world pve and have unlocked both elites and finished HoT, so I can share what worked. I solo HoT/PoF with a dagger/warhorn tempest fresh air auramancer. The build is:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJBIhdyxAUhJ2fJY2AQHBWEAM3WbsN3KsBuA1wgAwE4BA-jxAXgAA7PK/eUC2r+DpAiYMA-e

You can also do a more defensive version by changing fire for Earth (3-3-1). The play style is very easy, your damage rotation is air 1 until you can overload air, then switch to fire after the overload, fire 3/5, then back to air and start over. Go to earth for defense and water for healing.

Every time you get an aura you get regeneration, vigor, fury, swiftness, and might/protection depending on if you're traited for fire or Earth. You have access to so many auras as well, every time you overload air you get one, air 3 is an aura, two of your utilities, and attuning to fire.

As far as gear goes I mix stats (which advanced players call a crutch, but it made the game so much more fun for me). I aim for close to 15k Heath, a couple hundred healing power, and 50% crit chance, then power and ferocity after that. It worked well for me for all the HP/solo stuff I've done and it is an easy and straight forward build to get used to. I'm sure veterans can give you more fine tuned advice, but this could be a starting point for sure.

Thanks a lot Fireproof! I set up the build and now I have no problem exploding mobs that I previously had trouble with even on my holosmith!I went for 60% crit rate though, since the build asked for full zerker gear. I just grabbed some bladed pieces from HoT.On a related note, I also messed around with the stats on said holosmith and now it's a lot easier to play, I mixed stats as well =pBut seriously, it needs more toughness to work, if you go full glass cannon on holo for open world content you die before you get off your first overheat.

@fireproofboots.6475 said:I am a pretty casual player, so nothing I've done is optimized in any meticulous way, but I pretty much only play solo open world pve and have unlocked both elites and finished HoT, so I can share what worked. I solo HoT/PoF with a dagger/warhorn tempest fresh air auramancer. The build is:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFIQJBIhdyxAUhJ2fJY2AQHBWEAM3WbsN3KsBuA1wgAwE4BA-jxAXgAA7PK/eUC2r+DpAiYMA-e

You can also do a more defensive version by changing fire for Earth (3-3-1). The play style is very easy, your damage rotation is air 1 until you can overload air, then switch to fire after the overload, fire 3/5, then back to air and start over. Go to earth for defense and water for healing.

Every time you get an aura you get regeneration, vigor, fury, swiftness, and might/protection depending on if you're traited for fire or Earth. You have access to so many auras as well, every time you overload air you get one, air 3 is an aura, two of your utilities, and attuning to fire.

As far as gear goes I mix stats (which advanced players call a crutch, but it made the game so much more fun for me). I aim for close to 15k Heath, a couple hundred healing power, and 50% crit chance, then power and ferocity after that. It worked well for me for all the HP/solo stuff I've done and it is an easy and straight forward build to get used to. I'm sure veterans can give you more fine tuned advice, but this could be a starting point for sure.

Few remarks:

• Personally I think Protection on Overload is more useful than regen+vigor on aura. You have zero heal power, regen isn't going to make much of a difference. Vigor is nice to have, but not as nice as not having your main source of damage interrupted.
  • Pyromancer's Puissance is hardly worth taking. That's a d/wh Fresh Air rotation, you hardly spend any time in Fire so you'll getting very little value out of it. Any of the two other grandmasters is a better choice. Either for the occasional fury (F2 -> 3, F4 -> 4, you can do both if you like) or the blind on burn which can help survival.
  • Taking two auras as utilities could be a bit too much. I'd go with "Feel the burn!" and take Glyph of Storms instead of "Flash Freeze!". The Glyph is awesome both offensively (cast in Air) and defensively (cast in Earth) and its utility outweighs by far the extra aura. If needed, you can always get on-demand auras from your weapon skills (Air 3, Earth 4).

@Feanor.2358 said:

@fireproofboots.6475 said:I am a pretty casual player, so nothing I've done is optimized in any meticulous way, but I pretty much only play solo open world pve and have unlocked both elites and finished HoT, so I can share what worked. I solo HoT/PoF with a dagger/warhorn tempest fresh air auramancer. The build is:

Few remarks:
  • Personally I think Protection on Overload is more useful than regen+vigor on aura. You have zero heal power, regen isn't going to make much of a difference. Vigor is nice to have, but not as nice as not having your main source of damage interrupted.
  • Pyromancer's Puissance is hardly worth taking. That's a d/wh Fresh Air rotation, you hardly spend any time in Fire so you'll getting very little value out of it. Any of the two other grandmasters is a better choice. Either for the occasional fury (F2 -> 3, F4 -> 4, you can do both if you like) or the blind on burn which can help survival.
  • Taking two auras as utilities could be a bit too much. I'd go with "Feel the burn!" and take Glyph of Storms instead of "Flash Freeze!". The Glyph is awesome both offensively (cast in Air) and defensively (cast in Earth) and its utility outweighs by far the extra aura. If needed, you can always get on-demand auras from your weapon skills (Air 3, Earth 4).

Thanks for the input, I'll probably try prot on overload as soon as I get home from work, I was noticing that I tended to take more damage while in OL, and cutting that down more can only be a good thing.Speaking of healing, is the signet the most effective way to regain health or are any of the other options worth considering? Because of the complete lack of healing power in this build I find that you get relatively little health per spell when using the signet.

Errr... that's my bad here. It's not protection, it's Stability (Tempest middle 3 trait). The point of it being you don't get interrupted by a random knockback or something, causing to lose the damage from the overload and remaining field. For protection you'd need to pick Earth, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's too much of a damage loss and not really needed.

For the healing I usually run Glyph of Elemental Harmony for the strong burst heal on a relatively short cooldown. "Wash the pain away!" has the advantage of having a really short casting time, making it basically uninterruptable, so I've ran that a lot, too.

For a soloist, I would probably recommend a Zealot's Air/Water/Tempest build. You get a ridiculous amount of healing and your high crit chance will keep Fresh Air proc'd. Damage won't be as good as Berserker's, solely due to missing Ferocity, but it'll still be good. If you do end up on a team, trade out Cleansing Water for Powerful Aura.

You'll bounce between Air and Water, dipping into other elements if you want to generate Might (Fire 3 or 4 > Earth 4 & 5 > Water 3 for 9 stacks) or just feel like trying something else. You'll have weak burns and bleeds unless you stack a bunch of Might, but you can still do good damage out of Fire and every overload will give you auras that proc a ton of boons.

@Feanor.2358 said:It's not solely due to missing Ferocity, you're also missing the whole Fire traitline and you're using Water attunement skills with low damage instead of the Fire ones. Unless you plan on soloing hard group event champions, there's absolutely no need for any of that.

I tend to agree, doing fast and bursty damage is generally quicker for solo content in any case.

• 1 month later...

@mygamingid.5816 said:For a soloist, I would probably recommend a Zealot's Air/Water/Tempest build. You get a ridiculous amount of healing and your high crit chance will keep Fresh Air proc'd. Damage won't be as good as Berserker's, solely due to missing Ferocity, but it'll still be good. If you do end up on a team, trade out Cleansing Water for Powerful Aura.

You'll bounce between Air and Water, dipping into other elements if you want to generate Might (Fire 3 or 4 > Earth 4 & 5 > Water 3 for 9 stacks) or just feel like trying something else. You'll have weak burns and bleeds unless you stack a bunch of Might, but you can still do good damage out of Fire and every overload will give you auras that proc a ton of boons.

I highly recommend NOT trying this, your damage will be so bad and you'll have such huge issues just soloing enemies in the open world.

Full viper for condi or zerker/marauders accessories with as much blind as you can get. Running glyph of storms(casted in earth for more blinds) + arcane shield both pet glyphs to summon rock elementals to tank harder stuff for you. This will allow you to avoid all damage and burst things down if you play it correctly.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhUMophlNwqB0RsIAY3r6Z9uOIAUAKiCbgQQNE-jxBBQBM4BAoRlfnUJYlU/JP6BAwJAAH7PAA-e

No offense, but your build is complete nonsense. You have built a dagger / dagger weaver that does not use a single weaver skill, what is the point? May as well just run a core ele D/D build.

All your 6-0 skills are core skills so the weaver spec traits will not benefit them whatsoever. This is the main problem I find on these class boards. People look at other people's builds, criticize them, and then put up even WORSE builds with no explanation whatsoever.

The only thing you got right is that you must have some survivability baked into the build because ele is simply too squishy in open world most of the time. But that 3rd trait line would do much better w/ a core build.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Darkwind.7823" said:

No offense, but your build is complete nonsense. You have built a dagger / dagger weaver that
does not use a single weaver skill
, what is the point? May as well just run a core ele D/D build.

All your 6-0 skills are core skills so the weaver spec traits will not benefit them whatsoever. This is the main problem I find on these class boards. People look at other people's builds, criticize them, and then put up even WORSE builds with no explanation whatsoever.

The only thing you got right is that you
must
have some survivability baked into the build because ele is simply too squishy in open world most of the time. But that 3rd trait line would do much better w/ a core build.

Do you mean that his build doesn't utilize a Stance-skill? Because it's not mandatory to use a Elite-specific utility, the synergy with the new abilities (in this case the Dual Attacks) are way more important. Only Primordial Stance is a good Weaver-utility for PvE and maybe the elite skill. The good traits also don't synergize with the Stances, but with the Dual Attacks.

The build you linked isn't perfect, but for open world it's much better than a Water-Earth build, because it takes two hours to kill a single mob whilst you are only a little bit more tanky. Because of the low base defences it's better to double down on damage and kill the enemy before they kill you and use conditions such as blind for defence.

• 2 weeks later...

@Altion.9576 said:Runes of Scholar, weaver 3 2 1 water traitline is a (saddly) a must for not instadying.

With Fire, Arcane, Weaver you have top tier damage and almost perma-vigor. Dodging is your friend and just as important as using your active defenses. Learn to be a glass cannon in the open world and it's much easier to survive in every other game mode.

I just used this and breezed my way to weaver.Summon Golem for being a massive distraction + free protection as you run circles around the mobs/ champions with super speed. Kite for days around your overloads.

if live really becomes hell, you have on demand:

4 sec projectile denial with Air Focus 43 second reflect, blast+ 3 condi clear with Earth 43 second invuln with Earth 5Superspeed everytime you attune to air (which will be often as that is your main source of dps)+Any defensive utility you decide to put on.

Your main CC's will be shocking aura, Water 5 and Air 5

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdhUMoph9MwzB0RsIBYuN2JbmloHsCqBCLgAQFE-j1BFQBA4BA4gTAQa0DcRlg6T9HFq8DJ7PQKgyFaB-w

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:Runes of Scholar, weaver 3 2 1 water traitline is a (saddly) a must for not instadying.

Practice is a must for not "instadying", not water.

You can practice all you like, practice does not remove condy or heal while you are in melee.

No but plenty of things do. For instance, dodging the attack that causes the condi will prevent that condi from being applied and, in turn, reduce the amount of healing you actually need.

I am not blindly recommending practice just to say it. When I started playing weaver, I died all the time. I stuck with it, practiced a lot and was then able to solo through all of PoF with a sword/dagger weaver and a sword/focus weaver. I never traited into water.

I am not saying someone can't or shouldn't trait into water if they want to. It's an open world PvE build being asked about, people should trait/play those how they choose. My statement was directly replying to yours that said you had to trait into water to prevent instadying. That is simply not true, that's my only point. Practice can lead to more skilled game play which leads to survivability.

So yes, I can, and did, practice all I liked and it led me to playing a weaver without traiting into water and I don't instadie.

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:Runes of Scholar, weaver 3 2 1 water traitline is a (saddly) a must for not instadying.

You can practice all you like, practice does not remove condy or heal while you are in melee.

No but plenty of things do. For instance, dodging the attack that causes the condi will prevent that condi from being applied and, in turn, reduce the amount of healing you actually need.

I am not blindly recommending practice just to say it. When I started playing weaver, I died all the time. I stuck with it, practiced a lot and was then able to solo through all of PoF with a sword/dagger weaver and a sword/focus weaver. I never traited into water.

I am not saying someone can't or shouldn't trait into water if they want to. It's an open world PvE build being asked about, people should trait/play those how they choose. My statement was directly replying to yours that said you had to trait into water to prevent instadying. That is simply not true, that's my only point. Practice can lead to more skilled game play which leads to survivability.

So yes, I can, and did, practice all I liked and it led me to playing a weaver without traiting into water and I don't instadie.

And if you play competent a condy player 1v1 you will need far more than dodge to avoid burning down your hp.

And if you play a competent condy player 1v1+ you will need far more than dodge to avoid burning down your hp.

And if you were posting in a thread about PvP or WvW that might be relevant.

@Wolfheart.7483 said:

And if you play a competent condy player 1v1+ you will need far more than dodge to avoid burning down your hp.

True, lost track of the chat, PVE open world is basically any build you like + a bit of skill. I was thinking about weaver issues in general, which will eventually bubble up when you move to other forms of gameplay.

True, lost track of the chat, PVE open world is basically any build you like + a bit of skill. I was thinking about weaver issues in general, which will eventually bubble up when you move to other forms of gameplay.

I agree completely about the PvP/WvW build requiring something entirely different. I certainly wouldn't trait the way I do in PvE if I were going into PvP/WvW because I would get wrecked.....quickly.

Easy to lose track of which thread is which, I assumed that was the case.

• 1 month later...

@"Morticoccus.6540" said:After returning to the game for the new expansion I find that my glass cannon build kind of dies horribly as soon as it gets swamped by the new mobs, kiting isn't ideal against some of them either so I was wondering if anyone could suggest an elementalist or tempest build I could use while actually getting the HP I need to unlock weaver?The endgame stuff is all well and good but I find a lot of those builds focus on either getting or sharing buffs from/with other members or relies on having someone else that the enemy focuses on.

I love this build! http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWhUMoohNNwvB0RMIAYylsEkCq3QT8TGBgCwDA-jxRBABLcBBoZ/BKV/5KlfA8gAwTHhZKBJEggtA-e

@Morticoccus.6540 said:

Thanks for the input, I'll probably try prot on overload as soon as I get home from work, I was noticing that I tended to take more damage while in OL, and cutting that down more can only be a good thing.Speaking of healing, is the signet the most effective way to regain health or are any of the other options worth considering? Because of the complete lack of healing power in this build I find that you get relatively little health per spell when using the signet.

Glyph of Harmony is a better heal.

Archived