Gem Store Gifting Items Quick List?

wheelz.5461

I'm not sure if there is a list/page on the GW2 forums...or even on another site. Places like Dulfy will likely tell me...but there is a TON of content there that sometimes it's just hard for me to search through them. But I was wondering if there was just a quick list of items that can or can not be gifted to other players from the gem store. Even if it is just those that can't be gifted...I'd like to find that kind of a list/page and book mark so I can find it quickly for future reference.

Round 2 (got distracted, and last attempt before I have to go):

1. Go to https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Special:Ask
  2. Put [[Has vendor::Gem store]][[sells item::<q>[[Category:Giftable items]]</q>]] into the top left box.
  3. Put ?Sells item into the top right box
  4. Set the limit to 500 (because why not make this somewhat future-proof)
  5. Press "Find results"

The results are sortable with the arrows on the top right column.

Unlimited editing should be here tomorrow, Greener, if you've been registered since the forums debuted and have made at least five posts.

Meanwhile, though an accurate full list would be lovely, one can at least rule of thumb it: If it is an upgrade an account can only apply a limited number of times and that takes effect upon purchase (eg shared inventory slots), it cannot be gifted because there's a real headache in gifting something to someone already maxed in it. Cosmetic skins; even though you can only unlock a glider or outfit once, can be gifted as they become inventory items. It's just a waste if someone already has it unlocked, so one can't surprise a friend with a gift unless one either is willing to lose the money/gold or one is absolutely sure the friend hasn't acquired it by other means.

@Donari.5237 said:Unlimited editing should be here tomorrow, Greener, if you've been registered since the forums debuted and have made at least five posts.

Meanwhile, though an accurate full list would be lovely, one can at least rule of thumb it: If it is an upgrade an account can only apply a limited number of times and that takes effect upon purchase (eg shared inventory slots), it cannot be gifted because there's a real headache in gifting something to someone already maxed in it. Cosmetic skins; even though you can only unlock a glider or outfit once, can be gifted as they become inventory items. It's just a waste if someone already has it unlocked, so one can't surprise a friend with a gift unless one either is willing to lose the money/gold or one is absolutely sure the friend hasn't acquired it by other means.

Music to my ears. Do you accept cash or cheque? Also, that is a good rule of thumb to go by.If there are any items which you don't see on that generated list which should be there, let me know; or better yet, click the Feedback button on the item's page and it should get fixed even faster.

Thanks!

I appreciate the feed back! I will try that search tip in a few minutes here. would be nice though to have a static premade list of those items in the gem store that aren't giftable. I find myself sometimes in the mood (or financially able) to help out a friend here and there.

@wheelz.5461 said:I appreciate the feed back! I will try that search tip in a few minutes here. would be nice though to have a static premade list of those items in the gem store that aren't giftable. I find myself sometimes in the mood (or financially able) to help out a friend here and there.

Static lists quickly fall out of date, as they require constant manual curation as items are added to the game (the wiki has too many of these hiding in dark corners). You'd want to use a dynamic list like the above.

As for a list of items which are not giftable, I can't recall how to use negations on categories in a semantic query. Best bet is to use Donari's advice for that.

I know that things are added and taken down in whatever time frame that they use, so you're right, a static list for giftable items would be pretty much useless. but for those that can't be gifted that are always up in the gem store (like those account upgrades) would be nice to know. I wish I were blessed with a great (even photographic) memory, but alas, my browser is full of site/page bookmarks which I have helpfully placed in neat little folders named Gaming, Social...etc.

Archived